Jedi Faction Rework Idea

Only listing abilities changed in some way.

Aayla Secura Abilities

Superior Riposte
· Unique · Level 8 (Zeta)
Aayla has +20% Critical Chance, 100% Counter Chance and +50% Counter Damage. In addition, she Stuns her target for 1 turn whenever she critically hits. On Counter Attack she dispels all buffs on the target (applied before damage).

Ahsoka Tano Abilities

Energetic Slash
· Basic · Level 8
Deal Physical damage to target enemy plus bonus damage equal to 25% of the target’s Max Health.
Damage: 4725 – 5221

Protective Manuever
· Special · Level 8
3 turn cooldown
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and restore health and protection equal to 20% of Ahsoka’s Max Health.
Damage: 6659 – 7359

Daring Padawan
Ahsoka has +60% Tenacity and +60 Speed. This bonus is doubled the first time Ahsoka defeats an enemy. If Jedi Knight Anakin is present, both he and Ahsoka have +30% Health and gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever they uses a Special ability.

Grand Master Yoda Abilities

Masterstroke
· Special · Level 8
3 turn cooldown
Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, dispel all positive effects and for each positive status effect an enemy had, Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns. (Unique status effects can't be copied.)
Damage: 2368 – 2616

Unstoppable Force
· Special · Level 8
4 turn cooldown
Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to remove 70% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn. If that enemy was Sith, they are also inflicted with Evasion Down and Stagger for 1 turn.
Damage: 4893 - 5407

Grand Master's Guidance
· Leader · Level 8 (Zeta)
Jedi allies gain 30% Tenacity, gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a debuff. At the start of each battle and whenever they suffer a debuff they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn.

Luminara Unduli Abilities

Flow of the Force
· Basic · Level 8
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns.
Damage: 3982 – 4400

Force Blast
· Special · Level 8
2 turn cooldown
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block for 2 turns. All other targets take 50% damage and are inflicted with Ability Block for 1 turn.
Damage: 5889 – 6507

Master Healer's Blessing
· Special · Level 8
4 turn cooldown
Dispel all debuffs from allies. Each ally recovers Health equal to 45% of Luminara Unduli's Max Health, plus an additional 20% of her Max Health on the start of their next 2 turns.

Mace Windu Abilities

Invincible Assault
· Basic · Level 8
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 1 turn. If Mace is below full Health, this attack deals 100% more damage and Mace gains 30% Turn Meter.
Damage: 3577 – 3953

Smite
· Special · Level 8
Smite 3 turn cooldown
Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects. If that target was Exposed or Sith, inflict Deathmark for 2 turns. This effect can't be Resisted.
Damage: 6112 – 6754

Vaapad
Jedi allies gain 45% Offense and 30% Critical Chance, and they recover 6% of their Max Protection when scoring a Critical Hit.

Shatterpoint
· Unique · Level 8
At the start of each of his turns, Mace Exposes a random enemy until the end of his turn. This effect can't be Resisted. In addition, Mace gains 25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.

Plo Koon Abilities

Quelling Blow
· Basic · Level 8
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all positive status effects on them. If an effect is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Protection Up equal to 10% for each effect debuffed for 3 turns.
Damage: 4629 – 5115

Force Judgment
· Special · Level 8
4 turn cooldown
Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Offense Down for 3 turns.
Damage: 1830 – 2022

Take Charge
· Special · Level 8
4 turn cooldown
All allies gain Defense Up and Truestrike (Attacks cannot be evaded) for 4 turns. Clone and Jedi allies gain 50% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Overwatch
· Leader · Level 8
Each ally has a 80% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offense Up for 1 turn and call all allied characters to attack each enemy dispelled. These attacks cannot be evaded or resisted.

Replies

• Options
    Love all the ideas listed,
    Would suggest possibly a taunting ability on Mace, Aayla or IGD. Triggered Taunt or skill Taunt, but depending on who it where to go to that it fix accordingly.
    I choose those three, because they are ( at least IMHO ) some of the more tankier Jedi, and have fewer skills then most.
    Yes, GK has a taunt, but is not something accessible till you are late game.
  • Options
    I like it, but if a Jedi were to get 100% counter chance, I'd give it to mace. 50% is enough for aayla in my book. Also, Plo koons force judgement could grant him taunt and could be unevadable or counterable.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If I was going to throw taunt on another Jedi aside from GK, it would probable be Plo Kloon or Kit FIsto. Hadn't really gotten around to Kit's kit. Lesee...

