Zeta Maul viable at 5*?

Is he? About to get my first zeta, was intending to put it on Vader, but any time i put him in my arena instead of a second tank i drop like a rock overnight from top 20. Maul does not show up all that much in shipments, dont know how many months its going to take me to get him to 7*. I can get maul to g10 quickly enough.

Replies

• DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have zVader zSidious zBoba and about to zeta my 4th, and I don't regret, in fact, I love my Empire team.

To your question: Viable? Depends. Any toon is viable at *4 G11, not to mention *5.

However, to get into top5, it's another story. Depends on dozen factors like: how old your shard is, how many whales, how many smart whales (the ones who can actually put a good defensive team), overall speed on your arena, overall teams for example: if too many vaders, if too many mauls, if too many chaze, if too many timeout squads, if too many zQGJ....

I mean, geez mate, there's no answer for that question, no wonder why your topic is blank, and I honestly really don't know why I'm answering this...

TL:DR Go ahead and use him, why not? I mean, geez, get your hands dirty and go for it...

But Vader has a lot more use outside the arena.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply, i should have probably provided more info ;)

My shard is newish september 2016. The top ten is populated by wigz, about two whales and one not very smart or lucky craken, has every char 7* g11, and not very good speed mods. There are 3 zaders, but they drop out of top 20 a lot. And it seems all the wigs teams are farming empire, i see the usual people in top 20 switch to it every so often but they are not geared yet. Wigz teams and empire run baze no chirrut (thankfully) and or shore.
    My speed mods are average, i take 1st daily with palp(l) g10 187 speed, tfp g10 234, boba g10 217, sthan g11 180, shore g10. I have vader on the bench at g10 190 speed. I am not sure why with han i keep rank better instead of Vader.

If i put Maul in my lineup, it will be withou sid as i just started to farm him. So Maul, palp, vader, tfp and shore. I could probably start on assasin, to replace tfp.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @dyha good info, now we can talk. Well, the success of your zMaul squad will depend entirely on how fast you can get your EP. Put your best speed mods on EP (but don't sacrifice cross potency) and calculate the final speed *1.25. Lets say you get your EP to 210, under zMaul he will have 263 speed. If you can outspeed anyone on your arena with EP, then I would zeta Maul.

However, with zVader you can solo rancor and still be good at arena. Problem with zVader is that it's not as OP as it was before, but it's still amazing.

I personally would go with Maul, because of the new siths being released. For arena right now, zMaul is better than zVader.

But like I told you, with zVader zSidious zBoba I can destroy any team on offense and don't drop outside of top10, plus I solo rancor and I'm doing great on hAAT.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Thank you once again for all the info. I think i'll do Vader first to help my guild with raids, and i'll do maul second. Hope my arena shard stays with wigz for awhile longer :)
  • Options
    I am running 6 star zeta maul with success on my shard so it comes down to Good mods in the end
    He is gear 11 though with +80 speed
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yes, it's a mods game. My friend is running a *6 G10 maul and getting into top5, because his EP is fast.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    I could switch mods from my boba (+82) he is g11 now, i am rather fond of him since he carried me before rework. Nihilus as a dispell could work. In any case i am not having great luck with speed mods unfortunately.
  • Options
    It may not be the exact answer you are looking for but the more people start switching to teams relying on buff immunity/ability block you will drop more with your STH. I run similar team but with B2 instead because almost every team now has baze/shore. I'd farm B2 if you decide to wait with your zeta.
  • Options
    Maul comes up in shipments, guild shipment, and fleet shipment. If you haven't already, might spend the 20 bucks on 80 maul shards