Game Transfers needs a big update

So I recently just upgraded my iphone. Little did I know that my game center was not logged in the entire time I was playing this game on my old phone. ( There was never any message or warning that I needed to be logged into game center for my progress to be saved for possible transfer at a later date. This is a terrible thing to not advise new players about ) However now I am stuck with having to play on my old phone if I wish to continue to play this app. I've reached level 48 and do not care to start over. Why is it that you have not made it possible to transfer a saved game over by just using the player ID? Do you plan to have a fix for this anytime in the near future or ever? I'm pretty disappointed and will not be spending any money on a new account because I was not warned/made aware of game center being how this game is saved. I am sure I am not the first and I won't be the last player of this game to encounter this issue. If possible I'd like to see an EA response to this message about how the player ID can be used to transfer saved data from one device to another. Also I strongly suggest that a warning message to be added to the starting of the game if you are not logged into game center or the android equivalent.

Replies

• Options
    You just need to log into Game Center then log into your SWGOH account on the old phone.

Unless you created a new SWGOH account linked to your Game Center on the new phone. Then you need to create a new Game Center account and link it to your original SWGOH account on the old phone. Good luck.
  • Options
    When I log into game center on old phone and then load up SWGOH the game completely restarts. You are back at the very start of the game. When I log into game center after I've loaded the game nothing happens. However once I close out of the game and reopen it then the game is back at the start. If I am missing something let me know. However it seems there is no way to link it to a game center account if you did not do so at the very start.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've made it to level 48 on the game, so I've already put quite a bit of time into playing it. However being left to simply just start over, because there is nothing EA can do about helping me link the account just seems insane. I've had other game apps completely delete themselves and the customer service from those companies were able to offer a few ways to help. ( In my case they were able to recover my game even though it was only a guest account. In my nephews case they were not able to recover the game so they credited a new account with experience and runes ( Which would be gems in this game ). I would imagine that solutions like this would not be to difficult for a multi billion dollar corporation. Hopefully they will make some sort of fix for this situation.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That means you already created a new level 1 SWGOH account and linked to your current Game Center account. You'd need a new Game Center account.
  • Options
    I will attempt to create a new game center account.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    That means you already created a new level 1 SWGOH account and linked to your current Game Center account. You'd need a new Game Center account.

It worked!!! Thanks a lot for helping me out. You were 1000x more help then the EA support I spoke to on the phone about this issue. Really appreciate it!
  • Options
    No worries, have fun!
  • Options
    Asifab wrote: »
    I will attempt to create a new game center account.

hi, can i ask you how you managed to create a new game center account and linked it? i have a friend with the same problem you have, but unfortunately with the new iOS update the game center app is no longer there and i don't know how to do it from the settings

thanks in advance
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Game Center is now integrated in iOS. There is no longer an app icon but you can still log in via Settings