Chopper the Astromech

Prev1
Anditesh
135 posts Member
edited February 2017
What does everyone think of the droid Chopper in the game? What teams, other than rebels, will he fit into? He looks interesting as a droid, just don't know what to do with him. I like his taunt ability, even though he is the second support in the game that has Taunt. (Hoth Rebel Soldier being the other) His health is not good for taunting that I saw. But we will see how he does in actual battle vs just paper.
I also think he might support ships in a way and they will eventually bring in R2-D2 as well since there is a spot with the ships that has yet to be introduced.

Replies

• Options
    Just as an FYI, you might wanna edit your thread and get rid of all Caps before BentWookie gets on ya
  • Options
    Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, you might wanna edit your thread and get rid of all Caps before BentWookie gets on ya

Ok Thanks.
  • Options
    He has a "phoenix" tag, and has synergies with them, so it's safe to assume he fits in a phoenix team (which we know nothing about yet)
  • Options
    Sorry guys....he android only.
  • Options
    Brace yourselves for "Get to the choppa" memes.
  • Options
    I was hoping they would stick with the theme of KOTOR and release more characters ;(. I don't have any strong desire for rebel characters.
  • Options
    I heard he's going to be given 7* free for android users again.
  • Options
    He's got the Phoenix tag meaning they're gonna add the rest of the Phoenix Squadron from Star Wars Rebels, finally! Although I hoped that Seb would get the taunt ability, doesn't really make sense for an astromech droid to taunt.. Kanan and Ezra will be nice additions to the Jedi, Hera can be a pretty cool support character, and Sabine is probably gonna be just straight up badass!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Would he replace nebit on droid teams?
  • PrincessP0Pcorn
    110 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Really -_- more rebels. Never trust EA when they say they'll focus on the dark side. This is blasphemy. There are a ton of jedi and other light side toons to release from republic or otherwise. Ridiculous that rebels are going to be buffed yet again so soon.

EDIT: I read some other things and came back to look at this post...boy did I sound like an angsty teen. Lol but seriously, many more teams need love and that includes other light side teams.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Options
    Seems like reverse start to kick off Rebels toon release with Chopper eventhough I am looking forward to him. I would have thought Ezra, Kanan, Sabine or his owner Hera would debut.
  • Options
    I wonder, if "Phoenix" becomes its own Fleet with commando ship ... then we have 2 rebel fleets ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The Phoenix tag seems interesting, but the toon's all around kit seems pretty bad.

A 1-turn taunt and evasion up with no secondary benefits.
    A single-target dispell on a 4-turn cooldown
    Low health (about equal to STHan)
    Hits like a wet noodle
    His unique and special make him hard to kill, but why would the opponent bother? He's not scary enough to even bother.

Yes, he gives buffs and cooldown reduction to his Phoenix pals on his basic, but unless the rest of the Phoenix team is absolutely godly, I can think of no good reason to run Chopper ever. On a droid squad, B2 and/or Nebit are better. On a rebel squad if you're desperate enough for a dispeller to be thinking of Chopper, do yourself a favor and use Sun Fac instead (or B2).
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    The Phoenix tag seems interesting, but the toon's all around kit seems pretty bad.

Hits like a wet noodle

Yes, he gives buffs and cooldown reduction to his Phoenix pals on his basic, but unless the rest of the Phoenix team is absolutely godly, I can think of no good reason to run Chopper ever. On a droid squad, B2 and/or Nebit are better. On a rebel squad if you're desperate enough for a dispeller to be thinking of Chopper, do yourself a favor and use Sun Fac instead (or B2).

JE taken alone is not good neither. No hit at all except a bomb, but put in a Droid team, he shines. I think we need to wait for the rest of the Phoenix squad to have a better overview of their power.

EDIT: His unique is also not bad, HP and Protection recovery.
  • Options
    His kit looks ideal under Old Ben in p3 of the tank raid. Arena.....have to wait and see
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »

Hits like a wet noodle

JE taken alone is not good neither. No hit at all except a bomb, but put in a Droid team, he shines. I think we need to wait for the rest of the Phoenix squad to have a better overview of their power.

EDIT: His unique is also not bad, HP and Protection recovery.

Main difference of course is that JE was released to fill a gap in Droid teams: slow and fragile. While Chopper may very well fill a "gap" in Phoenix teams, there are no Phoenix teams around yet to even know what that gap might be. I guess if it's excessively long cooldowns, then Chopper will be a valuable addition?
  • Options
    Chopper is the counter to Death Trooper and Darth Nihilus ... we stop manipulating TM and start manipulating cooldowns instead :trollface:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Looks underwhelming
  • Options
    Hell yeah, my favorite droid in the SW universe. He cracks me up.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

+1 , I laughed for a good 15 minutes
  • Options
    Anyone else sees this new droid as a potential equipment for the ships ?

You know, this little square on the bottom right of your ship that says "Not available yet".
  • Options

Okay....I won't do this then...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Toniosnow wrote: »

You know, this little square on the bottom right of your ship that says "Not available yet".
    Would explain the phoenix tag

• Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Toniosnow wrote: »

Would explain the phoenix tag

I think Phoenix is more referring to that branch of rebels, Rebels.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • DarthPhelps
    209 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'll do it. I have no shame.

Get%20to%20the%20choppa_zpspsu8kzzb.png

Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Are we going to see helicopter lightsaber soon ?

hqdefault.jpg
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Are we going to see helicopter lightsaber soon ?

hqdefault.jpg

Please, no. I love Rebels but the helicopter lightsabers killed me.
  • Options
    just another character i won't be getting because i have no interest in or use for.

another droid really??
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'll do it. I have no shame.

Get%20to%20the%20choppa_zpspsu8kzzb.png

#dead
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    how did you guys see his abilities and that he taunts?