Top 5 biggest character busts

Stodie
45 posts Member
edited February 2017
This list is for characters that had some type of hype, but have fallen flat or lackluster. This is not meant for bad characters that have always been bad (CUP for example). More designed for new releases, characters that get moved to F2P, etc. Feel free to comment on mine or include your own, this is just for fun.

5.) Old Ben - Was a dominant character early release of the game. Whales that had him could easily dominate other teams. After he went f2p, many players greedily spent their cantina energy to 7 star this iconic figure; but his dominance quickly evaporated as his slow speed and weak damage quickly got outclassed

4.) General Grievous - A lot of hype on this guy; plus one of the more iconic enemies of the Clone Wars era. Showcased a lot of abilities; and took deep pockets to acquire early. Unfortunately, something never was quite right with this character as it was difficult to find a good lineup to fit him in. Combination of weak damage, cleanses and being slow made it an easy decision for many players to put him back on the bench.

3.) Zam Wesell - Another character that on paper seemed to have a lot of upside. Unfortunately, she suffered from IBTD syndrome; formally known as Irrelevant By Thermal Detonator syndrome; a sickness other characters have unable to find a cure for as the setup time and benefits of the detonators were evaporated by the quick trigger fingers of Biggs & Wedge. She is on 8 teams on current meta report.

2.) Bistan - This guy just never really had a chance to shine. Another paper tiger that is available only for whales; it's hard to get motivated to spend on him. Only 2 players currently using him on the rank 1 meta report.

1.) Gamorrean Guard - The second GG on our list was another release with a big hook to catch whales; this ugly pig never found any synergy, speed or useful abilities to be anything that other tanks weren't doing better. On the current rank 1 meta report, not a single player has him on a squad.

Replies

• Options
    I thought Gamorrean Guard was going to be a beast with his taunt and counter attack. I was wrong.
  • Options
    No to zam. Zam on a proper bh team can hold top 5

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Zam isn't half bad in my opinion, her thermal detonators give a pretty noticeable speed boost to bounty hunters
  • Options
    Old ben was a meta leader for quite some time after he became FTP because his leader ability granted dodge % and TM on dodge which was what people were hyped for anyway.

Zam also works well on BH squads under Boba.

Grevious should be #1 disappointment though
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Krennic is probably #1; he costs $1000 but is slow, squishy, and outclassed by F2P toons.

Otherwise in no particular order: Grievous, Ugnaught, Cody pre-zeta, Geo Spy, and SRP
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Krennic is probably #1; he costs $1000 but is slow, squishy, and outclassed by F2P toons.

Otherwise in no particular order: Grievous, Ugnaught, Cody pre-zeta, Geo Spy, and SRP

ugnaught wasnt exactly hyped up
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    General grievous, he was my favorite in the clone wars but bad in the game. If he gets a rework i might farm him
  • Options

How is GSpy and SRP bad? GSpy is one of the hardest hitting characters in the game and SRP has very high health who also keeps on reviving.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bistan doesn't quite fit in to the parameters of your thread title--as you yourself indicate, it's not so much that he was, or is, a bust, as that he hasn't really been farmed and played much. Plus, he's certainly not "only for whales," since he's available FTP in Fleet Shipments. He may yet come into his own ...
  • Options
    Old Ben was the meta for a long time, even after he was FTP. So I wouldnt say he was a bust at all.
  • Options
    Grievous is not bad in a droid team. Hard to choose him over B2 if you're trying to do FTP and, but modded right, and don't use his third skill, he's a beast in PVE.

Looks like this was written mainly from a "not for arena" list. Bistan is another that can be amazing in PVE. Old Ben is a favorite of many to get through 9B hard node.

The arena is not the only part of the game.
  • Vigilante
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry but F2P "greedily" picked him up through cantina? How does that even make sense when it follows a statement pertaining to people throwing money at the game for Old Ben? I'm not knocking whales, dolphins or sea cucumbers, just don't get why the F2P way was positioned as the greedy way of achieving him. Am I going to get the greed is good speech now?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

How is GSpy and SRP bad? GSpy is one of the hardest hitting characters in the game and SRP has very high health who also keeps on reviving.

Do you use either of them for any mode? They were hyped on release and ended up being mediocre/useless at everything.
  • Options
    Mace
  • Options
    Zam isn't bad, have her in my arena team and I finish around 20-25 daily.
  • Options
    Old Ben got his fix AFTER he was already FTP so he really only started shining when he was available to the grand public. Still was imo the most annoying meta as it was the one that had me move away from my beloved clones.

Bistan is available in fleet shipments so not really whale bait only. And how you think Gam Guard was "a big hook to catch whales" is unclear to me, he was released in guild shipments only, a place where he was accessible to everyone and only came to chromiums very late (even I who 7* all other guild shop toons before had him 7* by that time).

I concur with the opinions on GSpy, he got a big hype but was a monster bust up until the recent Chaze meta where he could start doing what people wanted him to do. Cody before his Zeta was also underwhelming at best but the Zeta got him out of bust town.

Grevious for his price and the tease we got was a big bust also. He was able to shine in some specific builds but it was Jawa engineer who really made droids viable in arena again and certainly not him.
  • Options

Do you use either of them for any mode? They were hyped on release and ended up being mediocre/useless at everything.

Thugnaught L, gspy, srp, gam guard, talia

The goon squad 2.0
  • Options

I used srp for awhile. He's been outclassed recently but he was really good at destroying droid and wiggs teams back in the day with his offense down and constant revives.
  • Options
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned Lobot. The biggest glaring problem is he as no synergy with Lando or the Ugnaught to make him relevant. Am I missing something? A Bespin team could be so cool.
  • Options
    Actually gam guard is a good replacement for ppl who dont want to farm shaman
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Bistan doesn't quite fit in to the parameters of your thread title--as you yourself indicate, it's not so much that he was, or is, a bust, as that he hasn't really been farmed and played much. Plus, he's certainly not "only for whales," since he's available FTP in Fleet Shipments. He may yet come into his own ...

Agree completely brotha! I use Bistan to great effect. Though ill be the first to point out his health issues, He adds a TON of options to Rebel-heavy teams. He needs to be w/ Leia & AA. He def needs to be w/ Lando and a tank w/ good synergies, but Ive had more luck using him w/ two tanks. This makes a big difference against the B2/SunFac-ish style teams who easily debuff enemies(which let's face it, kinda sucks).