Kylo Ren's ship...not impressed

So I went ahead and bought the ship pack and I gotta say, while the ship can do a lot of different things (due to it having 3 pilots), it's not that powerful.

I have all 3 at level 85 and at least Gear 8 and the ship is my 8th most powerful ship, so it never sees a roster spot in Fleet Arena, and I can tell you my fleet isn't all great or anything. I struggle to stay around 600 in Fleet Arena.

I would think having 3 pilot would increase the overall power pretty easily but it doesn't.

Unless I'm using it wrong. Any suggestions?
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Are you pairing it with FOTF and either Endurance or Plo Koon's ship? FOTF gets turn meter whenever the command shuttle is damaged, and Plo Koon and Endurance can both place a taunt on the command shuttle. FOTF is the biggest damage dealer in fleet.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Are you pairing it with FOTF and either Endurance or Plo Koon's ship? FOTF gets turn meter whenever the command shuttle is damaged, and Plo Koon and Endurance can both place a taunt on the command shuttle. FOTF is the biggest damage dealer in fleet.

Off Topic: Just wondering (as I have FOTF), should you bother using the Strafe attack he has?

I find majority of the time that, as long as I land 2 hits, I will deal just as much, if not more, than how much Strafe does. On top of that, you also can target lock with the basic.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Athusk wrote: »

Off Topic: Just wondering (as I have FOTF), should you bother using the Strafe attack he has?

I find majority of the time that, as long as I land 2 hits, I will deal just as much, if not more, than how much Strafe does. On top of that, you also can target lock with the basic.

I always use strafe when there's a target lock present. While true the basic can potentially do more top damage, strafe has the better chance to do more damage.
  • Options
    Another question is why would you upgrade surprise raid?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options

I'm currently working on starring and leveling FO Tie Pilot and his ship. So right now, no, he's not part of my fleet either.

But still, the ship's overall power is suspect at best.
  • Options
    Under a Mace command he is exceptional; add Plo Koon and he becomes better. With FOTP the enemy will barely be able to take a turn. It's also fun to reduce Fett's cooldown on 2nd turn so he can go nuclear with the seismic charge early on. There are a lot of options...as long as you can keep him alive.
  • Options
    Athusk wrote: »

I never use strife because I run bistan u wing also so I want as many target locks as possible to feed my team turn meter.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    Under a Mace command he is exceptional; add Plo Koon and he becomes better. With FOTP the enemy will barely be able to take a turn. It's also fun to reduce Fett's cooldown on 2nd turn so he can go nuclear with the seismic charge early on. There are a lot of options...as long as you can keep him alive.

I do have a 5 star SIave 1 and Maul's ship.

So you're suggesting I put the ship (Ren's) in even though its power is less than my other ships?
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

I do have a 5 star SIave 1 and Maul's ship.

So you're suggesting I put the ship (Ren's) in even though its power is less than my other ships?
    If it fits with the strategy, yeah. I do find I have been much more successful on offense with the shuttle, but drop way harder on defense with him in the lineup. The turn-meter control is much needed on offense.
    That said, I'm sacrificing two target-lock ships to run Ren and Plo. Biggs is a necessity, so that leaves me with Vader and either TFP or FOTP, and a very squishy-looking squad...which makes me a target on defense.

I mostly ignore ship power altogether, except when assessing a match, the ship power can be a good indication of what their reinforcements may look like.

• Options
    Hmmm...well, if I had Vader's ship I wouldn't be having any problems. lol! My vader is at Gear X at level 85 and 7 star.

But maybe I'll mess around with Ren's ship some more and see how it goes.

I still think it should have an overall power score much higher than what it is.
  • Options
    Quick question: I know stars and level and gear help out the ship, but do mods increase ship power?
  • Options
    Quick question: I know stars and level and gear help out the ship, but do mods increase ship power?
    The level and rank of the mod is all that matters. So a 5* lvl 15 mod in every slot will indeed help the ship power.
  • Options
    The level and rank of the mod is all that matters. So a 5* lvl 15 mod in every slot will indeed help the ship power.

Ah, cool. I didn't know that. My Ren and Phasma and FOST aren't modded. Lol! Perhaps that's my problem.
  • Options
    the ships "power" rating doesn't mean anything. It's really just a "rough estimate" of how strong something is.