1 Year Hiatus

Prev1
As the title suggests, I've been away from the game for a year and I'm playing catch up. I'm open to suggestions on who to farm and stuff like that. And I'll accept any kind of advice! Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/u/eenergwnok/collection/

Replies

• Options
    You might want to consider starting over with how behind you will be in your arena shard, but as it looks, Wedge and Biggs are good to upgrade. Keep going with TFP too. Teebo maybe for the rancor raid.
  • Options
    You could start farm toons like Super battle droid, Tie Fighter Pilot, Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine, Jawa engineer, Anakin,Rex ,Fives, Sun Fac, Kylo Ren, Aayla Secura, or Shoretrooper
    Most of those can be easily farmed except maybe the Emperor (you need 5 good rebels for that) and Shoretrooper (very hard node to farm).
    Looking at your toons I would recommend getting the Emperor when his event comes around and leveling up your Tie Fighter Pilot. You could then use my arena team set up of Emperor lead/Vader/Boba/Tie Fighter Pilot/stormtrooper han (later replace with shoretrooper).

Hope that helps.
    Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you!
  • Options
    You might want to consider starting over with how behind you will be in your arena shard, but as it looks, Wedge and Biggs are good to upgrade. Keep going with TFP too. Teebo maybe for the rancor raid.

Yeah I'm struggling in arena. I was way behind but managed to hold TOP 1000 for a few days now (I know it's not much but beggars can't be chosers haha) yes working on them as much as I can so I can at least progress a little bit more in the game. Thanks!
  • Options
    You could start farm toons like Super battle droid, Tie Fighter Pilot, Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine, Jawa engineer, Anakin,Rex ,Fives, Sun Fac, Kylo Ren, Aayla Secura, or Shoretrooper
    Most of those can be easily farmed except maybe the Emperor (you need 5 good rebels for that) and Shoretrooper (very hard node to farm).
    Looking at your toons I would recommend getting the Emperor when his event comes around and leveling up your Tie Fighter Pilot. You could then use my arena team set up of Emperor lead/Vader/Boba/Tie Fighter Pilot/stormtrooper han (later replace with shoretrooper).

Hope that helps.

Yes that helps thanks a lot man. I do abit of reading and yes those are the toons that I'm working on currently. It's a slowness process though. It's a lot of work to salvage my account but I'm willing to put in the hours haha. A question though. Should I focus on getting ship shards in fleet shipments or maul/Rex shards?
  • Options
    This thread will get filled with suggestions to start over.
  • Options
    This thread will get filled with suggestions to start over.

Haha yeah I reckon so but what I'm looking for is that few constructive criticism that would point me to the right direction...

Well okay maybe I'll just start over.
  • Options
    EenerGwnok wrote: »

Hope that helps.

Yes that helps thanks a lot man. I do abit of reading and yes those are the toons that I'm working on currently. It's a slowness process though. It's a lot of work to salvage my account but I'm willing to put in the hours haha. A question though. Should I focus on getting ship shards in fleet shipments or maul/Rex shards?
    Get maul rex shards
  • Options

Hope that helps.

Get maul rex shards

Roger that!
  • Options
    I started over in January and I'm already level 75 with a great guild and top 3 in arena. Much better and easier to progress than finishing top 1000 with no meta toons imo
  • Options
    I started over in January and I'm already level 75 with a great guild and top 3 in arena. Much better and easier to progress than finishing top 1000 with no meta toons imo

You have certainly crush every hope I have left to salvage my account hahaha. But yeah I'll think about it. It's probably for the best lol
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    You need Gamorrean Guard or tusken if you wanna keep up with the meta!
    @Taco
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

You have certainly crush every hope I have left to salvage my account hahaha. But yeah I'll think about it. It's probably for the best lol

The problem is not the diversity of the toons and the quality of a roster in arena. The biggest damage dimension of grinding in this game to stay competitive are mods: one gear level can give you up to +12 speed, which can be achieved with half of an insane mods. You are practically 8 months behind your arena opponent on this perticular dimension.

If you want to come back to top 50, I suppose 2/3 months will be necessary, but is practically impossible to overcome the last bit of speed of the top 10 I suppose.
  • Options
    As the title suggests, I've been away from the game for a year and I'm playing catch up. I'm open to suggestions on who to farm and stuff like that. And I'll accept any kind of advice! Thanks!

1 year? U kiddin.. 6* vader. U must have been p20 as ****
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    No point starting over, arena is just an illusion. Gotta spend a bunch of crystals to get to top of arena, just so you can get more crystals and farm stuff faster. Why do you need to farms stuff faster? To be top of arena of course. Really silly logic, just play at your own pace and enjoy the game for what it is. Ignore the mentality of people who think they need to be able to farm stuff fastest, just so they can enable themselves to farm stuff fastest. It's all meaningless in the end.
  • Magulama
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    No point starting over, arena is just an illusion. Gotta spend a bunch of crystals to get to top of arena, just so you can get more crystals and farm stuff faster. Why do you need to farms stuff faster? To be top of arena of course. Really silly logic, just play at your own pace and enjoy the game for what it is. Ignore the mentality of people who think they need to be able to farm stuff fastest, just so they can enable themselves to farm stuff fastest. It's all meaningless in the end.

