How to fix Raid Reward System

I usually finish in the top 5 in my guild's raids, and from the chat, i've seen it happen a ton, that someone who finish's significantly below me will get better gear or completed gear and I'll get handed a bundle of something i already have 200+ of...

Doesn't seem fair right?

How about this idea...

After a raid finalizes, a treasure room opens, and raid participants are given staggering windows of time to enter and select the gear they want based on the order that they finished in. This gives top finisher the chance to actually get what they need OR bypass high level gear so that lower members who worked out an arrangement can get it to get up to speed faster.

I wouldn't mind taking 40 mk3 droid callers and not having to farm them for a week and letting lower ranked guild members take completed furnaces, but when it comes time for me to get the gear i want, i should be able to select it and not just deal with random drops.

If a player misses their window for treasure, it moves to the next person, but anyone who was skipped can login at that point and take whatever is left until it's all gone. Seems much more fair.

Replies

• Options
    Raid rewards are WAI
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    well, it's completely logical that atleast 1 player ranked #6 - #50 gets better rewards than a player ranked #1 - #5.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    Options
    I like some if that idea. But what if we was to be awarded a different currency and something like a vault of "random" gear opens and everyone can go in at the same time and exchange for what they need/want. Some times it may not have full gear pieces but at the times it does it would be fair amongst all of the guild to pick up what they wanted
  • CoReTeX
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    yeah, just rewards raidtokens.. collect some, pick fully crafted whatever when you have enough.

Edit: And while you're at it, reward them based on the damage dealt, that'll also fix the 20 Rancorsolo Tie-Breaker issue..
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Surely it would be much simpler just to remove gear from raid rewards and instead reward a much higher number of guild store tokens and increase the selection of items available from the guild store. Then you could buy what you need, or hoard tokens and wait until something you need is in the store?
  • Options
    I was just going to say what Phu_Zzy said
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Options
    Well why dont give an inbox with 3 boxes.. Like 3 possible drops and we can choose from them??
  • Options
    Raid rewards are WAI

This.