Arena is crawling with cheaters

When are you guys going to fix this rampant local device cheating issue and move things completely to the server side?? Honestly, we are tired of reporting them if you aren't tired of banning them.

One would think this issue should have precedence over all these qol updates. When an illegitimate player sweeps in out of nowhere, kicks you out, and takes 1st and 2nd places in your arena where you put money and/or time to earn for months, I would definitely say it lowers the quality of your life. Wouldn't you? And what is the point of investing in a game where anyone can easily cheat their way up to the top and reap all the benefits unfairly?

I think some priority check might be useful for the developers.

Replies

• Options
    There should be an automatic audit for anyone who 7 stars one of the new characters...
  • Options
    Well, cheating in tournaments was so rampant they had to be canceled if that is what you meant. Now cheaters have all the rogue one characters more than most legitimate players f2p or p2p -it doesn't even matter.
  • Options
    AbraxisAEP wrote: »
    There should be an automatic audit for anyone who 7 stars one of the new characters...

The cheaters are manipulating rng to optimise results so this wouldn't help.
  • Options
    Be careful- if you make any mention whatsoever regarding "compensation" (expecting something from CG) on this forum it's apparently a TOS violation and the moderators will come after you.

Asena wrote: »
    When are you guys going to fix this rampant local device cheating issue and move things completely to the server side?? Honestly, we are tired of reporting them if you aren't tired of banning them.

One would think this issue should have precedence over all these qol updates. When an illegitimate player sweeps in out of nowhere, kicks you out, and takes 1st and 2nd places in your arena where you put money and/or time to earn for months, I would definitely say it lowers the quality of your life. Wouldn't you? And what is the point of investing in a game where anyone can easily cheat their way up to the top and reap all the benefits unfairly?

• Asena
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I am not asking for any compensation, I am only asking them to do their jobs and to take appropriate measures against cheating. Leaving a huge security vulnerability such as client side battles with no real server side check is the exact opposite of this. Current rampant cheating in everyone's arenas is a real testament to this vulnerability.

For a product most of us invested real money in unaware of these issues beforehand, it is well in our rights to ask of them to fix this.
    jackstraw wrote: »
    Be careful- if you make any mention whatsoever regarding "compensation" (expecting something from CG) on this forum it's apparently a TOS violation and the moderators will come after you.

Asena wrote: »

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating, your ally code and the name of the suspected cheater.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.