stun wearing off immediately

Faced a team today in GW: lumi lead with qgj, Vader, Yoda and Savage. My empire team started wading thru them, taking one diversion to stun Vader and keep his debuffs out of the game.
Bariss managed to purge the debuffs off a mauled Yoda, and then Vader's turn was next...But instead of just losing his turn to recover from the stun he immediately unleashed force choke... Which caught me off guard.
I thought I miscalculated or something, and carried on to stun Yoda... And then the same thing happened: the stuns were effectively not there.
In retreated and double checked their abilities and apart from Bariss's cleanse which was out of turn and also should not have occurred on Vader who had the most health, none of the other skills seem to have done that.
Any possible explanations?

Replies

• Options
    Savage could have cleansed Vader's stun at the end of his turn, but then you would've seen Savage being stunned for 1 turn. And Savage can't cleanse non-sith, so Yoda should've been stunned. Sounds weirdly bugged. Do you know how to record a video? Cuz a video and a bug report would be good.
  • Options
    Hmmm... Just remembered now that savage has a new ability to steal debuffs from sith. That could have explained Vader... Though I don't remember him being stunned after that. And yoda's answer might have been bariss after all...I finished that node so it's too late to confirm.
    Ugh. The new skills sure give me a headache. Just from savage and bariss in the same team... Who would've thought?
  • Options
    Wait....you don't list Bariss in the team. Who did she replace?
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Savage could have cleansed Vader's stun at the end of his turn, but then you would've seen Savage being stunned for 1 turn. And Savage can't cleanse non-sith, so Yoda should've been stunned. Sounds weirdly bugged. Do you know how to record a video? Cuz a video and a bug report would be good.

Thanks...Yeah same idea! On hindsight yeah I should have gone a few more rounds on that node just to be sure. Haven't learned how to record videos yet but will watch for something similar again next time
  • Options
    Wait....you don't list Bariss in the team. Who did she replace?

Oops sorry...It's late at night, sleepy fingers. Got a little mixed up with a previous match, it's qgj who shouldn't be in that team. :-p

Good catch!
  • Options
    Barriss will clear all debuffs ( including stuns ) off the ally with the least health ( if only one is debuffed, then that one will get cleared ) at the end of each of her turns
  • Options
    No, I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I had the same thing happen to me last night, where Sidious was stunned, gained full tm when I killed someone else, and then attacked. I know that he went from stunned to attacking without anyone else getting a turn, and while I don't have either of them I'm pretty sure that Barriss and Savage only cleanse on their own turns.
  • JediMasterGibs
    421 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    hmmm..... I noticed some hard core f***-ery today in my GW.... I'm going to keep an eye out. I can't remember any specifics, but ability block and stun seemed to be very buggy, but I do remember seeing a lot of Barriss, was her cleanse always this good? I remember it being somewhat of a joke in the past. I also felt like my potency was lack luster (empire squad led by palp).
  • Options
    I noticed the same thing. Stunned, then as soon as it wore off, they attacked. I figured it was just some type of glitch and didn't think anything else about it.

I have also noticed stun wearing off instantly though - quite a bit. I chocked it up to they may have had a full TM when they were stunned.
  • Options
    I think I also have it several times. I think it is bug, but not evidence
  • Options
    Ditto. Happened this morning. No savage or barriss in sight.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    This "bug" has been talked about for months on this forum yet there has been zero proof and no one I know has experienced this problem
  • Options
    It's kind of hard to capture the proof unless you record every battle you play and hope it happens.

That said, I see it frequently and think sometimes it's not really a bug, but something that's just part of the game. For example, I VERY often run into a team with Fives in GW. If you stun him, he immediately loses it, but doesn't attack. I think what happens there is that he's stunned with your hit, but that huge counter chance of his basically unfreezes him, but he doesn't shoot back. I don't think that's described anywhere, but it seems to me to be what's happening with him, because that scenario happens many times to me. AS will hit him, he's stunned for her action, and then bam...he's no longer stunned. Doesn't gain turn meter, isn't cleansed by anyone, and doesn't immediately shoot...he's just not stunned anymore.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to capture the proof unless you record every battle you play and hope it happens.

That said, I see it frequently and think sometimes it's not really a bug, but something that's just part of the game. For example, I VERY often run into a team with Fives in GW. If you stun him, he immediately loses it, but doesn't attack. I think what happens there is that he's stunned with your hit, but that huge counter chance of his basically unfreezes him, but he doesn't shoot back. I don't think that's described anywhere, but it seems to me to be what's happening with him, because that scenario happens many times to me. AS will hit him, he's stunned for her action, and then bam...he's no longer stunned. Doesn't gain turn meter, isn't cleansed by anyone, and doesn't immediately shoot...he's just not stunned anymore.

It's not that hard to retreat and replicate in GW
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    This "bug" has been talked about for months on this forum yet there has been zero proof and no one I know has experienced this problem

This has happened to me, just not always. And I'm not about to record every single arena battle for proof when it does happen.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    I've experience the stun vanishing as soon as it is applied. What's worse is sometimes their TM doesn't reset...
  • Options
    The only inconsistencies I've seen with stun wearing off prematurely is when you're countered by Aayla or Dooku, get stunned, and usually it doesn't wear off, so you're stunned the whole next turn. But sometimes it does wear off like it used to back in the day.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

It's not that hard to retreat and replicate in GW

I did...That's how I confirmed it wasn't bariss doing it. Forgot about savage so I didn't check to see if he got stunned instead.

Also, when a match is about 10+ moves in only to hit a bug, most of us won't be inclined to repeat the whole thing just to confirm it again.
  • Ahkatosh
    157 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stun not sticking has been happening for months.
    It isn't Leader/Unique or any ability that's causing this ALL the time.

Nothing has been addressed about this whatsoever from Dev team & has been simply ignored & swept under the carpet.

• Options
    I've had it happen once or twice, but it's very rare.
  • Options
    NahWillis wrote: »
    I've had it happen once or twice, but it's very rare.

That's pretty lucky.
    I frequently use either a full stun team or at least one or two in a squad.
    For me I've noticed Stun is constantly being shrugged off like it never mattered.
  • Options
    Has been happening to me in arena for months and was such a problem with my zader lead that I never used stun in opening moves cause chance the other team would show stun animation, and then instantly gain more TM and attack me.

I ditched zader like most have been doing lately on my shard for palp again and problem hasn't shown itself yet.