New Player Wanting to Make sure I am starting right

I started playing this game last Monday and have been farming a bit as I played the last week. Currently I am level 44. I bought a couple of the starter packs, but don't want to spend a ton on the chromium cards.

Here are my current characters:
5*
  • Chewie (I was farming him in cantina battles, but am going to stop to farm GS) (Level 44, Gear Level 6, Skills at 3)
4*
  • HK-47 (Level 44, Gear Level 5, Skills at 2)
  • Jedi Consular (Level 44, Gear Level 5, Skills at 3) (Almost 5*)
  • Mace Windu (He seems like garbage) (Level 44, Gear Level 5, Skills at 1)
3*
  • IG-86 (Level 44, Gear Level 5, Skills at 2)
  • IG-88 (Level 44, Gear Level 5, , Skills at 2)
  • Jedi Knight Guardian (Level 44, Gear Level 4, , Skills at 1)
  • Luminara Unduli (Level 44, Gear Level 5, , Skills at 2-3)
  • Poe Dameron (Level 44, Gear Level 4, Skills at 1) (Unlocked today!)
  • Talia (Level 44, Gear Level 5, Skills at 1)
  • General Veers (Level 42, Gear Level 4, Skills at 1)
  • Stormtrooper Han (Level 42, Gear Level 42, Skills at 1)
  • Jawa (Level 28, Gear Level 2, Skills at 1)
2*
  • IG-100 MagnaGuard (Level 44, Gear Level 4, Skills at 1)
  • Clone Sergeant (Level 19, Gear Level 2, Skills at 1)
  • Mob Enforcer (Level 1, Gear Level 1, Skills at 1)
  • Royal Guard (Level 42, Gear Level 3, Skills at 1)
1*
  • Nightsister Initiate (Level 1, Gear Level 1, Skills at 1)
  • Snowtrooper (Level 19, Gear Level 2, Skills at 1)
  • Ewok Scout (Level 22, Gear Level 1, Skills at 3)

My Current Plan: Get Each to 7* before moving on to next
  • Arena Shipments: Sid(55/80) --> HK-47-->IG-88-->?
  • Farming Cantina: GS --> JC --> Bariss --> Chewie --> Talia --> ?
  • Cantina Shipment: Poe --> Qui-Gon --> Old Daka --> ?
  • War Shipments --> Luminara Undull --> Poggle --> IG-86 --> Phasma
  • Farming Hard Mode(Currently JC, Luminara, Chewie, IG-86)

Arena
I am currently hovering between rank 15 and 3 on my server using the following: HK-47 (leader), IG-86, IG-88, Chewie, JC. I am still doing good with this build, but starting to struggle some because I am not focusing on 7 staring my arena team.

Galactic War
I am currently using my arena team for war and doing pretty good. I have beaten it the three days I have it unlocked.

Cantina
I am using my arena team and this is pretty hard. I'm not sure what to swap out.

Light Side
Current Team: Chewie, Luminara, JC, Mace Windu, Jedi Guardian. I am really temped by the $50.00 pack that includes Bariss, but haven't bought it yet. She is farmable in cantina later. I am able to do level 5, but I have trouble with auto-battle. (Stuck on a level 4 Hard, grinding through 5)

Dark Side
Current Team: HK-47, IG-86, IG-88, IG-100, Talia. I am stuck on some of the Stuck on some Level 4 Hards atm. I will probably replace IG-100 with Sid when he is unlocked.

Challenges
I am doing well on all the challenges except for the one that requires All Attackers or All Heal / Support. I am not sure I have the resources to invest in characters to have 5 good characters for each one.

Questions
  1. Does my unlocking order seem reasonable? If not, what would you suggest changing?
  2. I am currently using 2 (300 crystal) refreshes a day on Cantina and 6 Refreshes (450 crystal) a day of ordinary energy. Is this a waste of crystal? Should I be spending it on Chromium Packs instead? One nice thing is that doing this is keeping me out-leveled slightly on my server.
  3. Is the $50.00 pack with Barris worth buying? The other characters look like garbage and Barris is farmable in Cantina later. Would it be better to spend money on normal shards (If I decide to spend more money).
  4. How high should Sid / Luminari / Poe / GS be before I change my arena team up? What would you swap when I do? I was thinking... for a week to keep my same team, then swap to Poe, Sid, IG-86, Lum, JC. In a month or two I would run Poe, Sid, Poogle, IG-86, HK-47... Not sure though...
  5. What will be a good galactic war team once I get Sid unlocked and Luminari leveled up?
  6. What will a good cantina team be with the characters I am leveling up?
  7. Light Team? (Mine kind of sucks atm)
  8. Dark Team? (Mine kind of sucks)
  9. How can you complete the Gear Challenges at your current level? They currently seem impossible without spending a ton of resources leveling characters I will probably never use.

