Can Nihilus Drain Force be resisted?

Any idea? I still have to see one getting resisted. And a shard mate told me it just went thru tenacity up.

Replies

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I've only seen it dodged (resisted) under foresight. Otherwise, I don't think so but I may be wrong.

I did enjoy using annhiliate on a crazy buffed GK with foresight only to kill him in one fell swoop.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    I've only seen it dodged (resisted) under foresight. Otherwise, I don't think so but I may be wrong.

I did enjoy using annhiliate on a crazy buffed GK with foresight only to kill him in one fell swoop.

Yeah same here, only if opponent have foresight.
  • Options
    So tenacity up doesn't resist it? I'm sure I saw a vid and s guy used it on a a team with tenacity up and the 'annihilate cooldown reduced' message didn't show up. So that means it can be resisted?

I dunno

./Tiny Rick
  • Options
    It can definitely be resisted with Tenacity up. I've had cases of both. Sometimes it's resisted with Tenacity up and sometimes it's not.
  • Options
    There's a 50% chance for it to work. Says so in the ability description
  • Options
    so need for +potency?
  • Options
    There's a 50% chance for it to work. Says so in the ability description

the 50% chance to work has nothing to do with it being resisted.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    There is two ways to "resist". 1. you dodge the attack 2. you win the coin flip when you are not debuffed

I have not had a case where a debuffed toon resisted unless it dodged, on toons with no debuffs it seems to pretty accurate to the 50% described in the ability. So it seems potency is not needed for the cooldown increase
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    There is two ways to "resist". 1. you dodge the attack 2. you win the coin flip when you are not debuffed

I have not had a case where a debuffed toon resisted unless it dodged, on toons with no debuffs it seems to pretty accurate to the 50% described in the ability. So it seems potency is not needed for the cooldown increase

Can it get through Tenacity Up then? Like if I was able to debuff a team a bit before Yoda spread tenacity up or something, would I still be able to increase cooldowns 100% of the time as long as they don't dodge?
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Can it get through Tenacity Up then? Like if I was able to debuff a team a bit before Yoda spread tenacity up or something, would I still be able to increase cooldowns 100% of the time as long as they don't dodge?

I am not sure on that have not paid close enough attention but I thought as some point I used it after a Chirrut gave someone ten up and it still worked. But that could also be my mind tricking me. Would have to watch out for it or check out some videos
  • Options
    It goes through tenacity up. Can't be resisted as technically, it isn't classed as a debuff. Obviously if the attack is dodged, the 50% chance to proc can't happen.
  • Options
    It goes through tenacity up. Can't be resisted as technically, it isn't classed as a debuff. Obviously if the attack is dodged, the 50% chance to proc can't happen.

Yep just watched one of Mike Hunt's videos to make sure.

https://youtu.be/VzkYJlhooMI

Check GK at 0:48
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »

Yep just watched one of Mike Hunt's videos to make sure.

https://youtu.be/VzkYJlhooMI

Check GK at 0:48

Oh nice. Also after watching the video from 1:57 to 2:30 Cooldown reduction applies before damage.

1:57 shows Annihilate at 5 cooldown. So without anything happened his next turn it would be at 4. He uses Drain Force and it shows that Boba and Baze's cooldowns were increased and it kills Jyn (who was debuffed). If it had only done the 2 cooldowns (One for boba and one for baze), the next turn Annihilate would be at 2. But at 2:30, Nihilus's next turn it shows Annihilate at a cooldown of 1, so it must've also increased Jyn's cooldowns before killing her. Just thought I'd mention that.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Oh nice. Also after watching the video from 1:57 to 2:30 Cooldown reduction applies before damage.

1:57 shows Annihilate at 5 cooldown. So without anything happened his next turn it would be at 4. He uses Drain Force and it shows that Boba and Baze's cooldowns were increased and it kills Jyn (who was debuffed). If it had only done the 2 cooldowns (One for boba and one for baze), the next turn Annihilate would be at 2. But at 2:30, Nihilus's next turn it shows Annihilate at a cooldown of 1, so it must've also increased Jyn's cooldowns before killing her. Just thought I'd mention that.

Interesting observation, I never realised that when playing