It appear Jyn isnt removing 100%TM

Just did a rancor raid and it appears Jyn is leaving about 5% TM after doing Truncheon Strike

Replies

• Barakna12
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Rancor gains 5% TM everytime he is damaged. I believe the game is now applying the TM reduction before the damage. Have not tested with Teebo yet. This may be the way it is supposed to work now.

Edit: Just tested with Teebo. Rancor does not gain TM after Teebo removes all of his TM, so it looks like it is a bug with Jyn.
  • Options
    This definitely changed with the patch today. Is this WAI now, or is this a bug? @CG_Kozispoon ?
  • Options
    Also noticed this. Teebo still removes 100%, Jyn - doesn't.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    They changed Jyn to remove TM before the damage instead of after so that now she can steal TM from opponents she defeats, was included in yesterday's update

This should also affect p1 of aat raid since you could time up her TM steal to happen on the 7th or 10th attack and steal the 100% TM that GG was getting. Now that it happens before applying damage GG will still end up getting his 100% TM after the attack.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    They changed Jyn to remove TM before the damage instead of after so that now she can steal TM from opponents she defeats, was included in yesterday's update

This should also affect p1 of aat raid since you could time up her TM steal to happen on the 7th or 10th attack and steal the 100% TM that GG was getting. Now that it happens before applying damage GG will still end up getting his 100% TM after the attack.

This.

Thank @DarthJosh

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/87250/jyn-erso-bug

With what I guess are the limitations of the programming tmr happens either before or after damage.
    Before damage is what it was changed to so that she can steal tm on kill shot.

IMO this is worse. She can no longer reduce tm to 0 for any opponent that has a unique to gain TM from damage applied.

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Hmmmm. Upon a second looksee, this may not be a bug afterall. Since she is removing TM before she deals damage, it’s normal that Rancor or any other toons with TM gain abilities to gain TM after they received damage. I'll make that note as well in the linked forum thread above me.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    Hmmmm. Upon a second looksee, this may not be a bug afterall. Since she is removing TM before she deals damage, it’s normal that Rancor or any other toons with TM gain abilities to gain TM after they received damage. I'll make that note as well in the linked forum thread above me.

Yet every other character that removes TM does so after damage not before.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the issue here is they wanted to make sure she gains on a killing blow...

I'm not sure how modular they want the code to be, which might be the limitation. But from a straight programming petspective, it wouldn't be hard for Jyn to put target tm in a local variable before either damage or removal, and then do the check later to see if it's applied.
  • Options
    Personally im sure alot agree this is not a change we want, her ai in arena from what i can tell fighting a friend is what needs changed not her removing tm on kill, this change makes rancor and other aspects of the game a bit different as someone said and not as good. In the ai she does not smartly give full tm to anyone important, and in my case tested alot is wedge, and wedge doesnt not need the quick tm to get his aoe off at all, in most cases a fast Jyn removed tm from either a tank or cc person before they make a move, and the ai does nothing like that at all, making a decently harder to get toon, one i personally saved and got to 7* from tournies alone, and put everything i had to unlocking her not as useful as she can be in multiple areas. She needs to be either made to be smarter or atleast more apparent who she gives tm on your tm on def, or fixed to change her order of attack, ive saved massive amounts of alley points as a 79 to get her and gave it my all to unlock her, but her aii is lacking, thank you for your time and take care!