Need some advice for acquiring gear

I'm currently a level 59 almost a 60. I'm having a very difficult time acquiring gear for my characters. I'm trying to gear up Sidious to gear level 7 but he requires rare gear to upgrade. What's the best way to obtain this gear? I put in requests in my guild and I've been simulating like crazy but it's a crap shoot whether I even get that gear when I simulate. Any advice for a newbie?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Patience is the key.
    If most of your guild are on a similar level, they will probably be needing the same types of gear as you.

Are you refreshing your energy for more sims? Are you simming hard modes or normal ones? Expensive or cheap nodes?
    Are you checking shipments for gear as well? I have often bought stun cuffs and those +2 tenacity purple items.
  • Options
    I found that after you are done with toons and ships for zeta you need to save free crystals and buy a whole item, also stunguns and cuffs can be farmed at ship store and complemented by crystalls

for 1200 you get some usefull things in guild store - guild currency = make a list of wich and check for best prices 5 days in fleet shop can get you a whole stun gun or cuffs item. then store has 1250-1400 crystals- 1-2 weeks of farm. A strong guild can get you the bacta gell II quite quikly

refresh just energy 2x and no cantina and try to keep up with PVP top 200-100 should do
  • Options
    just keep refreshing and simming. Swgoh.gg will allow you to plan ahead on gear, you might want to check it out
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    Raids help a ton.
    Farm gear that only requires 20 pieces or less.
    Save up crystals for gear that requires more than 20 pieces.
    Gear requiring more than 20 pieces - When i have about 30 or 35 i will only then farm these pieces.
    Ask guild mates for gear.