what team do you run, and what are you most afraid of seeing?

Prev1
Just curious about what everyone defines as "meta". as a dolphin-whale I see no threat in Empire unless my Jyn fails to steal TFP's TM and thus palp and Vader get me on tyons of DoTs and stun-locked, and TFp goes with his aoe. Rebels is easier, as I haven't seen Chaze in forever, and my shard is usually zaul lead.

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I run Rex lead, gk (5*), baze (4*), nihilus (3*), boba (November 2015 shard) and I'm afraid of nothing. The team can take down rebels (with or without chaze), empire, zaul, scoundrels, qgj Zeta and all the other teams at the top of my shard.
  • Options
    I run Rex lead, gk (5*), baze (4*), nihilus (3*), boba (November 2015 shard) and I'm afraid of nothing. The team can take down rebels (with or without chaze), empire, zaul, scoundrels, qgj Zeta and all the other teams at the top of my shard.

@Dooku_for_days I am tempted by something similar. Currently doing the old counter team of Rex (L), aayla, jka, boba, sun fac but I will unlock and g11 GK this week. How do you mod Rex and GK?
  • Options
    I run a stun team and I fear teams of the same makeup.
    Time runs out without a winner.
  • Options

What speed you go on them? I'm assuming high levels
  • Options

@Dooku_for_days I am tempted by something similar. Currently doing the old counter team of Rex (L), aayla, jka, boba, sun fac but I will unlock and g11 GK this week. How do you mod Rex and GK?
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

What speed you go on them? I'm assuming high levels
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/
    You don't need crazy speed because of Rex lead.
  • Options
    I run EP(l), Vader, Zylo, B2 and Boba/Nihilus. I haven't really found a team that I'm afraid of although a Chaze team with Rex lead and another taunter can certainly cause frustration to the point of running out of time if RNG goes against me.
  • Options
    I run zader TFP DT EP and ShT. I hate the GK zarris chaze zylo comp. I love to fight Rex squads.
  • Options
    I run Rex, SF, Zoba, and wiggs. I've been able to snipe 1st place against zadar, zaul, chaze, gk, for a while now... I guess zaul is probably the hardest for me.

I'm currently trying to replace wiggs(cause they're boring), and although I was able to still beat zaul/zadar by swapping them for k2 and fives, I would drop too much on defense.

My vision is to replace wiggs with tfp and zeta'd fotp for foresight annoyance... or fotp and Kylo, and eventually switch to a phasma lead. Who knows?
  • Options
    I run Droids, zeta phasma lead or wiggs are my weakness. Phasmas new crit immunity just destroys me if b2 doesn't go before 88 and wiggs prevents me from using any AoE
  • Options
    Anyone with a 70k prot 40k health GK
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    I'm runnig jedi (aayla, lumi, ashoka, yoda and echo). Basically I'm scared of everyone cause it's a terrible team. The only teams I can defeat are other jedi and some random teams of chewie, lumi, jc, boba. Can't wait to get Ima gun di and qgj to 7 stars, then maybe it'll get better. JKA is on its way too
  • Options
    I just hit the 70's where I don't have a healer anymore on my arena team. Too new for Baze, Shore, Ep in arena yet, but I fear the Phasma lead teams. So many extra turns. Throw in a Dooku or RG and they might as well have EP as half my team is stunned every round. Been running two tanks(Sunfac and RG), but my hold on top 50 is fading fast.
  • Options

Is there a substitute for GK that would work? I don't have him yet.
  • Options
    I run Nihilus, Vader, Maul, TFP and Shore (until I get EP, then I'll make a swap). My only current fear is running out of time against a dual tank team.
  • Options
    dedstrk wrote: »

Is there a substitute for GK that would work? I don't have him yet.
    Chirrut would be your best option. You want the extra cleanse. If not, an auto taunt (RG for example) may work.
  • Options
    I'm just a mes because i like getting every character.

