25% chance soared up to 100%

0N49X
28 posts Member
edited February 2017
I thought it was 100% chance to assist. This Geonosian assisted and killed three of my ships in the first two turns and its damage was much higher than what the description says.
U7fyxYd.png

Replies

• Options
    25% does not mean it can't assist three time in a row. It's called statistics, you just experienced bad RNG, that's all.

Also, if primary attack was from a separatist, it's 50% chance assist, not 25. In addition to that there's ship that call assists, obviously.
  • Options
    + his dmg is reduced by this ability, but increased by AA ship ability (increases crit dmg)..
  • Options
    AI is way too much rigged
  • Options
    It wouldnt matter really. GS could have been on the bench and RNG would have been like, "its cool, just attack from the sidelines." Arena ship battles are always going to be skewed towards the computers favor. Its the only way they can stand a chance against a real player. If they had proper strategy, it would be a massive pain to do any battles going up against chess-masters.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Options
    Like ai tie fighter dodging all ya sht then yours just gets insta jibbed with 0 dodges cos that fair
  • Options
    Myerg99 wrote: »
    Like ai tie fighter dodging all ya sht then yours just gets insta jibbed with 0 dodges cos that fair

This... 100x this... Or worse their Biggs... a tank, dodges you 5x in a row. Cuz why not?
  • Options
    The only counter is to auto as well. I haven't won a battle in months manually, haven't even tried in the past 2 weeks.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Durango wrote: »
    25% does not mean it can't assist three time in a row. It's called statistics, you just experienced bad RNG, that's all.

Also, if primary attack was from a separatist, it's 50% chance assist, not 25. In addition to that there's ship that call assists, obviously.

That the only Geo ship and I couldn't believe it too.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    five2zero wrote: »

You all realize that the AI plays for you when you're on defense, right? :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 0N49X
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    five2zero wrote: »

You all realize that the AI plays for you when you're on defense, right? :o

The assist chance is way much higher than 25% and I had another bad experience yesterday.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    I am also having ship issues. All of a sudden protection is restoring at an insane rate on enemy biggs. The enemy ships are critical hitting every shot. I am afraid this patch has bugged things
  • Options
    Ships are weird. Recently in a match, two of my reinforcements came with Potency Up and Target Lock. Same happened later on, but with only one ship.
    fUMAfGu.png
  • 0N49X
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Ships are weird. Recently in a match, two of my reinforcements came with Potency Up and Target Lock. Same happened later on, but with only one ship.
    fUMAfGu.png

Your opponent has Maul's ship and his ship has an unique ability: enemy reinforcement will be target locked.
  • 0N49X
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Again, fought another player with Geo ship and his Geo ship assisted every other ship during the first two turns even there was no other Geo ships and his capital ship was Home One.

25% chance to assist my A S, 45% less damage my A S!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Our team tested this issue, using the parameters described and could not reproduce this issue. Geonosian Soldier’s Starfighter rarely assisted in any attacks. It may be that the RNG gods were not smiling upon thee and this is just a case of bad luck. Regarding the other item mentioned near the bottom of this thread, the target lock applying on reinforcements is correct and is applied by Scimitars Unique ability Lurking Threat. The potency however I will require further investigation. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hehe goes to show how many ppl use tarkin, his reinforcements always get pot
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • 0N49X
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    Our team tested this issue, using the parameters described and could not reproduce this issue. Geonosian Soldier’s Starfighter rarely assisted in any attacks. It may be that the RNG gods were not smiling upon thee and this is just a case of bad luck. Regarding the other item mentioned near the bottom of this thread, the target lock applying on reinforcements is correct and is applied by Scimitars Unique ability Lurking Threat. The potency however I will require further investigation. Cheers!

Thanks! I hope it will not haunt me anymore.