I think they increased the difficulty of 'places of power'

Last night I breezed through this event with no problem. Today, I won but barely.

Wave 8 was crazy Yoda. I am guessing his effective speed was set at around 1000. It was down to Yoda and I still had Vader, Palpatine, Maul and Sidious.

Vader attacks, Yoda attacks 5 times in a row.
Maul attacks, Yoda attacks 5 times in a row.
Sidious attacks, Yoda attacks 5 times in a row......

Usually Yoda ends his attacks with forsight, so my attack does nothing.

It took me about 20 minutes to beat this guy!

Replies

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Funny. First time through it ended my weakly modded Maul and EP vs Yoda and it took him about 5 minutes but Yoda killed them both.
    Squeaked by on 2nd run.

Today breezed through non-issue.
  • Options
    Today I had a full auto 5 minute battle 5v1 against yoda. That guy just kept attacking until I won
  • Options
    Yesterday I had maul vs yoda in auto and it went for a good 15 minutes. I really don't even know how it finally ended. Must've got really lucky with multiple evasions in a row. But even then yoda still gets foresight so I'm not sure how I won it.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, i just opened up the forums to see if anyone had started a thread about this. I think i might have just gotten REALLY lucky with RNG the first time because ive been getting slaughtered the second time.

The first time i used palp lead and did fine, but this time, he barely gets me to the last battle. So i switched to (non zeta) maul lead. But now, even if im lucky enough to start battle 8 with palpatine, the jedi have too much evasion and tenacity for EP's stun to stick.

Im not saying its too hard (i still enjoy the event and think its the best we've had in a while), but i've been doing the bonus tier over and over and still can't pull off a win. I get REALLY close (often its just yoda and maul 1 on 1) but cant quite get it.
  • Options
    Nihilus comes in very handy in this event, if you can put him behind a tank or 2 to keep him alive he doesn't need to be geared to the max, load up his annihilate and use it on yoda, it does go through his foresight as well.
  • Options
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    Yesterday I had maul vs yoda in auto and it went for a good 15 minutes. I really don't even know how it finally ended. Must've got really lucky with multiple evasions in a row. But even then yoda still gets foresight so I'm not sure how I won it.

Eventually Yoda uses his two specials to spread tenacity up/health up and the unstoppable force. If he uses those two in a row he won't have Foresight. Also, I just annihilated Yoda today with Nihilus so it went even faster than yesterday :)
  • Options
    Seriously I breezed through bonus last night and now I can't even kill off 1 Jedi at phase 8
  • Options
    M3xY_w33zY wrote: »
    Seriously I breezed through bonus last night and now I can't even kill off 1 Jedi at phase 8

It really depends on how much TM you have banked on your characters when you start phase 8. If some of them are near 80-100% TM you'll probably just run right through them, but if most of them are under 50% they'll attack a lot.
  • Options
    I'm surprised sith is having an issue since they are anti-jedi
    I used a zeta phasma FO team, not sure how bonus tier went down cuz I put on auto and put down my phone, picked it up later when I saw reward screen
  • Options
    I'm surprised sith is having an issue since they are anti-jedi
    I used a zeta phasma FO team, not sure how bonus tier went down cuz I put on auto and put down my phone, picked it up later when I saw reward screen

It's not that bad, although I think a lot of people have most of their sith under geared and are just relying on their anti-jedi abilities. Also the sith are fairly slow and have less TM gain/manipulation than the newly reworked FO team does. They have individual TM gain, but none that's synergy based. And they have fairly low speeds in general other than Sid and Dooku. If yoda spreads tenacity up right away before you can land debuffs I can see how the last phase might start off rather difficult, but I had Sid, Vader and my 3* g8 nihilus go before Yoda in the last phase and made things very easy. (GK was taunting when Nihilus went so I used the cooldown increase), then Maul went and took out half of them and it was really quite easy. Also I was using a Sidious lead to stack offense throughout the 8 phases (Maul crits all the time and was getting 4-5 crits per phase at least which lead to a veryyyyy big offense increase heh
  • Options
    It all depends on turn meter when you hit stage 8. If Yoda gets his battle meditation off you aren't going to be able to land debuffs, and it gets rather tricky. If you can get Nihilus geared up a bit(mine was gear 7 level 72 and level 7 lead), then the answer is to hit stage 8 with his second annihilate ready to go and then smack Yoda down. Once The superfast Yoda stops buffing the whole team with tenacity and foresight the rest of them fall apart pretty quickly.

