Buff Immunity & on hit buffs on a target are proccing in the same hit

anonidude
703 posts Member
edited February 2017
I would have thought that when a toon inflicts buff immunity then this would be applied to the target before processing any on hit buffs.

If we look at b2's special 'mow down' it says:
deal physical damage & dispell all positive effects on them with a 65% chance to inflict buff immunity for 2 turns (applied before damage). This is the key phrase that the buff immunity is applied before damage.

So riddle me this: why does using b2's special on sith under a zMaul lead result in sith being stealthed and with buff immunity? So from my reading of the ability the following should happen in order

1 attack resolves as hit or evade - on evade go stealth
2 on hit apply dispell and resolve buff immunity
3 on hit resolve critical hit and apply physical damage

So if it misses then sith should go stealth and gain tm - all good. But if it didnt hit no buff immunity - again all good

If it hits it should dispell then resolve whether buff immunity will proc. So at this point we should see dispell all buffs and buff immunity on 65% of targets. Then resolve the crit hit proc where if crit the stealth buff cannot apply over buff immunity.

So unless i am missing something having buff immunity and stealth should be mutually exclusive after b2 does his special?

Same thing happens with Jka and i suppose others who can apply buff immunity.

So is this a bug or is it WAI

On a side note Emp Palpatines shock basic works the way i would have expected in that the shock prevents buffs being gained during the attack - either stealth or Savage Opress' on hit buffs.
| ANZGC | Exile |
Post edited by anonidude on

Replies

• Options
    Same results with Anakin's primary as well. Hit zeta Maul lead, apply buff immunity, and they stealth at the same time if it was a crit. (Against GG in P1 of the raid as well if it's the 7th or 10th hit depending on difficulty)

Dooku applying shock even works differently than Palp's. He'll shock Maul, and Maul will stealth with shock on him as well.

Even if people want to explain this away as WAI, B2's issue is undoubtedly a bug since it explicity states the buff immunity is applied before damage.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon has anyone been able to look into this? Thanks in advance.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    B2 and tfp are the only ones that apply buff immunity before damage.
    Jka, cassian, krennic, fotp all Inflict buff immunity after damage.
    Yet another inconsistency in the game.