Is this supposed to happen?

Testing my zMaul Sith team I notice that after taking critical hits my team member stealths but...if it's a combo hit assist, like wiggs for example, even though they gain stealth they receive the follow up hit anyway. That doesn't seem right. What's the point of the skill if they're just gonna take the damage anyway?

Replies

• Options
    I am assuming on a Wiggs or other kind of assist that it counts as one attack. But I could be very wrong
  • Options
    Testing my zMaul Sith team I notice that after taking critical hits my team member stealths but...if it's a combo hit assist, like wiggs for example, even though they gain stealth they receive the follow up hit anyway. That doesn't seem right. What's the point of the skill if they're just gonna take the damage anyway?

Wait until kenobi does his assist move and hits a crit...maul goes stealth and the whole team hits you lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    stealth doesn't protect you from getting hit, it only prevents you from being targeted. So yes, the follow up hits are supposed to land, just like AoE's land on stealthed characters.
    Curious though, do the follow up hits crit? They aren't supposed to crit if i've read the describtion correctly.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    stealth doesn't protect you from getting hit, it only prevents you from being targeted. So yes, the follow up hits are supposed to land, just like AoE's land on stealthed characters.
    Curious though, do the follow up hits crit? They aren't supposed to crit if i've read the describtion correctly.

As usual, Leef is 100% correct. You can always be hit while stealthed. He's also correct in that the assist should NOT be able to crit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @leef @Nikoms565 Thanks for the clarification!

• Options
    I don't know about the following hits being critical or not. Didn't notice this round of tests. Was too caught up wondering if it was supposed to happen at all lol. But I'll definitely be looking out for it next time.
  • Options
    Noticed something similar last night. Facing Leia, she targeted...hell I can't remember who. But knocked them below 50% health. RG's taunt kicks in, but leia got 2 additional attacks on the original toon (and killed it). Only thing that makes sense is it is still considered one turn for Leia, so the attack continues on the original target.
  • Blanco23
    44 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The thing is that is not one turn of Leia... Rember how it provoked tm gain by Rancor. It's a bug.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Noticed something similar last night. Facing Leia, she targeted...hell I can't remember who. But knocked them below 50% health. RG's taunt kicks in, but leia got 2 additional attacks on the original toon (and killed it). Only thing that makes sense is it is still considered one turn for Leia, so the attack continues on the original target.

correct
    Blanco23 wrote: »
    The thing is that is not one turn of Leia... Rember how it provoked tm gain by Rancor. It's a bug.

there's a difference between a turn and taking damage. The rancor gains 5% turnmeter whenever it takes damage. An assist attack is 1 turn, but grants the rancor TM both times it takes dmg.

Save water, drink champagne!