Droids speed and Jawa engineer's recalibrate

Hey guys,
How should i deal with the speed of my droids and JE's recalibrate spell?
I have a fully maxed G11 droid team (HK47,88,86,B2 and JE), and i was wondering how much speed i must have on my droids for arena

Should i mods speed on my droid to make the turn order i want ? Like 86 first, then HK, then 88 ? But like that I expose myself to te wiggs combo 100% turn meter..
Or should i mods to get 100% turn meter for every droid after JE recalibrate but the RNG will decide who go first...

That's my dilemma. I don't know if i'm clear, I'm not an english native speaker, tell me if you can't understand me

thx guys

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There isn't much wiggs on my server so I go with the specific turn order build. My je has 265 peed and my droids are all around 170 speed. B2 first, then HK, then 88 and finally 86. There's a calculator for this ask @Chewie_says_Aaarww
    Post edited by Ig88isboss on
  • Options
    Honestly its a shard dependent thing. If yours is filled with a lot of wiggs teams or Rex leads then you'd want to get them all to 100% TM, this leads to potentially less dmg from 88 but also less chance of biggs/rex teams to slip a character in between your droid turns. If there is little to no wedge/rex then you'd be better off with a specific turn order to maximize dmg
  • Options
    Do you guys have an updated speed caclulator for droids ?

Thanks a lot
  • Options
    Hi there :)

You can use this form I made:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-RqMTNkj9If0f1Lr-Umv9BLsKKTRwF6GK4nDklAdDZ0/edit#gid=0

Regarding their speed, all your droids should get 100% turn meter after JE uses his recalibrate :) Else Biggs will get 100% turn meter after your first aoe, en another 100% after the next aoe, then another 100% after the next etc... You'll get the point.

Unfortunately Droids don't stand a chance against Maul zeta lead. Sith Assasin is like JE, But way faster with a way better kid.

Good luck! :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Droid speed calculator is nice and all. Basically just uses this formula:
    (1000-10(jawa engineer's recalibrate %)) / (1000/jawa engineer's speed)
    After resolving the denominator round up to the nearest whole number. After completing the problem round down to the nearest whole number.

If you didn't have to round at all, then you can set your speed to any number below what the equation reveals. If you did have to round at some point, then it can also be that number. If you are going for starting turn order, your first droid can have as much speed as you can stack, as long as the second and successive ones are at or below the number this equation reveals.
  • Options
    Okay thanks you guys.
    Yeah Chewie, this morning I tought a 38k power zaul lead team was an easy fight with my 46k full G11 modded droid squad.. but I was so wrong ... Then I look this zeta ability and I cried because my droids are so far from a zeta ability :(
  • Scythro
    37 posts Member
    Options
    I ran droids for a very long time. Honestly, until they get some sort of Zeta abilities you're better off building elsewhere. I love droids. But it's nearly impossible to be competitive with them now.
  • Gollre
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still running droids for the next month or so. It definitely is shard dependent, but I think order is more important that getting everyone to 100% after JE. Specifically b2 needs to go first to remove pre taunt or sith stealth. Nothing ruins and attempt like throwing away 88, 86, and hk's attacks on shore or baze. Ideally have a few extra mods around that if you have to battle a specific person and need everyone to go first throw them on and hope for good rng, but most fights droids will benefit from a set order.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately Droids don't stand a chance against Maul zeta lead. Sith Assasin is like JE, But way faster with a way better kid.

Good luck! :)

Meh, her tm gain is more reminiscent of a weak version of Lobot's than it is comparable to Jawa Engineer's.

Speaking of Lobot, he is an excellent sub for Jawa Engineer against a Sith/Empire team. He is quite fast in a droid team as well (if not quite as fast as JE, he is still fast enough to easily go every 5 ticks, and has the potential to reach every 4 ticks, which is the range JE falls into). His dispel is like a cross between Rex's and Ackbar's. The defense down he inflicts with basic is quite nice for hurrying along your kills too.