For anyone interested, it is possible to beat the bonus tier using the above mentioned Nihilus as lead, Vader, Dooku, and Maul at gear 8 no omegas, and EP at gear 10 with all omegas. You can use one annihilate on stage 4 or 6 to give Nihilus a solid amount of health, and then get another ready to take out Yoda on stage 8, at which point he should have so much health he could solo all the remaining enemies.
  • Options
    I actually found the 1st day much harder than today, but that's probably because yesterday I was figuring out how to win and today I just won.
  • Options
    For me it was easier.
    Yesterday I tried Palpy lead, and it was quite hard, but with Zader Yoda is sooooo easy. All you have to do is just place 2 dots on Yoda, and he will kill himself with his unstoppable turns XD
  • Options
    I haven't been able to beat tier one.
  • Options
    I solo the thing with just my maul to see if its possible. It was, so i really doubt the difficulty went up.
  • GalacticChore
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    3 manned Tier 1 with G7 3* Nihilus(L), G9 6* EP and G9 5* Vader. Technically I also had 2 level 1s to make up the numbers but they got aoe'd in first turn.

Used at least 4 annihilates meaning Nihilus was quite the tank by the end :smiley:
  • Options
    Auto'd the whole event.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Rng is playing way too much into the game lately and this event is no different. There is no excuse for a game design like this where depending on rng, and ONLY rng, you either win easily or lose terribly based on it.

Arena is the same now too. Good example is boba; does he proc ability block on rex for two turns and also others like chaze and GK in opening move? If not you lost. If so, you won with full protection. Yesterday I played and ability blocked entire team then next battle vs same team (we went back and forth trading places) ability block doesn't proc on primary target at all and only one toon gets the debuff. It's so unfun :neutral:
  • Options
    I 3*"ed the bonus tier today
    Nothing has changed from yesterday
  • Options
    It's rng man!!
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Rng is playing way too much into the game lately and this event is no different. There is no excuse for a game design like this where depending on rng, and ONLY rng, you either win easily or lose terribly based on it.

Arena is the same now too. Good example is boba; does he proc ability block on rex for two turns and also others like chaze and GK in opening move? If not you lost. If so, you won with full protection. Yesterday I played and ability blocked entire team then next battle vs same team (we went back and forth trading places) ability block doesn't proc on primary target at all and only one toon gets the debuff. It's so unfun :neutral:

Generally speaking, the only thing you can do about this element is use characters that rely less on RNG. QGJ zeta, you know Jedi will start with foresight. Rex and Yoda, unless buff immunitied, you know they'll give tenacity up. When it comes to sith and the dark side in general you usually don't know what the heck they'll proc.

On topic, I autoed places of power today and barely lost protection. Didn't notice an increase in difficulty.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    M3xY_w33zY wrote: »

It really depends on how much TM you have banked on your characters when you start phase 8. If some of them are near 80-100% TM you'll probably just run right through them, but if most of them are under 50% they'll attack a lot.

Pretty much this. If they went first then I had a very tough time since Yoda would just give everyone tenacity If Vader was able to get Force Crush in first, and Palpatine could stun everyone then I had a much easier time. Yoda on his own was able to defeat 3 of my characters on a few occasions. Vader was hitting his basic pretty hard through foresight and has ability block so I found this very useful. Once I got Vader to T11 it became much easier.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    Options
    wow I didnt know we can play this for second time without crystal investment :)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I tend to agree. Today felt much tougher. I found annihilating Yoda asap is the best move.