best Idea Ever? new Tournament and Global #1 player.

What if u could use your whole roster to make your own GW mission other players had to fight against? (this rewards a deep collection).

Then u fight 1v1 against someone else's personal GW and they fight Vs you. 24 hours whoever kills the most guys wins. If u both kill whole roster then whoever took less damage wins.

1024 players per tournament. 10 days long. 1v1 like ncaa March madness win and move on lose and your done. Everyday a new opponent if u win otherwise wait until next week.

U get league rank points for how far u progress and to keep leagues balanced.

Each player forms a GW roster of their own toons.

Plus this establishes a true #1 player based on how good his whole roster is in the top league, this gives people something to accomplish beyond arena shards and raid scores.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just saw a similar idea about and all in bracket style event.

Unfortunately the real name would need to be :
    Who is the krakenyist kraken of krakensville.
  • Options
    That reminds me of another game I used to play that Galaxy of Heroes is partially based on (or maybe not). They had the standard Team vs Team Arena, but then something called Grand Arena where you would have 3 squads to battle and would have to win 2/3 matches to win.

But your idea scares the Bantha poodoo out of me. I also don't think most players have enough characters to fill up 12 nodes.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Just saw a similar idea about and all in bracket style event.

SkyKrak hands down.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

• Options
    Cheaters would win.
  • Options
    packman767 wrote: »
    That reminds me of another game I used to play that Galaxy of Heroes is partially based on (or maybe not). They had the standard Team vs Team Arena, but then something called Grand Arena where you would have 3 squads to battle and would have to win 2/3 matches to win.

But your idea scares the Bantha poodoo out of me. I also don't think most players have enough characters to fill up 12 nodes.

That's the idea If players can't fill up all 12 nodes the fill what they can... so guys with 10 characters would only have 2 nodes on their GW (to beat him) however guys with 100 toons has 10 nodes on his GW (to beat him)

also the 1v1 and damage taken tracker would highlight cheaters (underpowered teams winning taking 0 damage)
  • Options
    I like the idea, but in the end would not have like 60 toons and probably 90% of the teams would be identical?
  • Options
    Players would put best teams first then if u can kill their best team even if it takes you 2 full teams or 2 toons. After can u beat their b team with what's left of your roster/ A team and so on... A top heavy player may beat another deeper players A team but can't get past his teams 2 and 3 and 4 so this tournament would reward roster depth plus reward stomp secondary teams which were the main goals of tournaments
  • Options
    I like this idea. It should only be 6 nodes though. Everybody will load up node 1 with their arena teams and go on from there.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    I like the idea, but in the end would not have like 60 toons and probably 90% of the teams would be identical?

First battle yes similar to arena best 5 meta.

but after that team 2 team 3 and so on will be different and so will your teams like if u lose tfp and shoretrooper on node 1 u have to adjust for node 2 and every team is hard so u will lose teams and adjust or just kill them off an advance. Your playing through people's whole rosters so I don't think it will be identical as collections do have great variance past top 5-10 toons..
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I like this idea. It should only be 6 nodes though. Everybody will load up node 1 with their arena teams and go on from there.

Maybe 6 for the lower tier players, but U need 12 nodes for the whales Vs whales top level tournaments they have 120 max toons to fight through and this would determine the global #1 top place in top tournament. I could fill 10 teams easily
  • Options
    Some Ideas:

Grand Arena.
    Best 3 squads vs Best 3 squads.

Low Level Arena
    An arena that caps out at level 30, 40 or 50 characters.

Ships Campaign (or Galactic War)
    This is probably redundant.

1:1 Duels
    One character vs One character. (This is Star Wars, after all).

Guild Wars
    Have one guild battle another guild in a special arena event. Guilds are matched randomly. Matches last 3 days. Each player can attack a player on either their own or another guild.