Debuffs are a droid's biggest weakness in general. Having someone who can not only practically fill the same role as another member, but also turn that weakness into a strength (source of healing) is awesome.

Subbing characters for climbing ranks in arena is always helpful. Just make sure to do your final match with your best team for defense.

• Options
    Gollre wrote: »
    I'm still running droids for the next month or so. It definitely is shard dependent, but I think order is more important that getting everyone to 100% after JE. Specifically b2 needs to go first to remove pre taunt or sith stealth. Nothing ruins and attempt like throwing away 88, 86, and hk's attacks on shore or baze. Ideally have a few extra mods around that if you have to battle a specific person and need everyone to go first throw them on and hope for good rng, but most fights droids will benefit from a set order.

If you modify the turn order, you need to throw away lots of speed, which it required for the rest of the battle. My JE has 295 speed with the droid ally bonus. If I want ig-88 to go after B2, I have to reduce his speed from 201 to 163 speed. I prefer the random order and the extra 38 speed than a slow 88. But like you said, it depends on each shard how fast your squad needs to be to get to the top 5.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options

If you modify the turn order, you need to throw away lots of speed, which it required for the rest of the battle. My JE has 295 speed with the droid ally bonus. If I want ig-88 to go after B2, I have to reduce his speed from 201 to 163 speed. I prefer the random order and the extra 38 speed than a slow 88. But like you said, it depends on each shard how fast your squad needs to be to get to the top 5.

I must respectfully disagree with you on this one. Having b2 go first against teams with shoretrooper or baze (most teams) is absolutely vital. HK should then be attacking next for all the debuffs, followed up by ig88 who gets a huge damage boost, and lastly ig86 who can refill the tm of assisting droid. Turn one usually ensures me to two kills which is most often enough for a win. This also ensures your not wasting attacks on shore/baze. I run a 265 speed je, 315 counting the passive, and my droids are all around 170 speed, which is by no means slow and they don't need speed anyways with the constant tm refill. I used to run the 100% tm setup but could barely break the top 30, now I can even break the top 10 on a Nov 15 shard. Potency, CRIT chance and offense secondaries on the droids is more important IMO.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

I must respectfully disagree with you on this one. Having b2 go first against teams with shoretrooper or baze (most teams) is absolutely vital. HK should then be attacking next for all the debuffs, followed up by ig88 who gets a huge damage boost, and lastly ig86 who can refill the tm of assisting droid. Turn one usually ensures me to two kills which is most often enough for a win. This also ensures your not wasting attacks on shore/baze. I run a 265 speed je, 315 counting the passive, and my droids are all around 170 speed, which is by no means slow and they don't need speed anyways with the constant tm refill. I used to run the 100% tm setup but could barely break the top 30, now I can even break the top 10 on a Nov 15 shard. Potency, CRIT chance and offense secondaries on the droids is more important IMO.

Wow, didn't know they could be this effective! And your JE is quite fast lol. May I take a look at your swgoh.gg profile? Maybe I can learn a thing or 2 :)

Now I'm running zBoba lead, B2, JE, K2 and 88. Works a bit better against zMaul squads. Although I'm loosing the edge because of sith assassins with 252 speed. Can you beat those squads?
  • Options
    I would really like to choose the hit order of my droids but... How do you deal with Wiggs??
    If b2 goes first, he aoe and debuff auto taunters but then wiggs insta kill one of your droids ..
  • Options
    Replace 86 with K2SO if you want to beat Wiggs. Makes it an absolute dream.

Although as said above it's incredibly hard to beat zmaul squads with any droid set up.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I would really like to choose the hit order of my droids but... How do you deal with Wiggs??
    If b2 goes first, he aoe and debuff auto taunters but then wiggs insta kill one of your droids ..