Kit Fisto Abilities

Lightsaber Mastery
    · Basic · Level 8
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again. Kit Fisto has a 50% chance to gain 15% Turn Meter with each attack.
    Damage: 3464 - 3828

Turn the Tide
    · Special · Level 8
    Turn the Tide 4 turn cooldown
    Deal Physical damage to all enemies and all Jedi allies cooldowns are reduced by 1. Sith enemies are Staggered and their cooldowns are increased by 1.
    Damage: 3044 - 3364

Superior Bladework
    Kit Fisto has 50% Counter Chance and +30% Offense. When Kit Fisto uses a basic attack (including counter attacks), he clears all debuffs on himself and then gains Taunt for 1 turn.

Not sure if Kit should taunt on when he uses a basic, when any jedi uses a basic, or if it should be limited to counter attacks and allied counter attacks only.
    Post edited by medetec on
  • Options
    Well this would make Kit much more useful. Building his taunt around working with other Jedi also might be a good idea.
    Kit gains taunt, clears all debuffs and gets crit immune for one turn on counter ?
    Imagine that with an IGD lead squad
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Only listing abilities changed in some way.

Aayla Secura Abilities

Superior Riposte
    Aayla has +20% Critical Chance, 100% Counter Chance and +50% Counter Damage. In addition, she Stuns her target for 1 turn whenever she critically hits. On Counter Attack she dispels all buffs on the target (applied before damage).

Ahsoka Tano Abilities

Energetic Slash
    · Basic · Level 8
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy plus bonus damage equal to 25% of the target’s Max Health.
    Damage: 4725 – 5221

Protective Manuever
    · Special · Level 8
    3 turn cooldown
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and restore health and protection equal to 20% of Ahsoka’s Max Health.
    Damage: 6659 – 7359

Daring Padawan
    Ahsoka has +60% Tenacity and +60 Speed. This bonus is doubled the first time Ahsoka defeats an enemy. If Jedi Knight Anakin is present, both he and Ahsoka have +30% Health and gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever they uses a Special ability.

Grand Master Yoda Abilities

Masterstroke
    · Special · Level 8
    3 turn cooldown
    Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, dispel all positive effects and for each positive status effect an enemy had, Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns. (Unique status effects can't be copied.)
    Damage: 2368 – 2616

Unstoppable Force
    · Special · Level 8
    4 turn cooldown
    Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to remove 70% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn. If that enemy was Sith, they are also inflicted with Evasion Down and Stagger for 1 turn.
    Damage: 4893 - 5407

Grand Master's Guidance
    Jedi allies gain 30% Tenacity, gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a debuff. At the start of each battle and whenever they suffer a debuff they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn.

Luminara Unduli Abilities

Flow of the Force
    · Basic · Level 8
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns.
    Damage: 3982 – 4400

Force Blast
    · Special · Level 8
    2 turn cooldown
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block for 2 turns. All other targets take 50% damage and are inflicted with Ability Block for 1 turn.
    Damage: 5889 – 6507

Master Healer's Blessing
    · Special · Level 8
    4 turn cooldown
    Dispel all debuffs from allies. Each ally recovers Health equal to 45% of Luminara Unduli's Max Health, plus an additional 20% of her Max Health on the start of their next 2 turns.

Mace Windu Abilities

Invincible Assault
    · Basic · Level 8
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 1 turn. If Mace is below full Health, this attack deals 100% more damage and Mace gains 30% Turn Meter.
    Damage: 3577 – 3953

Smite
    · Special · Level 8
    Smite 3 turn cooldown
    Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects. If that target was Exposed or Sith, inflict Deathmark for 2 turns. This effect can't be Resisted.
    Damage: 6112 – 6754

Vaapad
    Jedi allies gain 45% Offense and 30% Critical Chance, and they recover 6% of their Max Protection when scoring a Critical Hit.

Shatterpoint
    · Unique · Level 8
    At the start of each of his turns, Mace Exposes a random enemy until the end of his turn. This effect can't be Resisted. In addition, Mace gains 25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.

