Will we ever see R2-D2?

I think he'd be awesome .....

Replies

• Options
    What does your heart tell you anakin?
  • Options
    Yes , my mind says no though.
  • Options
    Lol. I think it's inevitable. It may be 7 months from now though.
  • Options
    He would definitely be a tank
  • Options
    Go to Settings->Help->Progress
    ... :open_mouth: ...
  • Options
    Yes
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Rumba wrote: »

Woah, there's a commotion in my pants . Thanks
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Ok some of you might think this is funny but there should be an R2D2 character.
    Think about it, in the movies he saves every major hero. The trash compactor, he saves Luke, leia, Han and chewi. Later again when he fixes the hyper drive and saves them again. The entire Rebel alliance would have been destroyed if he had not opened the door on Endor. He has fixed ships in space fought enemies and is the best support character in the movies.

He should have a place in the game.
  • Options
    Agreed. He'd breathe more life into droid teams. Would be a great support hero with a taser stun ability and some sort of team turn meter manipulation
  • Options
    Yeah, I really expect to see the major droids in game some day.
  • Options
    To me it just would be one more character for people to whine about how they are so strong and Mace (insert other Jedi here) is too weak compared to other noncombatant characters.

I would have no issue with them putting in R2D2, C3PO, or Jar Jar as long as they made them as terrible in the game as they are in the movies.
  • Options
    To me it just would be one more character for people to whine about how they are so strong and Mace (insert other Jedi here) is too weak compared to other noncombatant characters.

I would have no issue with them putting in R2D2, C3PO, or Jar Jar as long as they made them as terrible in the game as they are in the movies.

What? Jar Jar should be the most OP character in the game. He's a beast in the movies

Anyway, I think Mace will be pretty good with the update. Better turn meter advantage and nearly twice the hitting power if expose is granted
  • Options
    I don't think he is going to be the main focus for anyone, but I think he at least may be situational. In that he is semi-easily farmable and will be used in the Jedi challenge is about it.
  • Options
    I dunno, I think there will be a lot of Jedi teams with Mace as lead, QGJ, Lumi, Poe and the new Jedi character, assuming he is a top tier character
  • Options
    R2D2 would be cool:)
  • Options
    Ok, so I found out today planned release for May . Happy with that
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Rumba wrote: »

Great catch
  • Options
    If you click the icon at top left of game then go to help/progress you will see R2D2 there. So he is coming
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Cool
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, i'd like to have R2-D2 just because he's adorable, maybe he could be a support type character.
  • Options
    Job wrote: »
    Ok some of you might think this is funny but there should be an R2D2 character.
    Think about it, in the movies he saves every major hero. The trash compactor, he saves Luke, leia, Han and chewi. Later again when he fixes the hyper drive and saves them again. The entire Rebel alliance would have been destroyed if he had not opened the door on Endor. He has fixed ships in space fought enemies and is the best support character in the movies.

He should have a place in the game.

Agreed. But before CG made it, let CG nerf it first. lol
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    R2D2 saves everyone's **** in the movies numerous times, he should have an awesome leader ability that applies to everyone if they want to stick to the story.
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    R2D2 saves everyone's **** in the movies numerous times, he should have an awesome leader ability that applies to everyone if they want to stick to the story.

Because Leia ran around in stealth 2 shotting everything to keep to the story? I think for a game like this the story goes right out of the window. That would be the only way to put someone like C3PO, R2D2, or any of the droids in this game for the most part. If they went along the lines of the story, every stormtrooper in the game would have -1000% to accuracy.

If R2D2 is in the movie I see him along the lines of being the light side version of Poggle except with stun on basic rather than ability block. Probably have a synergy with droids and rebels.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Two things that tell me that R2D2 WILL be in game in the future:

1. Lobot - He is Light side character that has a lot of abilities that involves droids

2. If you go to Settings Menu > Help > Progress > Summoning, you can see a pic of R2D2 (and others)
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Options
    He should give insight to his teammates. He is always warning them of bad things.
  • Options
    Stun based support character, with jet boosters+oil slick flame thrower aoe
  • Options
    I would imagine he will be brought in with the ships and have some sort of ship synergy like you can read on Briggs description.

Maybe linked to a ships shield or something.

But since no-one knows what exactly the ship icon or how they will work, who knows.