Boba or Rex lead?

I've been running:
Boba (l)
Sun Fac
Kylo
B2
5's/Rex depending who I'm facing

I'm wondering if Rex would be a better lead than Boba as I'm at that stage of running into mostly wiggs teams, but it seems normally against them Rex gets targeted for the triple shot more often than not, would the turn meter gain from his lead be enough to keep up or would the crit chance and damage from Boba make up for that?

Replies

• vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    EP and as leader and case is closed. You will actually start winning. I love to wipe noob Rex teams. You actually have a very good team there so I don't understand why you are ruining it with Rex. You might make him workable against a Zader.
  • Options
    Your team is too unbalanced. Try and get ep in the next event. And use try and use Vader if he is 5* or 6* with ep .lead. use Kylo.and any.other debuffing toon if u can. Will help a lot a against non-yoda Jedi and rebel teams. Boba and Vader will debuff and kill at least one enemy in the first turn.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    With this account I've stayed as far away from rebels as I possibly can, so no ep, nor do I care to farm the rebels to get ep. I can usually stay top 100 with this team and I'm also farming first order and clones on this account, I actually wanted something different rather than playing what everyone else is using. While I'm not expecting any top 10 finishes in arena I'm just looking for what others may think the most effective lead of those 2 are. Btw this account is only lvl 81, I won't have any zetas any time soon, and I doubt too many others will that I'm facing in arena for awhile.
  • Options
    I am not so advanced player as mates posted above, but I think it depends on your shard - if you have many rebels, or other crit based teams like droids, in your shard Rex is better choice. I am also wondering - Do you need both B2 and SF?
  • Options
    2 dispellers comes in pretty handy at times, but I may benefit from more dps, I have been thinking about swapping b2 for nihilus as he can dispell and if you get the chance the annihilate is awesome, but then again without a pretaunter chances are he'll go down pretty quick.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    I love to wipe noob Rex teams.
    You'll hate mine then https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/
    @Drax_77 Rex lead is definitely the best option.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    EP and as leader and case is closed. You will actually start winning. I love to wipe noob Rex teams. You actually have a very good team there so I don't understand why you are ruining it with Rex. You might make him workable against a Zader.

rex is awesome vs those zeta DS teams that are everywhere currently. Especially if they have better speed mods, rex offers a easier sollution than farming another gazzillion mods.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Nice! This account will probably never have GK or not for a very long time anyway, and if baze becomes actually farmable (easier farm than shore) I'll work on him for the pretaunt, I do have nihilus g8 so far, most of my team is g8, so I'm really considering throwing him in b2 slot.
  • Options
    It again depends on shard - I usually rely on SF counter to dispel, because many players use AoE, but if you face many toons like Baze and GK which have many buffs B2 is very important. If you rely on SF I think Rex is better lead to give him TM - SF is slow...
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    It again depends on shard - I usually rely on SF counter to dispel, because many players use AoE, but if you face many toons like Baze and GK which have many buffs B2 is very important. If you rely on SF I think Rex is better lead to give him TM - SF is slow...

I'd have to look but I think my sf is around a 170 speed, no I don't have very good mods but that's not too bad for him, and I've only come across a couple of chaze teams as this shard is only about 5 months old there aren't any GK.
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »

I'd have to look but I think my sf is around a 170 speed, no I don't have very good mods but that's not too bad for him, and I've only come across a couple of chaze teams as this shard is only about 5 months old there aren't any GK.

Well.. In this case I think that Rex is better lead and replace B2 with DPS
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advise, gunna play around with a couple options over the next few days, see which does better offensively and which holds better on defense over night.
  • Options

Yeah that's definitely not a noob Rex team. Got a lot of Zaders at top 10?

• Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    @ Drax_77 I'm interested in what changes you've made to your squad and how good the results are. I'm currently L81 and run a very similar squad (Boba lead, Kylo, Sun Fac, B2, Leia). This team lands me in top 20 regularly. About to zeta Kylo soon, then may be Boba. Next I'm hoping put Rex in as lead and replace B2 with Palp. GK will be a much longer wait.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running:
    Boba (l)
    Sun Fac
    Kylo
    B2

I'm wondering if Rex would be a better lead than Boba as I'm at that stage of running into mostly wiggs teams, but it seems normally against them Rex gets targeted for the triple shot more often than not, would the turn meter gain from his lead be enough to keep up or would the crit chance and damage from Boba make up for that?

Your issue is that sun face... Awesome as he is is too slow to get his taunt up. If you had a really fast STH, or an auto taunter, it would help a lot. Otherwise Rex lead against wiggs means really death.

It looks kind of like your trying to counter several teams at once. B2 and sun fac on the same team is probably not the best idea. Rex lead is good against a lot of teams, but your taunter has to be really fast. I suppose if you got whale mods on him, combined with Rex's tm gain it might do it. But that would be so much more difficult and those mods would serve other toons more.

This game is tricky..... So many angles. Do many different shards. I think fives would be best in a squad with R2, BTW. If you had a really fast R2 you could have a pseudo taunt. Not at easily dispelled as a regular taunt, BTW.

Rex L
    R2
    Fives
    Zylo
    Dn

That might be interesting..... For a unusual combo team. Wouldn't invest heavily into anything untested before you play with it heavily though....
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    I've been running:
    Boba (l)
    Sun Fac
    Kylo
    B2

Your issue is that sun face... Awesome as he is is too slow to get his taunt up. If you had a really fast STH, or an auto taunter, it would help a lot. Otherwise Rex lead against wiggs means really death.

It looks kind of like your trying to counter several teams at once. B2 and sun fac on the same team is probably not the best idea. Rex lead is good against a lot of teams, but your taunter has to be really fast. I suppose if you got whale mods on him, combined with Rex's tm gain it might do it. But that would be so much more difficult and those mods would serve other toons more.

This game is tricky..... So many angles. Do many different shards. I think fives would be best in a squad with R2, BTW. If you had a really fast R2 you could have a pseudo taunt. Not at easily dispelled as a regular taunt, BTW.

Rex L
    R2
    Fives
    Zylo
    Dn

Putting r2's smokescreen on fives... Not Zylo. Zylo counter attack is dispellable
    That might be interesting..... For a unusual combo team. Wouldn't invest heavily into anything untested before you play with it heavily though....

• ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options
    Rex is viable against all teams except dn lead or if the other Rex team has chaze plus a super fast dn like in my shard.

https://swgoh.gg/u/chester/
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Izza wrote: »
    @ Drax_77 I'm interested in what changes you've made to your squad and how good the results are. I'm currently L81 and run a very similar squad (Boba lead, Kylo, Sun Fac, B2, Leia). This team lands me in top 20 regularly. About to zeta Kylo soon, then may be Boba. Next I'm hoping put Rex in as lead and replace B2 with Palp. GK will be a much longer wait.

Hah this was a couple of months ago I've changed it up, running Rex lead, kylo, boba, nihilus and chirrut. Because of low gear levels and not so good mods I hang around 100. I'm sure it's an easy team to beat on offense but the only teams I lose to when I'm on offense are the all g10 g11 teams that are 7k+ power higher than me. But zvader and zmaul or are a breeze with this team, and dn leads, as long as I can keep dooku contained aren't too bad either.
  • Options
    Rex is arguably the best leader in the entire game. If I had to rank, I'd say top three are Rex, Maul, Zader are top 3 in about that order.