R2D2?

Remember R2? Sassy astromech droid? One of 2 characters to appear in all 8 films? The character that was teased at EA's panel a year ago?
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Options
    Who? ;)
  • Options
    Chopper was just added check your toons
  • Options
    Naw dude he's not important there's this great new show called rebels that like 20 people actually enjoy screw r2 yay rip off r2 oh wait I mean chopper.
  • Options
    Rip off Artoo? They are massively different. He's not a rip off at all.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't watch Rebels, but it looks like another astromech droid, which is where the similarities come from.

And there are quite a few iconic characters that are not added yet. I assume it is to generate hope for them, and to boost sales later on.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So was wicket.

Also why does chopper take the rule of rank and support.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Naw dude he's not important there's this great new show called rebels that like 20 people actually enjoy screw r2 yay rip off r2 oh wait I mean chopper.
    Well actually Chopper was an original design for R2 so technically R2 is the newer one haha
  • Options
    ArtooSW wrote: »

True. As annoying as he can be to his owners, R2 is loyal and tries to help. Chopper has almost killed his crew multiple times, for no rhyme or reason.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    hnewton wrote: »
    Well actually Chopper was an original design for R2 so technically R2 is the newer one haha

He-hey... you jus... stay outta this okay?
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

True. As annoying as he can be to his owners, R2 is loyal and tries to help. Chopper has almost killed his crew multiple times, for no rhyme or reason.

Exactly. Artoo not only tries to help he usually ends up being significant. Chopper at the end of season 2 had to be told by Kanan to stay when he was about to leave them and fly off he planet which the Sith Temple was on and at the start of season 3 Chopper said to Ezra "Every man for himself" when the a ship was blowing up. They're very different and for me they're not very good characters.
  • Options

I think you're thinking of BB8. Artoo was meant to have a ball as his base although the original draft didn't have his top part spherical too.
  • Options

I think you're thinking of BB8. Artoo was meant to have a ball as his base although the original draft didn't have his top part spherical too.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-rebels-meet-chopper/1100-147998/
    "The design of Chopper, a.k.a. C1-10P, takes cues from early Ralph McQuarrie concept art for R2-D2, especially the expressive arms that fold out of his head. As "Star Wars Rebels" takes place four years prior to the events of "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope," Chopper’s retro look creates an aesthetic continuity with droids of the original trilogy"
  • Options
    Chopper before R2?...FAIL
  • Options

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-rebels-meet-chopper/1100-147998/
    "The design of Chopper, a.k.a. C1-10P, takes cues from early Ralph McQuarrie concept art for R2-D2, especially the expressive arms that fold out of his head. As "Star Wars Rebels" takes place four years prior to the events of "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope," Chopper’s retro look creates an aesthetic continuity with droids of the original trilogy"

I guess both were from early Artoo designs then.
  • Options

A lot of Rebels is from early Ralph McQuarrie art. Such as Zeb who was an early Chewbacca design
  • Options
    Yeah I knew that. I was actually at Star Wars identities in London a couple of weeks ago and they had some of those designs there as well as costumes from the films.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    The walkers, thin lightsabers, Chopper, Zeb, a lot of other design choices. All taken from original art designs for Star Wars. That was one of their selling points for the series.
  • Options
    Why most people complain before trying something out? That goes for Rebels and this game as well.
    oimc7T4.jpg
  • Options

A lot of Rebels is from early Ralph McQuarrie art. Such as Zeb who was an early Chewbacca design

2rrxok2.jpg Here's the picture I took of that design.
  • hnewton
    492 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

2rrxok2.jpg Here's the picture I took of that design.

That's awesome. I saw that art on Star Wars' Twitter a couple months ago