Nihilus fnb?

C_Man101
195 posts Member
after getting him up to gear 7 lvl 70 I can kinda see why people don't like him, he pretty much removes all challenge from mods

bring debuffers
use his annihilate cool-down skill once you have 6-7 debuffs
wait till round 5 annihilate the boss

the only practical uses I see his annihilate for now is to counter zeta kylo

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    What I see is that I could only finish the last Assault Battle with him as lead (lvl 59 gr 7), so I imagine that he's really strong at lvl85 max gear.
  • Options
    yeah he counters Zylo, Zooku, Zoba, Zarriss and Zavage. But you leave him on the bench, it'll be fine :)

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    zKylo, zDooku, zBoba, zBarris, zSavage.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo(z), Dooku(z), Barris(z),
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Zzz
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    What's wrong? With who? :#
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i wasn't sold on him at all at first and i'm still not 100% sold on him but the more i gear him the better he is. mine is still just a little squishy for arena. it he will have his place there for me eventually.

if they ever change the cool down for GW i would use him as lead all the way through. currently he is useful for me in the harder nodes.
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    i wasn't sold on him at all at first and i'm still not 100% sold on him but the more i gear him the better he is. mine is still just a little squishy for arena. it he will have his place there for me eventually.

if they ever change the cool down for GW i would use him as lead all the way through. currently he is useful for me in the harder nodes.

if you want to use him in gw just bring vader sidious n b2 as long as you hit 7 debuffs you will get annihilate right at the start

what im really curious about is can you annihilate bobba fett
  • Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »

Of course you can. Can't be evaded, can't be revived. Dead Boba.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

if you want to use him in gw just bring vader sidious n b2 as long as you hit 7 debuffs you will get annihilate right at the start
    He only reduces cooldown by 1 per character - not per debuff. So 3-4 turns.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Of course you can. Can't be evaded, can't be revived. Dead Boba.

Only if you Omega annihilate can there be no revive.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    He is a sith version of Boba without the revive, with a better dispel (on his basic),an undispelable ability block and an Execute. What's not to like?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    What I see is that I could only finish the last Assault Battle with him as lead (lvl 59 gr 7), so I imagine that he's really strong at lvl85 max gear.

Yep - I put him in charge and was able to 3* all 3 tiers.

I have him 4*, g8, level 85 and modded nicely. He's ok - not really arena ready for me yet but considering how he worked for me in the event, I have good hopes for him.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    He is a sith version of Boba without the revive, with a better dispel (on his basic),an undispelable ability block and an Execute. What's not to like?

^This
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »

Yep - I put him in charge and was able to 3* all 3 tiers.

I have him 4*, g8, level 85 and modded nicely. He's ok - not really arena ready for me yet but considering how he worked for me in the event, I have good hopes for him.

Mine is 3* G10 level 85 - and just ripped a top 10 Nov.'15 shard Zaul team. With a Zaul lead and speed mods (mine is only 190) he's the real deal in arena. He has more health+protection than G11 7* EP - by a lot.

• VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think his annhilate CD needs reduced by one. Hell maybe 2. Seriously. It's pretty rare in arena to be able to use it before like...there's the last opponent still standing. Gee awesome. Wouldn't it have been great to use it against like a Boba Fett a round or two previous and saved a lot of headache? And in GW it's all but completely useless. Even with a full drain CD reduction the lengthy CD pretty much eliminates any real utility option for the skill in the arena.
  • Rynn
    69 posts Member
    Options
    As I told my guildies...another useless character I will never use as there are far better teams you can use.
  • Options
    I think he's a good character that could be better with a tweak. I marched up to 1st with no setbacks using him with zMaul today. But that had more to with his AoE slowing the assault of the enemy down a turn and then Palp shocking them freezing them out of another turn completely right after. I only got to use annhilate twice all day.

Lots of things get in annhilates way other than just lengthy cool down. Ability block is prevalent in the arena with all the bobas and Vader running around. Kenobi and Chirruts make keeping debuffs on enemies complicated. zQGJ and Yoda puts up foresight all the time and that prevents force drain from working. I really think the CD needs reduced by one. Or Force drain made unavoidable.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    I have him 7*, g11, level 85 and he absolutely dominates. His basic removes positive effects, he's got a ton of health/protection, hits hard and oh yeah, all of his specials feed to speed up annihilate, which knocks out the opponents best character.

Yeah, he's BA.
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    Options
    as I said above he's a little cheap, you can pretty much solo the support event i beat it with 76 chars as I had Nihilous kill savage

it just seems kinda unfair when you get to the boss with 900khp n a 900khp shield n you can just one shot them
  • Options
    People actually still play events themselves? I haven't not simmed an event since they let us do that lol.
  • Options
    yeah he counters Zylo, Zooku, Zoba, Zarriss and Zavage. But you leave him on the bench, it'll be fine :)
    zKylo, zDooku, zBoba, zBarris, zSavage.
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Kylo(z), Dooku(z), Barris(z),

You forgot Zaul
  • Rogenhamen
    160 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Zaul

Oh man, I want him to have his zeta so badly, but I haven't acquired any zeta mats. It's a hard knock life.

Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Options
    Anyone using him under Zader lead. TM reduction + CD increase seems awesome on paper.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone using him under Zader lead. TM reduction + CD increase seems awesome on paper.

Problem with Nihilus under a zeta lead is that Nihilus is too slow relative to other characters without Maul's TM boost at the start and everytime he dodges/takes a crit. It would probably work well if you go Zader, Zid, TFP, DN, and Shore? But you'd need Zid and TFP to be really fast to ensure AOE TM reduction to start off with, and even then Zid will just be faster under a Zaul lead and you can get very fast EP's to outrace TFP's with a Zaul lead and just do the same job better and put a stop to your TMR.
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    Options
    can I ask why nobody runs Nihilus?

sure you can't get crits but a +60 dmg boost is kinda nice
  • Options
    He is not useless by a longshot, esp if you are in a younger shard with tons of wiggs or chaze teams. Throw some sith and a tank with him and he's pretty nasty
  • Options

I run Maul as my leader with a 43.42% chance for crits before any Power of Hatred additions. I rely on my crit chance.
    That being said, Nihilus' health steal and damage boost is extremely tempting, but no crits just makes me sad.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Because Maul lead is poor man's speed boost.
    Speed can make up for a lot in this game.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Because Maul lead is poor man's speed boost.
    Speed can make up for a lot in this game.

I am a poor man, and I enjoy my speed boost ;)