Single target Wedge until he's dead, then go aoe crazy. If you have K2S0 and can daze Biggs to prevent the TM gain, then go all out on AoE once he's dazed, and target him second. Otherwise stack thermal detonators on him as they can't give him any turn meter (they go off when he starts his turn... at 100% tm and effects that give tm can't increase your tm past 100%) and kill him near the end of the match, If Lando is there I usually make him my second target after Wedge AoE spam is deadly to glass cannon droids.

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Wow, didn't know they could be this effective! And your JE is quite fast lol. May I take a look at your swgoh.gg profile? Maybe I can learn a thing or 2 :)

Now I'm running zBoba lead, B2, JE, K2 and 88. Works a bit better against zMaul squads. Although I'm loosing the edge because of sith assassins with 252 speed. Can you beat those squads?

Currently my account is not linked but yea my je is 265 speed, b2 176 speed, HK 173, 88 172, 86 171. This allows me to win against zader setups with shore 98% of the time. It also does much better against zaul as I can open up with b2s cleanse to unstealth the sith and if I land buff immunity I have a very good chance of winning. My b2s potency is a bit low at 84%, currently working on getting that up. Also the notion that you need 100% tm against wiggs is not true. Just replace 86 with k2so and mod him to go second so he can inflict daze on biggs, after that go crazy with HK and 88 AOE and get a easy win. It's just so much more enjoyable to play as well, it's so frustrating having ig88 go first when facing zader or zaul teams. Also Jedi zqgj teams are popular in my top 50 as well. This helps immensely agasiint them as I can use b2s relatively weak AOE to clear all the Foresight's then land a huge amount of debuffs with hk. If you have the random order squad you risk having 88/86 go first and using an attack only to be dodged bringing them down to 0% tm and basically guaranteeing a loss. Right now I'm the only droid squad who can stay in the top 20 on my shard, sadly most my droid buddies have fallen out of the top 50 besides one who stays 40-50ish :(.

Oh and no one is running sith assassin on my shard so I can't really comment on that. That's quite the team id love to see it in action. I'd try it myself but sadly only have gear 8 boba haha. Hope this helps @Chewie_says_Aaarww
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options

My account isn't currently linked but yea I have my je at 265 speed, 176 b2, 173 HK, 172 88, 171 86. This setup allows me to beat zader teams with shore 98% of the time. Also b2 starting helps me do much better against zaul teams. It lets you cleanse the stealthed sith and if buff immunity lands on the sith I have a very good chance of winning. My b2 is currently only at 84% potency but I'm working on getting that up. And the notion you need 100% tm against wiggs is incorrect. Just use k2so and mod him to go second, apply daze on biggs then use HK and 88 AOE and get a easy win. Jedi teams are also quite popular on my top 50 and having b2 use his relatively weak AOE to get rid of the Foresight's is crucial. HK can then follow up and land a huge amount of debuffs. If you run the 100% setup you are at a huge disadvantage against these teams because if 88/86 go first it's a wasted attack and their tm drops to 0%, at that point it becomes a auto loss. It is just so much more enjoyable knowing when your droids will take their initial turn and not having to pray to rngesus Everytime. Right now I'm the only droid squad who can stay top 20 in my shard, all my other droid buddies have dropped out of the top 50 besides one who stays 40-50 :(

And oh there are no sith assassin on my shard right now, so I can't really comment on that. Im really interested in the team you have their, would love to see it in action! Would run it myself but my boba is only g8 lol. Hope this helps @Chewie_says_Aaarww
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That makes sense too. The two ways to get turn order control are to lower your droid's speed, or to raise jawa engineer's.

If you can raise Jawa Engineer's speed enough then I'd say it's worth it for sure. If dropping your droid's speed won't make their turn take an extra tick, then that's worth it too. If it will make their turn take a couple of extra ticks, then screw the turn order.