Plo Koon Abilities

Quelling Blow
    · Basic · Level 8
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all positive status effects on them. If an effect is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Protection Up equal to 10% for each effect debuffed for 3 turns.
    Damage: 4629 – 5115

Force Judgment
    · Special · Level 8
    4 turn cooldown
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Offense Down for 3 turns.
    Damage: 1830 – 2022

Take Charge
    · Special · Level 8
    4 turn cooldown
    All allies gain Defense Up and Truestrike (Attacks cannot be evaded) for 4 turns. Clone and Jedi allies gain 50% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Overwatch
    · Leader · Level 8
    Each ally has a 80% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offense Up for 1 turn and call all allied characters to attack each enemy dispelled. These attacks cannot be evaded or resisted.

Nicely done
  • Options
    I don't think ahsoka needs any changes to her attacks and her passive just needs a zeta, not a full rework. That zeta should read something like "gains 50% max health, 50 speed, 20% crit chance, and 50% counter chance losing those effects in reverse order for each critical hit taken." There's really been a trend going away from crit based teams (i.e. Nihilus lead) and making this little change will really keep an element of strategy in the game.

She also needs a full rework on her leader ability. It's a joke.

Other than that nice ideas
  • Options
    I don't think ahsoka needs any changes to her attacks and her passive just needs a zeta, not a full rework. That zeta should read something like "gains 50% max health, 50 speed, 20% crit chance, and 50% counter chance losing those effects in reverse order for each critical hit taken." There's really been a trend going away from crit based teams (i.e. Nihilus lead) and making this little change will really keep an element of strategy in the game.

She also needs a full rework on her leader ability. It's a joke.

Other than that nice ideas

I was actually thinking of just entirely removing her leader ability. There are lots of Jedi leads, hers is redundant, and we dont really need another Jedi lead anyways.

The reason I changed Ahsoka is for a few reasons not entirely related to just Jedi. First, the game needs more tankbusters. Right now theres Nihilus and.... thats about it. Percent max hp damage is the traditional buster kit, but almost all instances of it in the game are on very long cooldowns for the effect (aside from deathmark on DT and what I've proposed for Mace).

The reason I removed the passive loss on crit from Ahsoka is because really, the effect wasnt strong enough to warrant a downside. She went from awful stats to OK while the passive was up, and in the course of removing that crit loss stipulation I wanted to also make the kit a bit more unique, less crit reliant as I removed the crit reliance from the rest of her kit, and overall more powerfull, while also bringing Anakin a slight buff since he's fallen out of favor as of late, but only when used with Ahsoka.

• Options
    This is awesome and so on point. Love it.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    In honor of Twin Suns, might as well push Kenobi in here as well.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Elegant Form
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy inflict Buff Immunity for 3 turns. This attack cannot be countered or evaded.

Damage: 4260 - 4602

Mind Tricks
    · Special · Level 8
    5 turn cooldown
    Inflict Ability Block and Offense Down on all enemies for 2 turns, and remove 60% Turn Meter.

Balance in the Force
    · Leader · Level 1 - Zeta (there are no levels, its either active or not)
    Disable the enemy leader ability.

If You Strike Me Down
    · Unique · Level 7
    When Old Ben Kenobi is defeated, he grants all allies Damage Immunity and 100% increased offense for 1 turn.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben should copy a random buff of each enemy and give to all allies at the begin of each of his turn.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    By the way, rework the stats of the Jedi as well. They are too squishy. I tested ZGJ this morning in arena and they just get destroyed even with foresight.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    By the way, rework the stats of the Jedi as well. They are too squishy. I tested ZGJ this morning in arena and they just get destroyed even with foresight.

Think that has more to do with the pure AI design then the Jedi themselves. The AI will not single target anything down, there for you lose the foresight advantage far too often.
    Making them more beefy could be an issue, with the already combinations you can already do with the plug and play style of the Jedi since there are a good deal of them. Even now, almost at 85, my Arena team can still sit there taking full rounds of AoEs from the silly Wiggs and Lando teams as STH is in taunt mode. IDK, just my input
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    With GK in the fray now, Jedi seem plenty beefy... they're actually very, very hard to kill in the right setup. I'd be careful about increasing their survive-ability, and prefer the "make their abilities worthwhile" approach to raw stat buffs.