Crazy RNG in GW opponents??

Hey guys. Been playing for about 6 weeks and have been doing OK. However...I'm getting demoralised with the seemingly nonsensical RNG the AI uses to populate the GW chart. Some days it seems to be a pretty smooth ride across the galaxy but on others I'll get lumbered with a team five or six levels above me halfway across the board. This team usually one shot mine in one round. When (or more accurately IF) I get past this hurdle I'm facing teams up to ten levels below me until the end. This doesn't make sense to me. Does every one have the same issue? I'm fine with the progression it would seem to make more sense to be facing people with far more powerful teams at the end of the fight, rather than being annihilated 4 battles in!!

Replies

• Options
    I had this issue yesterday... on the third battle I faced a squad 8/9 levels ahead of me at 46 which hurt my squad so badly I could only manage a couple more afterwards. It was only my second GW as well... is it a regular occurrence?
  • Options
    It seems like a crapshoot. I breezed through Galactic today with one team and no resets. Some days I get stuck 4-5 teams before the end on a ridiculous lineup several levels above me. Ideally you need B and C scrub teams to soak up abilities and maybe take out 1-2 characters to make these roadblocks manageable.
  • Options
    Battles 6-10 are almost always harder for me than battles 11 & 12. I think it's intentional, maybe they figure you will have burned through some of your roster and are entering your reserve characters by the time you reach the end.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Agreed, the difficulty and level of heroes you face about 1/2 through GW has been ridiculously increased. I also get about 1/2 the turns as the other team due to RNG
  • PandaLittlewood
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's gotten worse since theye patched the reset cheat I think. Today I had a full team of level 60`s for battle 8 yet battle 12 were a weak team of 51`s!! I did it...(I suicided my entire "second" team to take out one of theirs as this still works) but it still makes little sense!!! Thanks for replies though. I was convinced it was just me!!
  • PandaLittlewood
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Today I had a team 5 levels above me for battle 8 and used all my fodder toons. Battle 9 the team were 8 levels above me. Wankers!!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I'm level 61, my second match up was vs a 67 fully geared out, would have hated to see the match up after that, didn't get a chance though
  • Options
    Today (at level 61) battle 6 was full 61s which I managed. Battle 7 was full 63s which I scraped through. Battle 8 was full 71s. Wankers...
  • Options
    That halfway point is impossible Ive tried every strategy suggest and I can rarely get a shot off. Why am I getting matched with people ranked 6+ levels above me with geared out full/almost full star characters? This isn't fun anymore.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree with you completely. There was a brief period about a week back where it felt just right. Failing on the last battle after trying everything...I don't mind that. But now? Rngsus hates me!! :)
  • Options
    Yeah RNG is nightmare today
    AI Phasma and Dooku loves to bonus attack me :/
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50