That horrendous time waster - the raid escape button

I've found this button to be one of the biggest and most annoying time sinks in the game. Because it is there, and because you always have several characters that you want to be able to escape from raid to get another set of hits against the AAT, this results in a massive time sink.

Play the entire battle until just before enrage. Try to escape with the 1/2/3 characters you really want to escape with. They fail, so you retreat from the raid, rinse and repeat, 5, 6, 8, 12, 20 times till you get the characters out that you want.

Removing the escape option would be preferable to the current implementation. But another option would be the first 1 or 2 characters in heroic mode get to escape, and in non-heroic the first 2-3 characters get to. After those escape, the option is gone and no longer available for that attack.

Replies

• Options
    Escape=time sink

Give me a break
  • Options
    It takes 1 second whether successful or not.....

If you are dependent on an escape or more, then that's a very different story
  • Options
    I'm left speachless.

Guess people will always find something to complain about heh
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to read Essej, and completely missing the point of how it is a time sink.
  • Options
    if I were to use escape.... the raid would be over !
  • Options
    How does escape work?

You get to use the toon again in another attack? The damage you've done with it gets minused at the end?

Would be good to try an escape supporter toons like Akbar
  • MörderskA
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm left speachless.

This
  • Options
    lordson86 wrote: »
    How does escape work?

You get to use the toon again in another attack? The damage you've done with it gets minused at the end?

Would be good to try an escape supporter toons like Akbar

If the escape is successful, you can use that toon for your next try. But the damaged the toon caused stays, it is not subtracted.
  • Options
    OP is saying unless his escape is successful he will retreat and start again wasting a lot of time - its the same as trying to get that perfect RNG run where every stun lands etc.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    how on earth would removing the escape option be preferable to what it is now?!?!

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm left speachless.

I want to add that they should give me 10 stun cuffs if I sim 10 times, every time.

If they give me 1 out of 10, I don't want to have to try another 10 times to get more than 1 out of 10.

It does not please me so let's get rid of it or make it guarantee me 5 if I sim 10 times, every time.
  • Options
    I forgot there was an escape button :tongue:
  • Options
    You don't have to use it fyi :wink:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    You don't have to use it fyi :wink:

i've never won a battle the for the entire duration i've been playing this game because there is a retreat button. It's there, so i use it!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Maybe the real time-waster is the "retreat" button?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    How often can you retreat? You personally, op, how often can you retreat? Outside of the first few minutes of each phase in a rancor raid, if I were to retreat the rest of the guild would have already moved on to the next phase. I have a few more chances in HAAT but not many.

Good rng is important but logging damage is far more important. I'd rather log a low score than no score.

But maybe your raids take longer than mine.

As to the escape feature, that goes with rng. If I can't escape a toon (which I haven't even tried since raids were implemented, honestly) then I move on. I don't have the time to retreat and try again.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to escape toons anymore? It's either a good run or it isn't
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    I use the retreat button pretty often but I think the last time I used escape I was level 65? and hitting t5 rancor.

Get a Teebo OP
  • Options
    Are you the only person in your guild?
  • Options
    I've never actually used the escape button in raids... seems like a coward's move. I send my troops in to fight, and if necessary, to die.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    The only case I try to escape a toon is tfp on p3 of the tank. If he gets away, I use him again to do 500k with another team. But if he doesn't, I won't be retrying my run just because of it...
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »

Oh man. This killed me. Lmao.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Well I guess you live up to your name, Fanatic since that means you must be playing solidly like 8 hours a day.
  • Options
    Why would you retreat if they don't escape??

Problem solved.

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    How often can you retreat? You personally, op, how often can you retreat? Outside of the first few minutes of each phase in a rancor raid, if I were to retreat the rest of the guild would have already moved on to the next phase. I have a few more chances in HAAT but not many.

Good rng is important but logging damage is far more important. I'd rather log a low score than no score.

But maybe your raids take longer than mine.

As to the escape feature, that goes with rng. If I can't escape a toon (which I haven't even tried since raids were implemented, honestly) then I move on. I don't have the time to retreat and try again.

In the Rancor raid? Never. In the tank raid? Depends on how my run goes. My guild isn't strong enough to take down HAAT yet, so I usually don't bother with caring about retreat there either. But we occassionally do a a HAAT to see how close we are getting to be able to clear it. Getting a good run there matters, getting to re-use toons in those attempts is a huge boost to potential damage output. Once we have it on farm status it won't matter again.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »

Yes, and my 49 alts.
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Maybe the real time-waster is the "retreat" button?

It is. But since you can hard kill the app, removing the option doesn't really solve that particular problem.
  • Kat
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 100% agree with this.
    I'm the newbie of my guild and have only 10 char 6*, so i always use this damned button for trying save more people to do the most try as possible.
    But honestly when i see all the waste of time it is finally, i prefer to have only 1 or 2 char that i can be sure to save at 100% instead to trying save 3 more or more and waste 2 hours....
    Even remove the escape will feel me better, atleast i'll know it will be the same for everyone and i could spend more time for anything else.
    Hey be indulgent pls, my english is just basic!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug! .
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.