But mine right now is empire/sith and i'm afraid of no one really because it mostly depends on RNG or speed. I can beat pretty much everyone. But i can say an insanely fast TFP really destroys me
  • Options
    Resistance (no zetas (yet)), biggest fear. Palp lead, vader, tie, shore, other. Arena or GW these teams are a pain to deal with
  • Options

From day one, I set myself the goal of putting together an all-female squad and I've succeeded. I can presently assemble and all-girl squad for every game mode accept Dark Side. I have Aayla Secura as the leader, but then I've got a few other girls including...
    -Princess Leia
    -Resistance Pilot
    -Ahsoka Tano
    -Luminara Unduli
    -Talia
    Captain phasma

I'm also working on getting shards for Rey, but that's taking a while.
  • Options
    Zader palpatine Boba shore TFP.
    Afraid of superfast Rex+Boba !
    This game is all about speed, not toons ! Almost any comp can beat any comp with high speed mods
    !
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Running Zader TFP EP GK Boba and double or triple cleanse teams are pretty hard to fight, especially when they tenacity up toons like Rex or Chirrut.

About to switch to Zaul Nihilus EP GK +1 in a few days though.
  • Options
    I run JKA, Rex, Ayala, QGJ and ST Han. Droids are a problem due to Rex's low health but I manage to hover around the 100s on my shard.
  • Options
    The only team I'm afraid of is a team with Nihilus as the leader and with a Barriss zeta. As far as I'm concerned, that's scary unbeatable
  • Options
    My profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/juleslightbringer/

My arena team consist of Luminara (lead), kylo Ren, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious and Old Daka. I do OK but not great. I just recently started playing again after not playing for almost a year and then some. I'm in one of those arena shards that have been around since the beginning.

I steer clear of most Biggs/Wedge teams and well modded Barriss teams
  • Options
    I run droids (HK[L], 86, B2, Nebit, JE).

Wiggs is annoying cause I can't auto the battle and win (but I can usually win manually).

I fear any team with multiple counter attackers. Fives, high gear Dooku, IGD led jedi, and Biggs are my bane.

90% of the teams I fight are basic rebels/Wiggs, the rest are old meta (Lumi, GS, QGJ, RG, Rey, Leia, etc).
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I also run droids. High evasion teams are really annoying. I usually win but it's frustrating. Old school ben, lumi...
  • Options
    aus10 wrote: »
    The only team I'm afraid of is a team with Nihilus as the leader and with a Barriss zeta. As far as I'm concerned, that's scary unbeatable

The sith under Nihilus would get no benefit from the Barriss zeta, as they can't heal through any method other than health steal.

I rund Rex (L), Zoba, Palp, TFP, Shore. The only team on my shard that I can't beat with it is zQGJ (L), Yoda, GK, JKA, Zylo. Against that team, I have to switch to a Palp lead and B2 instead of Rex, but it's still 50/50 at best. Easier generally to fight around them.
  • Options
    I run an all Jedi team. Qui-gon lead with Ahsoka, Yoda, Aayla, and Barriss. I'm looking forward to being able to swap out Yoda for Anakin once I unlock Anakin's neutral battle and can get him to 7 stars (3 more levels!).

I really only struggle with the really powerful rebel teams. Biggs/Wedge, Lando, and ST Han, usually with a Boba Fett thrown in. I can handle one or two of those, but I can't handle all four of those together yet. Baze/Chirrut also worry me, though I avoid them since they seem even scarier than ST Han. I'm really looking forward to getting Zetas so I can handle the crit-based teams with Zeta Barriss, and Qui-gon's zeta leadership will probably be my lead until someday far in the future when I can finally get General Kenobi.

Nihilus-lead Sith teams aren't actually that scary (though I have yet to fight a Maul under Nihilus). The lack of crit slows their teams down to the point where I can usually manage just fine despite their anti-jedi skills, though I'll probably keep Yoda for those battles.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I use droids. Yea.
    Post edited by Ig88isboss on
  • Shooting4life
    211 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I run

Zader
    Ep
    Zoba
    GK
    Shore

I fear no one. Will swap in 268 speed tfp against other Vader teams from time to time. I have a 175k of health and protection between shore and GK so it takes awhile to get through them while your ability blocked, stunned and losing tm. My general plan is having zoba the fastest to ability block the cleanser or b2 for two turns. Then control the rest of the match.

Even a zqgj lead Jedi team with a super fast yoda to tenacity up before my first move is no problem.

This is on a nov 15 server.
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Factionless LineUps with some synergy - that's for me. I try to avoid already-proven line ups, as to everyone will just "look" the same.

I dont really like seeing Baze and Chirrut together on the opposing team.