Plz Fix Rex

Prev13
when the AI control rex he begin with Subdue instead of Squad Discipline this is a huge disavantage and makes them easy to beat since they do not get their turn meter boost like Jawa enginner and stormtrooper han does

Replies

• Options
    AI has waaaay more serious errors.
  • Options
    this is a big one just to lyk can get top 10 and drop to top 100 everyday just cauz rex fail
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Make sure your team has a debuff on them before Rex makes his first move, he triggers squad if there is one debuff on your team. How do you get a debuff? I used to use Ani, both there are other ways. If you face a lot of Baze teams, then he kindly does this for you for example, if you attack him ahead of Rex's first go.

Xio
  • Options
    If Rex utilized squad discipline as his first move with the AI, oh boy! It'll make my life much easier... <3
  • Options
    As someone who runs a Sith team w/B2, yes, please fix this. Have him throw SD earlier. >:)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The Devs have already addressed this. Sadly, they won't change it. An argument is that Yoda uses his Tenacity Up move first, so why can't Rex? It's because of the TM gain and it will create an "unfair" advantage...
  • Options
    The Devs have already addressed this. Sadly, they won't change it. An argument is that Yoda uses his Tenacity Up move first, so why can't Rex? It's because of the TM gain and it will create an "unfair" advantage...

Are you kidding me? Want to know something unfair? In one word: Baze.
  • Options

That really does not make any sense if they are using that as an excuse. St Han uses his taunt skill first which increases turn meter and Poe uses his taunt first which reduces opponents turn meter.
  • Options
    ^ the devs and CG's decisions regarding this game ever make sense?
  • Options

Not sure where the devs ever said that, especially given that they just changed Phasma's AI to use Victory March first. My understanding of the reasoning was that, unlike Battle Meditation, Squad Discipline has a cleanse, so it's coded to maximize usefulness -- i.e., use the cleanse, gain tm and tenacity up. Of course, this was coded before uncleanseable debuffs, like Zader dots, existed, and before shock and daze existed, making it due for a change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    exec79 wrote: »
    AI has waaaay more serious errors.

Oh really?!, name me 37.... ha, see you get stuck around 26 or so.....

No really, there are many issues that should be resolved, this is on the list, but still....
  • Options
    I wrote a very long post on this previously and many others have as well (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/84294/modifying-rexs-ai-to-use-squad-discipline-first#latest).

Players have asked for AI changes on 3 toons for a long time that are similar here: (1) Yoda using battle meditation first; (2) Phasma using victory march first; (3) Rex using squad discipline first. The first two were granted, but no love for Rex, who actually got slightly worse in this update since they fixed (rightfully) his bug that let him apply turn meter down on an evade. Would be nice if they made this change too.
  • Options

Yeah...ummm...the devs never said that. And, as has already been posted, Phasma's AI now runs VM first, which is a TM boost. It's one thing to complain - it's quite another to make up things and say developers said them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Refusing the change the order the AI uses abilities because it would be unbalanced is the silliest argument ever. A good AI should be as human-like as possible. If it's not unfair under human control, it won't be under AI control.

Phasma got Victory March prioritized, I can see Rex getting tweaked too.
  • Options

The difference is Rex cleanses while Yoda does not, also he grants extra turn meter for each debuff
  • Options
    When they fixed yoda's ai, he was nowhere near top tier viable and when they fixed phasma's it had been awhile since she was top tier as well. Rex on the other hand, still exists on a lot of top 10 teams. I don't see them changing Rex's ai until people stop using him, and quite frankly I dont think they should
  • Options
    An unfair advantage? I mean, if that's really the argument, and it is legitimate (which I don't think it is) then they need to nerf Rex. The reason being, if under human control, and squad discipline gets used first, how is that any less of an unfair advantage using that logic? My counterpoint to this is - there is no unfair advantage. I agree with what's been stated. They tweaked Phasma and Yoda to prioritize their buffs - Rex got hosed.
  • Options
    tomates302 wrote: »
    this is a big one just to lyk can get top 10 and drop to top 100 everyday just cauz rex fail
    I never drop out of the top 5 with Rex lead. I'm sure mods and team composition is your issue.
  • Options
    This small change would make clones viable in arena which they are not now. Please make it happen!
  • Options

Would be just think make him fast and lead he gains tm and would resist any debuffs making the entire squad hard to beat and would probably put the attacking team down two yoons in the first 2 rounds just no, it prioritizes for a reason, cause it would be op and it would be the new meta with certain toons backing him
  • Options
    Serya wrote: »
    This small change would make clones viable in arena which they are not now. Please make it happen!

Because rex that stand alone toon with that power with the right toons backing would be unbeatable! Thats why!
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Refusing the change the order the AI uses abilities because it would be unbalanced is the silliest argument ever. A good AI should be as human-like as possible. If it's not unfair under human control, it won't be under AI control.

Phasma got Victory March prioritized, I can see Rex getting tweaked too.

But theres a difference he doesnt give tenacity up leaving an attacking team helpless simple!
  • Options
    brett94 wrote: »
    Because rex that stand alone toon with that power with the right toons backing would be unbeatable! Thats why!

If Rex goes first and puts up tenacity B2 and Baze can take it right away, so no where near unbeatable.
  • Options
    The Devs said that the AI for Rex is programmed to use Squad Discipline as a cleanse to get more TM gain from the skill overall.
  • Options
    how you cleanse if your entire squad is dead beforeu can do it
  • Options
    the turn meter it gives is a must to make your entire squad goes first
  • Options
    How about a simple AI defense question "Would you like Rex to use SD as his first action in arena Y/N?"

• Options
    its not a question he MUST use SD first or ull drop by 100 position each day having to spend crystal and crystals to refresh battle just to catch up is not funny at all
  • Options
    zeta cody is useless cauz u need rex lead to get enough tm to survive one turn cauz rec does not gives the tm
  • Options
    rex*