Thanks for your input!
- Jerich

Replies

• Options
    I've had a drink so am struggling to reply but your arena team of droids is def strong. Jc replaced with Lumi and chewy replaced in the future with someone like Poe and you'll be v hard to beat
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply!:)

One more question... Should I be farming Dakka or QGJ before Poe from Cantina considering Poe may get nerfed?
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum!

The above posters are correct in their comments!
  • YGB
    11 posts Member
    Options
    1. unlocking order seems pretty good; i think in cantina because chewie is already 5* you shouldn't waste energy on him as he seems pretty much the same to me between 5* and 7* (besides more health & defense); other than that all your choices for getting new characters seem reasonable.
    2. no that is not a waste of crystals it's actually smarter than buying chromium packs as you can do several runs with each refill.
    3. i'm not sure but from what i've seen from her i wouldn't spend that $50.
    5. sid, lumi, chewie, ig 86, and jc
  • Options
    You have the makings of a good Droid Poe Poggle team.
    Suggestion: Drop the wookie, and the magna guard.
    Get on the Poe bandwagon.
  • Options
    You seem to have it all sorted, agreed stop farming chewie, I'd farm Dooku and Rey on hard nodes instead. Re Cantina shipments I have the same undecided dilemma
    Roger roger
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Focus on the 86, 88 and grab Poe and eventually Poggle. Then come back to HK.

QGJ is amazing, but doesn't have as much of a place in a droid team, since Poggle (for droids) is better and they both offer the same buff
  • Poney
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1/ No. IMO from farming cantina JC --> GS --> Kylo --> Doku. Nnn talia chewi, they fall on highter lvl. I would only go for bariss if you don't want to star up JC. Most of ppl won't tell you to gear and waste ressource on him but he is amasing in GW. Yes you can do fine without or keep him at 4* but this is really confortable to got him high (and he's easy to gear up to XVIII)
    Cantina shipement : Daka 4/5* --> QGJ 7* --> finish Daka --> FOO/Five. Reason of this ordre because IMO Daka is worth to get early, easy GW with Lumi(L) JC Daka X Y and also really usefull in DS mission/challenges. Other good thing to say is she isn't awesome in arena but you can have some good suprises with stuns/revive. DAKA CAN ALSO STUN POE. About Poe just let him, the time you star him up he will be nerf. Maybe he won't be but that would suprise me...
    GW shipments : just 86 before poggle and yes Lumi first.
    Hard mod : only one toon. I would only advice Doku cauz you can start to farm him early. And you know everyone will use THE FREE TO PLAY QGJ so i'm almost sure to invest'in DOKU is a safe thing to do : natural counter (btw he can also STUN OLD BEN).
    No other stuff exept Doku from hard mod (until FOTP ?) save energy to gear up.

2/ I find you doing well, the best thing to do with crystals is to refresh, especially if you just start the game, that will allow you to catch up. Chromium packs only if you will spend ~500. If not don't.

3/ Don't do that, IMO waste of money. JC is all what you need

4/ You have time to think about what exactly you wanna build, and till 70, it may change. Sure thing is you can't **** up putting time/ressources in Sid/Lumi/GS/Phasma/QGJ.

5/ Lumi(L) JC Daka Sid Random. 3 healers, low dps, probably a bit long but a safe choice (you won't retreat 10 times in a row).

6/ The point is droid team without Poe sux cause 86-88-GS will get destroy. You can gamble and star up Poe, but I would'nt do that if I was you.
    HK47(L) 86 88 Poe Poggle.

7-8/ Don't focus on that

9/ I geared/level up trash toons like Talia Chewie and other crap chars till 45 to be able to finish daily challenge. It's worth to do. All rewards from challenge are a must have. You should focus on this and GW for the 2 first things to complete in this game.

Done, sorry for the long text and for the poor english. French ppl sux in it you know :d

What I said above is just what I thing from my experience but I don't know everything ofc.