R1 Team Viable in new SWGOH world?

2Next

Replies

• scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Bamabb1 wrote: »
    Yea i had her as lead. So you use Wedge lead. Do you have Jyn's mods high in potency since she is not lead? I was using her as lead to give more potency then modded her for Crit chance to try and stack potency quick. Maybe I should switch and put more potency on her through Mods? Then put Wedge lead to be able to do more damage?

I gave her 24% potency. She will sometimes miss the first TMR on the pigs so i normally don't bother and use her AoE which if crits gets her to 54% potency right away and it just keeps building from there.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Taxman wrote: »
    I'm going full out for this.

Currently running Jyn (zL), chaze, cassian and SRP.

Want to run K2SO in place of SRP but I'm on apple so didn't get him for free.

I currently sit in top 20. I can generally get in top 10 for payout if I'm focused around that time but struggle to beat the top top teams.

I have only just moved to this team make-up though. I was running wiggs in place of cassian and SRP as I thought cassian would work much better with Jyn's leader skill (lots of exposes)

While I like the team and the strategy it allows, unless you get multiple exposes on a target it does lack the burst damage you need to get through other Chaze teams and I've had a couple of time out battles in the last couple of days. Obviously swapping SRP for K2 isn't going to help this so I'm a bit torn if I need to go back to Wiggs. I'll keep going for a while and it may be that I run wiggs against chaze teams but keep cassian/SRP/K2 for empire/sith teams (which I can beat quite easily)

If nothing else I like running something a bit different to everyone else, only seen one other Jyn lead on my shard.

SRP is way better than K-2.

I haven't used Srp but I don't see how Srp would be better than K2.
    K2 is constantly taunting, couter attacking, spreading offense down. With zeta jyn lead he will normally recover 10% protection every time he is attacked with a crit.

As mentioned above, K2's taunt has multiple counters, and there's always the chance he just won't attack, and then be ignored. Scarif's Taunt also hits them with O-down, and if he isn't cleansed (which, if you have Baze, you can get the AI to blow those on hin) or killed, he only has a turn untill he starts Taunting again, while giving your team more TM. K2 adds Daze and a Cassian synergy.

I might have to work on him to try it. K2 offense down on basic and constant self buffing to recover protection though is going to be hard to beat.
  • Options
    I tried Zeta Jyn lead with Chaze, Bistan and Cassian but was getting worse results than with Wedge lead, Chaze, Biggs and Jyn. My Jyn is 6*, Cassian and Chirrut 4*, Baze and Bistan 7*. All max gear except Cassian at G10. I have a 7* SRP at G10 too but my K2SO needs work.
    I need to do something about the Zeta Maul meta and really want to run Jyn lead though!
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I tried Zeta Jyn lead with Chaze, Bistan and Cassian but was getting worse results than with Wedge lead, Chaze, Biggs and Jyn. My Jyn is 6*, Cassian and Chirrut 4*, Baze and Bistan 7*. All max gear except Cassian at G10. I have a 7* SRP at G10 too but my K2SO needs work.
    I need to do something about the Zeta Maul meta and really want to run Jyn lead though!

They can definitely handle Zaul leads on offense.
    This guy forgot to omega Nihilus annihilate.
    https://youtu.be/5qvv-G9ieJQ

Definitely lose some battles along the way. Battling dodge ball teams will do that, but I win way more than I lose.
  • Options
    Good work! So I need to ignore Bistan and work on K2.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Good work! So I need to ignore Bistan and work on K2.

K2 I really like in the setup. Others have said Srp also works good but I don't have him ready to go.
  • Options
    My K2 is just 5* G8 at the moment (iOS!) but I'll get working on him. Thank you!
  • Options

Definitely lose some battles along the way. Battling dodge ball teams will do that, but I win way more than I lose.

@scuba Just curious. Is the R1 team still viable against Rex leader team like Rex(L) GK Chaze comps?
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    nimroad2 wrote: »

scuba Just curious. Is the R1 team still viable against Rex leader team like Rex(L) GK Chaze comps?

Since the speed 4x update I don't have an issue with them before I would time out.
  • Taxman
    75 posts Member
    Options
    I've recently swapped out maxed g11 SRP for a G9 6* K2S0 and I much prefer K2. His synergy with cassian and his constant healing of prot from Jyn's lead make him much better than SRP in my book.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    I was using Wiggs/Chaze+B2 and switched full R1 couple days ago. Couple things to watch out. #1 You need different mods under Jyn lead, more emphasis on +prot. #2 Jyn and Cassian are pretty squishy before good mods. Especially on Cassian, AI loves to target him.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    DrewR wrote: »
    I was using Wiggs/Chaze+B2 and switched full R1 couple days ago. Couple things to watch out. #1 You need different mods under Jyn lead, more emphasis on +prot. #2 Jyn and Cassian are pretty squishy before good mods. Especially on Cassian, AI loves to target him.

Yes heavy on the protection.
    I have K2 and Baze both with 3 protection primaries and some good secondary protections. Both are at about 54K protection.
  • Options
    scuba Just curious. Is the R1 team still viable against Rex leader team like Rex(L) GK Chaze comps?

Since the speed 4x update I don't have an issue with them before I would time out.

I was just wondering if the R1 team still works against three cleanser, two tenacity up, two tanks team since R1 team is relying on debuff a lot.

I have 7* Jyn, 6* Cassian/K2SO on my alt account. They are good against Empire/Sith team but not sure against Rex/GK/Chaze/BF team. The only dispeller in R1 team is Baze.
  • Options
    Definitely viable but you really got to work out speed and turn order, mods make the difference as well.
  • Options
    K2 is constantly taunting, couter attacking, spreading offense down.

Couter atttacking? K2 is one messed up droid. Who the heck programmed him?!?!

• scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

https://youtu.be/gC5XHTRHigU
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    So the dodge seems to be getting worse. So i have changed things up and put accuracy arrows on all but jyn now. I did manage to find accuarcy arrows with 4 or 5 speed on them so losing about 25 speed. I have no chance of out speeding them. However now I rarely miss.
  • Options
    So the dodge seems to be getting worse. So i have changed things up and put accuracy arrows on all but jyn now. I did manage to find accuarcy arrows with 4 or 5 speed on them so losing about 25 speed. I have no chance of out speeding them. However now I rarely miss.

Nice video!!! I definitely go with R1 team for my alt. It can be a counter against most meta team at this moment.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    So it is better to use +Accuracy than +SPD?
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    DrewR wrote: »
    So it is better to use +Accuracy than +SPD?

I have been having very good success with them. It was hard to pull the trigger but I haven't lost a zaul battle since.
    I can also still handle the Rex lead triple cleanse and wiggs chaze teams