To zeta Boba or Kylo?

DeeRod12
386 posts Member
I'm in between on who of these 2 should I zeta, I've heard allot about how kylos AI is no good and Bobas is not good. Any opinions on who out the 2 is better atm? I'm hoping Rex leader ability gets a zeta soon but not sure on that possibility

Replies

• Options
    I'd say Kylo in a landslide. Boba's zeta is not that useful for raids - zKylo has been shown to solo P1 reliably if you want to take the time to do so. That's huge given what a PITA P1 can be.

Arena-wise, for all the Sith / DoTs / DN stuff bubbling up - Kylo is fantastic as a counter here. Kylo with DoT's/neg effects on him gets incredibly fast and hits hard. His AI doesn't use the zeta, but I saw one with a Boba lead critting for 15k on his AOE. He had 7 neg effects on him at the time and had 204 speed. So he was like near 280 speed in that case - so think TFP with good speed mods...except his aoe CD reset each time and he could spam 15k crits....so like a 280+ speed Lando on his second AOE :)....but tanky! So while the AI may not use him optimally in terms of the zeta skill it's not terrible for him to use the aoe either. He's still very deadly on defense in the right comps and vs. certain teams he's straight God-mode.

Also, since DoT's hit a character as they are taking their turn, even if DN reduces his CD before he moves, Kylo still has access to use his specials because of his CD reset from taking damage....DN is coming - he's sweet - so the fact that Kylo is in some ways immune to his CD reset is huge.
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say Kylo in a landslide. Boba's zeta is not that useful for raids - zKylo has been shown to solo P1 reliably if you want to take the time to do so. That's huge given what a PITA P1 can be.

Arena-wise, for all the Sith / DoTs / DN stuff bubbling up - Kylo is fantastic as a counter here. Kylo with DoT's/neg effects on him gets incredibly fast and hits hard. His AI doesn't use the zeta, but I saw one with a Boba lead critting for 15k on his AOE. He had 7 neg effects on him at the time and had 204 speed. So he was like near 280 speed in that case - so think TFP with good speed mods...except his aoe CD reset each time and he could spam 15k crits....so like a 280+ speed Lando on his second AOE :)....but tanky! So while the AI may not use him optimally in terms of the zeta skill it's not terrible for him to use the aoe either. He's still very deadly on defense in the right comps and vs. certain teams he's straight God-mode.

Also, since DoT's hit a character as they are taking their turn, even if DN reduces his CD before he moves, Kylo still has access to use his specials because of his CD reset from taking damage....DN is coming - he's sweet - so the fact that Kylo is in some ways immune to his CD reset is huge.

Kylo was what I was leaning on but it seemed redundant since I run him in a Rex lead team. I can't touch #1 anymore his full sith team is to RNG for me but soon I plan on running Rex lead Aayla Zylo Boba and Kenobi currently working on Aayla then I'll max gk whenever I finish that.
  • Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »

Kylo was what I was leaning on but it seemed redundant since I run him in a Rex lead team. I can't touch #1 anymore his full sith team is to RNG for me but soon I plan on running Rex lead Aayla Zylo Boba and Kenobi currently working on Aayla then I'll max gk whenever I finish that.

You might want to look at running Boba as a lead there for the crit buff vs. Rex - I can see how Kylo + rex lead if you're using ten-up skill is a bit counter-productive. Idk what Sith you were facing, but I ran a zDV + Sid + 6* G10 DN + EP with TFP and Kylo behind a Boba lead hidden around a taunting tank (like GK) was just insane. I think they both can be very good in arena with zetas - the tie breaker though is the P1 AAT raid capability Kylo has and if you're facing Sith I believe he's a better natural counter since with debuffs he gets crazy fast, hits hard, and keeps resetting his CDs.
  • Options
    As always, it depends on your team and how you are focused on playing the game.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Which is easier, finishing blow or simply a special ability?
    That makes the answer.
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options

You might want to look at running Boba as a lead there for the crit buff vs. Rex - I can see how Kylo + rex lead if you're using ten-up skill is a bit counter-productive. Idk what Sith you were facing, but I ran a zDV + Sid + 6* G10 DN + EP with TFP and Kylo behind a Boba lead hidden around a taunting tank (like GK) was just insane. I think they both can be very good in arena with zetas - the tie breaker though is the P1 AAT raid capability Kylo has and if you're facing Sith I believe he's a better natural counter since with debuffs he gets crazy fast, hits hard, and keeps resetting his CDs.

I find I do better with rex lead against most teams zaders are cake but I do struggle against old Ben on **** evasion lead Zaul
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

https://youtu.be/2BBH0Sj8EJg that's who I run
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    johnne wrote: »
    Which is easier, finishing blow or simply a special ability?
    That makes the answer.

Yeah I was just weighing my options wasn't sure who to go for
  • Options

Hmm I don't know. Kylo's zeta is useful in raids, where once your health dips below 100% and you begin regaining protection he becomes extremely powerful. But in places like arena you don't have that much time.

Boba is kind of squishy, he could use protection regen in arena, but revives often due to the relative ease in killing the droid spawns in raids.

• DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options

Hmm I don't know. Kylo's zeta is useful in raids, where once your health dips below 100% and you begin regaining protection he becomes extremely powerful. But in places like arena you don't have that much time.

Boba is kind of squishy, he could use protection regen in arena, but revives often due to the relative ease in killing the droid spawns in raids.

Yeah it's a tough one I know eventually I'll zeta them both but right now I'm not sure who'd I'd benefit the most from
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Yeah it's a tough one I know eventually I'll zeta them both but right now I'm not sure who'd I'd benefit the most from

Based off of your video I think I would vote Kylo, his protection pool is much larger and if he survives to the end of the match he is a real PITA to fight and he can regain his protection much more often than Boba can. Boba only has 5 chances to regain protection, which is cut down even further when someone else kills an enemy. Kylo can regain his protection as many times as he wants as long as the hit lands.
  • Options
    Kylo gains protection back every time he swings. Boba gains protection back on a killing blow. That's the logic I ran with xD I'm running both toons on the same team at the moment and I know which one is easier to trigger lol (kylo).