I'm running a pretty standard droid team on a December '16 shard, so it's a young one. My droids are always top 50. Was getting top 20 regularly for a bit, even hit top 10 a few times. Not quite making it in top 20 right now, but I think hitting level 80 in a couple of days and maxing HK's leader ability will fix that. In the mean time I need to keep farming for high speed secondaries. Speed is absolutely why I am losing right now.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

My account isn't currently linked but yea I have my je at 265 speed, 176 b2, 173 HK, 172 88, 171 86. This setup allows me to beat zader teams with shore 98% of the time. Also b2 starting helps me do much better against zaul teams. It lets you cleanse the stealthed sith and if buff immunity lands on the sith I have a very good chance of winning. My b2 is currently only at 84% potency but I'm working on getting that up. And the notion you need 100% tm against wiggs is incorrect. Just use k2so and mod him to go second, apply daze on biggs then use HK and 88 AOE and get a easy win. Jedi teams are also quite popular on my top 50 and having b2 use his relatively weak AOE to get rid of the Foresight's is crucial. HK can then follow up and land a huge amount of debuffs. If you run the 100% setup you are at a huge disadvantage against these teams because if 88/86 go first it's a wasted attack and their tm drops to 0%, at that point it becomes a auto loss. It is just so much more enjoyable knowing when your droids will take their initial turn and not having to pray to rngesus Everytime. Right now I'm the only droid squad who can stay top 20 in my shard, all my other droid buddies have dropped out of the top 50 besides one who stays 40-50 :(

And oh there are no sith assassin on my shard right now, so I can't really comment on that. Im really interested in the team you have their, would love to see it in action! Would run it myself but my boba is only g8 lol. Hope this helps @Chewie_says_Aaarww

Nice, I definitely see the benefit from a turn order droid squad now. The zBoba droid squad works good against zMaul squads, because you crit less, leading to less turn meter and stealth for your opponents Sith. I still find the hk47 Lead working better against zVader leads, but they almost disappeared from my shard top 20. Now I'm facing either Rex lead or zMaul leads. Since yesterday I switched to a zMaul squad myself, consisting of zMaul (L), EP, zBoba, B2 and K2SO.

If you want to see how the zBoba squad performs, take a look at these youtube I made from my squad in action xD

Boba vs Rex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f63w1t6vhw

Boba vs Maul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYd9mv-3R4

And my new squad: Maul vs Maul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN0KmpDo_zs&t=17s

You can find more vinds on my channel, if you want to see more. Oh, and regarding sith assasin, she is fast. Very fast. A sith assasin with 251 speed will have 314 starting speed, so she goes first. Then all the sith go strait after because of her turn meter up ability. Then Nihilius will increase your cooldowns, EP will stun the **** out of you and Maul will daze the **** out of you, before you have made a single move...... xD fun times! :D

Good luck man, hope that droids will get a zeta someday, I'll be the first to switch back :)
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So I have figured out a perfect formula for figuring out your turn order.
    550/ (1000/jawa engineers speed, result rounded up), result rounded down.

Using this we see there are breakpoints. Jawa Engineer caps out at 373 speed counting his unique.
    This means it is possible for him to get a 3 tick turn
    334 & above speeds make max droid speed for turn order 183.
    Between 250 & 333 speeds, max droid speed for turn order is 137.
    Between 200 &249 speeds, max droid speed for turn order is110 (unless exactly 200, then it is 109)
    Between 167 & 199 speeds, max droid speed for turn order is 91.

The droid you want to go second can be at this number, The droid you want to go first can be any speed. 3 & 4 droid have to be 1 less successively.
    So turn order is awesome and important, but stack speed on Jawa Engineer before the rest of your squad if you really want to take advantage of it. Doing so lets you use recalibrate and heal/res more often, which speeds up your whole squad, so speeding him up is the most beneficial anyway, just remember the breakpoints. If it won't take JE to the next breakpoint, stick it on your fastest droid instead for now. Or second or 3rd if it won't take them over the cap defined by jawa engineer's speed.

@Chewie_says_Aaarww So you could still run your droid team with JE if you got his speed up to 334 (or 284 in the character panel). Hate to see another droid user give up. Side Note: if you can start with 2 AoE's (B2 and HK), then they will ALL be stealthed, which means you can target whoever you want.