Top 10 PVP player; How to fix PVP

There should be a penalty for using a Light and Dark characters in the same Squad.

Suggestion: Longer cooldowns.

I pride myself on not following the meta. My newest team is zeta-Finn resistance team. In the top 10. I am only Finn lead in the top 100.

Replies

• Options
    The best squads tend to be those with synergy. When you mix light and dark side, with the exception of a few characters, generally the synergy is mostly loss. I don't know why you would penalize a team further.
  • Options
    Better way...check out D.C. Legends PVP and copy it...
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    "Let's penalize players for using character synergies as they were intended"
  • Options
    Yes! I think there should be a faction bonus
  • Options
    I don't agree with you guys at all. I currently use Finn zeta, Poe, Rp , RT, Boba. There should be a penalty for me using Boba. Now if I switched him out with Yoda no penalty. This might stop empire teams using blaze for example. The penalty should be such that you need to think if positive outweighs the negative.

Even card games like magic the gathering you can't have a deck of every possible color
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Helekil wrote: »

Even card games like magic the gathering you can't have a deck of every possible color

Wrong. I built a deck based on all 6 colors. Had an artifact that for 2 of every energy color tap and your target opponent loses.

Annnnddddd.... There are plenty of occasions where LS and DS characters had to work together...
  • Helekil
    44 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Didn't say you couldn't build a deck like that. And don't tell me that deck is a top 10 deck because it's not. Well maybe I did say that but that deck is a fun deck not a tournament deck

lS and DS I am sure worked together but then again at what price. I doubt the outcome was not favorable for one side. But like I said one side determined the price was worth working together.
  • Options
    I get what you're driving at, but there are already some "penalties" in place if you don't use good synergies, especially with leader abilities. A single clone, even Rex, isn't much of a threat on their own. A full team of clones, though, is much more effective because of that synergy. Sith have awesome synergy, too. So if you tried to use, say, Wedge in a Sith team, he's not getting those synergy bonuses...so, he's sort of penalized.

Now, that said, I'd be all for a new game mode that pits light side vs. dark side, with no mixing. Kind of like what they do with the Omega events, but an ongoing thing with a different match up every day, letting you pick which side to play. So, on one day, they might do Jedi vs. Bounty Hunters, and you pick which side to play and pick your squad. On another day, maybe Sith vs. Droids, or Jawa vs. Clones, etc. Could be fun.
  • Options
    The whole point of this game is that you get to mix and match and make your team however you want with a huge amount of flexibility. The devs even stated in an interview that being able to have toons that wouldn't be seen together in lore fight together was part of the allure of the game, and I agree. I like having faction bonuses, but saying there is a penalty for the mix and match approach is way overkill to me. Plus, how do you know whether some toons really are light side or dark side based on lore? Revan is the popular example here, but you can make the same argument about people that work with all factions or don't have a direct attachment, like Kaminoans for example.
  • Options
    You can still use them for example if I use darthvader on resistance team and get a plus one on cool downs finns zeta would counter it. Not saying you can't mix teams. Or we can continue and the same 30 teams in pvp I am the only person using Finn in the top 20 I can't beat the top 1 team. He uses mixture of light and dark, I could beat him if I switched to the same team but that play style is boring to me.
  • Options
    You could have heros who are neutral. Play on lS or ds. Have neutral status would give flexibility but tool set might be limited?
  • Options
    This is just a new idea to add complexity to the game. It will not "fix" pvp, just give them more to think about when balancing.
  • Options
    I disagree give them less to think about. Right now they got balance all the heroes, if they know most people wont mix LS and DS heroes, might be less to balance.

Not saying to go this far, but Magic the Gathering has "banned" cards.

• Options
    Helekil is captain America on your shard? We have a discord channel if your interested in joining?