Ship turn order

Other than "it will never be you", what are the rules dictating which ship goes first in fleet arena battles? I feel like I go up against fairly low level ships often and yet still never shoot first

Replies

• Options
    Check out the ship stats, speed will pretty much always tell you what ship will go first.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    probably better geared/leveled/modded pilots wich make up for their lower level ships.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    Any updated intel? I went against essentially matched fleet and had one ship be able to attack before I had lost one and almost another to the new changes. I am not thrilled with the changes to the strength indicators, seems dumbed down yet again.
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love for a quick comparison barchart or something in game for various stats instead of memorising figures from a fairly cluttered ui
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Any updated intel? I went against essentially matched fleet and had one ship be able to attack before I had lost one and almost another to the new changes. I am not thrilled with the changes to the strength indicators, seems dumbed down yet again.

For the record, the visual changes would have nothing to do with losing ships other than possibly throwing off your mental evaluation of their health situations. It's actually the opposite of "dumbed down" because it's a more accurate visual representation, enabling better decision-making.

As for ship speed - it's exactly that. Check the speed of their ships, there's nothing magical going on. The only things that might throw off the speed stat for opening round considerations are Bistan, Plo, and Rex, due to their turn meter manipulation.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »

The ball is in your court. Update your own intel first. What ships did you use and at which speeds. The same for your opponent.
  • Options
    My favorite is using Poe and his ability that "Can not be evaded" getting evaded. Man, fills me with joy.
  • Options
    Turn order is supposedly based on speed.
    Not WAI though it seems. More like RNG, sometimes slower ships will go first. Or hits without TMR will still mess up your turn order.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not WAI though it seems. More like RNG, sometimes slower ships will go first. Or hits without TMR will still mess up your turn order.

Not "supposedly" based on speed, it's (almost) entirely based on speed :smile: There are turn meter gain effects on various ships that can also affect turn order. Everything is WAI, just have to be familiar with the actual stats of your ships, the actual stats of your opponent's ships, and what each ship's abilities do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If you are evenly matched rng does decided who goes first, just like any battle with multiple turn meters filled. Other then that it is always speed.