But I also like your idea of a personalized Galactic War where you have to beat someone's entire roster. That is just awesome.
  • Options
    Are there people with 5 toons x 12 nodes = 60 viable toons? More like whales. Maybe you can call it whale wars =D

• Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    Are there people with 5 toons x 12 nodes = 60 viable toons? More like whales. Maybe you can call it whale wars =D

There are but they don't have quality mods for all of them and a good Nihilus or zarris squad would just eat through them and keep healing. That's why 6 nodes is more appropriate
  • Options
    No thanks
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    This seems like it would be hideously complex, both in terms of programming and in how much work the players would have to do. And then all the good players would beat all ten opponents with a single team because real people have such a big advantage over the AI. I know I routinely beat GWs that are at least four times tougher than my entire roster using only six toons.

I feel that a much better idea would be a world raid. The first one would be super easy too, just spend three days throwing your entire roster once per day at stages two, three, and four of a Heroic Rancor with unlimited health, TMR immunity, and no escape possibility. The more damage you do the better tier of rewards you would get. Allow each toon to be refreshed once or twice for 50 crystals to give EA something out of it and put a global leaderboard up so the krakens would finally be able to go for ultimate bragging rights.
  • Options
    There are your winners, don't really need a tournament.
    https://swgoh.gg/sync/leaderboard/collection/?page=1
  • Options
    DrewR wrote: »

SkyKraks mods make me want to puke.
  • Options
    Good idea, but they'd have to reset tm every round. It would be too easy to win.
  • Options
    To make this fair.. The gw shouldnt have mods .. Just because they have pure synergy then
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    DrewR wrote: »

SkyKraks mods make me want to puke.

https://swgoh.gg/u/skykräk/mods/?stat2=5

Just... Woah.
  • Options
    I like this idea, but I think the person attacking you should only be able to use each of their toons once as well. It should probably ordered in reverse power order as well otherwise you may just get stuck at the first match.
  • Options
    packman767 wrote: »
    Some Ideas:

Grand Arena.
    Best 3 squads vs Best 3 squads.

Low Level Arena
    An arena that caps out at level 30, 40 or 50 characters.

Ships Campaign (or Galactic War)
    This is probably redundant.

1:1 Duels
    One character vs One character. (This is Star Wars, after all).

Guild Wars
    Have one guild battle another guild in a special arena event. Guilds are matched randomly. Matches last 3 days. Each player can attack a player on either their own or another guild.

But I also like your idea of a personalized Galactic War where you have to beat someone's entire roster. That is just awesome.

1v1? Are you serious lol? Just get some toon that stuns/blocks and you win.
  • Options
    This seems like it would be hideously complex, both in terms of programming and in how much work the players would have to do. And then all the good players would beat all ten opponents with a single team because real people have such a big advantage over the AI. I know I routinely beat GWs that are at least four times tougher than my entire roster using only six toons.

I feel that a much better idea would be a world raid. The first one would be super easy too, just spend three days throwing your entire roster once per day at stages two, three, and four of a Heroic Rancor with unlimited health, TMR immunity, and no escape possibility. The more damage you do the better tier of rewards you would get. Allow each toon to be refreshed once or twice for 50 crystals to give EA something out of it and put a global leaderboard up so the krakens would finally be able to go for ultimate bragging rights.

The reason u beat GW is because your get TM advantage and your not fighting arena teams just random teams based on total health pool.

If I put up my top 4 arena teams all 45k plus power and fully modded for speed damage with synergy (not a gw node with nigthsisters and chuy) I guarantee u won't beat all 4 of them with your 1 team without losing a toon... Most likely you will lose 1-3 in each fight if u even win and u may lose after your Baze dies in the first or second match so then it's your B team Vs my B or C team (my B & C is still capable of getting #1 in arena) which is why this would be fun and challenging. Not only for the attacker but also for the defender.

Attacking a raid with unlimited life doesn't really prove your stronger or better or u have a deeper collection and it's the same thing every day and boring...

This game needs something challenging and new daily to do... It's getting boring tbh