STHan - why does everyone rant over him?

I just don't see it. I'm probably not playing the guy right or something, but I do not understand why everyone says you have to have him. I have him 7*, g8, not modded great or anything but have him at level 81. I would bump him to full level but I just don't see it.

Maybe there's a tipping point or something where he turns into this magical toon? Right now, I think he pretty much stinks.

Replies

• Options
    he is an awful tank, but his special use is not his tankiness. It is because when he removes turn meter from enemies and gives you all turn meter. He is useful when you get him to about 210+ speed especially if you have an ackbar or lando lead to make him even faster.

The idea being you have Biggs go first, Then Wedge Possibly Tie Pilot, then STH taunts, giving them all enough turn meter and removing from the other team so your whole lineup gets to go again before the other team gets more than 1 or 2 moves.
  • Options
    He shines when you give him as much cocaine speed mods as possible so he goes first, because not only does it get a taunt up early, it also gives everyone else 30% tm. Then when he's attacked while taunting he gives everyone else 20% tm each time, and a small chance to remove 10% tm from enemies whenever he takes damage
  • Options
    StH is not a good taunt for the campaign battles or recurring use through GW. He doesn't have enough health/protection to survive. What he does is manipulate TM in your favor. His taunt will immediately grant your team TM, and will continue to do so every time he is hit. He can also remove enemy turn meter randomly. Potency mods work best for that factor.

So if you are looking for a tank to absorb damage and survive, StH is not the tank for you. But if you get him to go early, he can boost the rest of your team and make things difficult for your opponent. Unless they have a debuffer.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In arena, a heavily speed modded TFP, along with Omega Tie Strike comes in a rather handy vs STHan

(Assuming Han isn't on crazy speed mods himself)
  • Options
    I get it - makes sense. I was under the impression that he was a good tank, and I'm glad to see that's clearly not the case. TM manipulation - I see and understand that. Mine isn't modded that great at all in regards to speed, I've been giving my good mods to other toons.

Every time I see him in arena, he looks off the charts with health and protection making me think he was a good tank, now I understand he needs as much as he can get since he's pretty squishy in terms of being a tank.
  • Options
    He is mostly arena useful and better at G9-10...
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    AXXMURDER wrote: »
    He is mostly arena useful and better at G9-10...

g11

• Options
    He's less useful now once Baze and TFP and a speed modded Boba start showing up in your shard.

I use to run the Stache with STHan as wingman but no longer. That ship has sailed.
  • Options
    I think his maximum utility is in arena in rebel vs rebel fights, when similar squads are dueling usually the faster Han wins the fight. He is also a decent tank for scoundrels events and heist but only because he is better than Chewie. In rest he is terrible.
  • Options
    Turn meter turn meter turn meter. Especially great if you have any aspirations towards #TeamFuzzy. He's the best 5th squad member, until @CG_Kozispoon gives us a fifth murder bear. #neverlosehope
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    He was useful around Summer/Fall of last year... it's too late for him now unless they change something.

You used to be able to get him to be the fastest toon on the team and start off with a taunt and TM boost. Now there are faster toons and dispellers so STH is useless on a mature server. If your server is still new, there may be a chance left to use him, but I wouldn't invest in him anymore.