HAAT Raid Rules - How Does Your Guild Do Them?

So, my guild started doing HAAT raids a couple weeks ago and are easily over the hurdle of needed extra teams or mercs to help us out. We clear each phase in 2-3 hours with players to spare.

We are brainstorming other possible formats to the HAAT raids. We currently have each phase start on 12-hour intervals and all can attack once per phase. When phase is done we wait till next one starts, then we all send in one attack again. When we started it was never a problem as it took a while to complete each phase so even members sleeping when a phase started could wake up to that phase and still attack. Now they are ending so fast not all get a chance each phase.

So, I'm just polling the community to see what other guilds doing HAATs are doing. I have a feeling that this will ultimately turn into something similar to Rancors where everyone gets a 0 damage run to get on the boards and then FFA after that. But I wonder if that's best.

Thanks for any replies. I appreciate any suggestions.

Replies

• Options
    We just do P1, 2 and 3 open from start to hit. Max of 7 hits per raid and 2 hits per phase. When P4 opens there's a 12 hour pause and then it's open to be hit
  • Options
    Rules ??? Just Zerg, it's much less headache
  • Options
    1 attack on each phase if you missed p1 you can use your p1 team in p2, the no dmg in p4 till 7hrs from raid launch. Pretty easy complete heroics in 7hrs is fun lol
  • Options
    No rules except hope we don't lose.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    We have set launch times. P1 and P2 are FFA. Once P3 is reached, there's a hold until we hit the 24 hour mark. During that time, anyone who has not yet hit the raid can send a sacrifice to get on the board and ensure rewards. At the 24 hour mark, we go FFA on the rest.
  • Options
    FFA with different starting times for each raid
  • Options
    Raid starts at 5:10PM EST and is open immediately

Phase 1 - 1 attack per member
    Phase 2 - 1 attack per member

No damage past there until 5:10PM EST the next day

Phase 3 - FFA
    Phase 4 - FFA
  • Options
    At least 14hrs of 0 damage. Zerg. Rotation of starting times and raid days.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    We just do P1, 2 and 3 open from start to hit. Max of 7 hits per raid and 2 hits per phase. When P4 opens there's a 12 hour pause and then it's open to be hit

What drama!

OP, we do it quite simple, as shown below. No stupid rules, no holding folks back.

@ everyone Please see detailed Raid schedules below. All times EST. As always, no preloading.
    __Rancor Zerg:__
    2/21, 8pm: 0 Log
    2/22, 8pm: Zerg P1-4
    __AAT Zerg:__
    2/22, 9pm: P1 & P2 ONLY Zerg
    2/23, 9pm: P3 & P4 Zerg
    Ask any questions in # general
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    24 hour zero hit then 1 attack per member for each phase. Whales are happy because they hit a lot harder each phase so end up top 3 or so everytime.
  • Options
    Open early for practice, damage starts at posted time.

P1: 1 attack only
    P2: 1 attack only
    P3: FFA
    P4: 1 zero team to clear B2s and cannon, no hull damage. Then 1 attack only for damage.

HAAT takes roughly 45-75min. from start to finish with only around 25-30 members participating.
  • Options
    @66homunculus, what?
  • Options
    P1-3 free for all at a set time

p4 free for all at a set time
  • Options
    Lol, you should see our heroic Rancor raids that take under 25min with top 15 all solos. (;
  • Options
    Sounds like the worst FFA (with weird rules) that excludes half the guild for no reason and can't be tracked by anyone...thumbs up though
  • Options
    Congrats on 15 solos for rancor in 25 minutes btw
  • Options
    Why would anyone need to track that, sounds like the worst job ever, lol. Other people score zeros if they'll miss, so no one loses out, so all 50 get rewards.
  • Options
    HAAT P1-4
    2ztk8dw.png
    2ujl81y.png
    2a7sba1.png
    34gaddi.png

HRancor
    1628bhd.jpg
  • Options
    Did that Rancor on full auto.
  • Options
    wrong thread @66homunculus .... no one asked for you to post your scores....

hey @Essej had a few drinks I see haha
  • Options
    wrong thread @66homunculus .... no one asked for you to post your scores....

hey @Essej had a few drinks I see haha
  • Options
    I understand what you said but a simple "ffa" would've made more sense...
    Also not sure how this helps the OP either as it seems that they want more people to be able to participate...
    Also guessing that the full auto rancor landed you out of top 15 since you didn't t solo it.
  • Options
    Essej wrote: »
    I understand what you said but a simple "ffa" would've made more sense...
    Also not sure how this helps the OP either as it seems that they want more people to be able to participate...
    Also guessing that the full auto rancor landed you out of top 15 since you didn't t solo

rolfmao
  • Options
    I thought my response was badass, until I saw your highlight...my random "t" gave away my drinking
  • Options
    Essej wrote: »
    I thought my response was badass, until I saw your highlight...my random "t" gave away my drinking
    naw it just gave some swag to it
    lol
  • Options
    Our rules are everyone allowed 1 attack in each phase. P1 and 2 done on day 1 and P3 and 4 on day 2.

Given it takes at least three days to be ready for another hAAT there doesn't seem the need to rush it and this allows everyone best opportunity there score some damage.
  • Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    Rules ??? Just Zerg, it's much less headache

Exactly

No rules except for don't hit early on preopen. Otherwise, zerg, kill those droids and get on with your life.