Thoughts on being able to donate/trade character shards, as well as receiving reward for donations

Saw this on reddit and I think it's pretty awesome idea.
"Why not turn the guild store into a donate-to-unlock store.
For instance, want Ashoka available in the guild store? The guild has to donate X shards.
100 shards donated = 5 shards/5000 guild currency.
500 shards donated = 5 shards/1000 guild currency.
1000 shards donated = 5 shards/400 guild currency.
Do the same thing for gear pieces. Will really set guilds apart from each other. Come join Team X, we have Kylo Ren in the guild shop!(or cookies, whatever you want)."

Replies

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately people would still take advantage of it by using alt accounts to dump highly desirable toons in there. Great idea in theory, would be abused in practice.
  • Options
    Yup, this could easily be exploited, and would really not be good for the game overall
  • Options
    If only people were good we wouldn't have to worry about exploiting stuff and just make life better for everyone :c
  • Options
    Just about anything can be exploited. Trading spots in arenas for best payout. Donating gear from alts to mains.

Though I would recommend it be limited to only being able to donate a shard if you already have the character 7*. Also, would need to be limit it to non-event only characters so no Palp, or Yoda etc.

I mean if someone wants to shell out enough $$ to 7* Krennic/Death Trooper four times over just so their guild can have a chance to buy 5 shards for 400 guild currency then I say let them.
  • Options
    Too much exploitation if shards were involved.