@Olga

If the OP would like to be competitive in any form within this game, the suggestion of starting over makes absolute sense, his new account would be further advanced than the old one within quite a small time frame.
    Your nihilistic comment of "It's all meaningless in the end" can literally be applied to all facets of humans life.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Competitive at what? The only competition in this game is who is the biggest fattest whale.
  • Options
    Competitive at what? The only competition in this game is who is the biggest fattest whale.

@olga

I disagree, especially in the arena clever planning and focus can easily lead to the top spots for F2P and light spenders.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    I don't believe starting over is the play here. You already have 9 7* characters. Close to several more. See if you can get in a good guild that's doing heroics that'll allow you to tag along while you catch up. This way you can start the road to Han and GK. (Most importantly GK)

You have the scoundrels for credit heist. You have the rebels for palp. You have unlocked all the new sith- who knows how or when you'll be able to get them if you reroll.

I'd say continue on with boba and focus on B2 and Rex from their respective spots. Add this to what you have and you can mish mash your way into the top 100-50 of arena. At that point you'd have reliable resources daily that will allow you to shift with the next meta.

I see mods being your biggest obstacle. But they would be a huge obstacle if you started over as well.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    What kind of planning would you recommend? Bear in mind, we're seeing new characters released every month, and for an F2P player, by the time they achieve your plan, the whole meta will most likely have changed. The only real plan that works is 'stay ahead of the FOTM curve'.

Well each to their own, but I find it too stressful trying to maintain a high rank against whales and what appears to be skewed numbers, when in the end the only benefit of maintaining a high rank is that it makes it easier to maintain a high rank. Sure if you're a person that needs to farm and gear every character ASAP, then you're going to want a higher rank, but it's not necessary.
  • Options
    What kind of planning would you recommend? Bear in mind, we're seeing new characters released every month, and for an F2P player, by the time they achieve your plan, the whole meta will most likely have changed. The only real plan that works is 'stay ahead of the FOTM curve'.

Well each to their own, but I find it too stressful trying to maintain a high rank against whales and what appears to be skewed numbers, when in the end the only benefit of maintaining a high rank is that it makes it easier to maintain a high rank. Sure if you're a person that needs to farm and gear every character ASAP, then you're going to want a higher rank, but it's not necessary.

@Olga

Lets agree to disagree https://swgoh.gg/u/magulama/

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Faff2D2 wrote: »
    I don't believe starting over is the play here. You already have 9 7* characters. Close to several more. See if you can get in a good guild that's doing heroics that'll allow you to tag along while you catch up. This way you can start the road to Han and GK. (Most importantly GK)

You have the scoundrels for credit heist. You have the rebels for palp. You have unlocked all the new sith- who knows how or when you'll be able to get them if you reroll.

I'd say continue on with boba and focus on B2 and Rex from their respective spots. Add this to what you have and you can mish mash your way into the top 100-50 of arena. At that point you'd have reliable resources daily that will allow you to shift with the next meta.

I see mods being your biggest obstacle. But they would be a huge obstacle if you started over as well.

Who cares about 7*? What matters is gear level and mods. Showing attitude, good farming strategy and competitive arena ranking will get you a spot in a Tier I guild.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    You need Gamorrean Guard or tusken if you wanna keep up with the meta!
    @Taco

Exactly right
  • JayNyxx
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Well it's pretty much like this. If you want to be competitive in Arena in any reasonable time frame, starting again would be the easiest option. I took a 7-8 month hiatus and came back in November and started again and haven't looked back since.

HOWEVER, you don't have to. Contrary to what others may tell you CAN be competitive in Arena despite your hiatus. It's just going to take a VERY long time and you'll need to be on this game like its your day job. No skipping anything. If you're back for good this time, then you might be able to make something of your current account.

Personally, I'd recommend starting again, as I was in your position a couple of months ago and it has revitalized my passion for the game. But I do recognize that it might not be for everyone. And your roster isn't terrible as it is so you could find a guild.

If you do decide to keep your account, I would go down this route. Find a guild ASAP. Doesn't have to be a tier 1 guild immediately but just somewhere to help you get raid gear for a while.

Get Palpatine, who is coming next week. Buy the Darth Maul pack and start farming him. Continue to gear your Vader up and get his last star (he's farmable in ship shipments) Finish gearing and starring Tie Fighter Pilot & Royal Guard. Also, FINISH BOBA FETT. He got a rework and he's a demi god now. He is an absolute must for you.

If you wanna spend money, I'd recommended getting Shoretrooper or Baze Malbus. Both are incredibly amazing tanks. Shore will work better in an empire squad and is viable at 4* Once TFP is done, I would focus all of my cantina energy and refreshes into Mods. THEY ARE ESSENTIAL in the game. You'll probably just want to go for health mods until you can flesh out your roster. Work on the 5* mods and speed is everything for the most part. (except tanks..... they'll need protection)

Once that is all done, you should have a good arena team ready consisting of Palp (L), Vader, TFP, Boba & RG. That should help you get decently far in Arena. For the rancor raid, get Teebo (in GW shipments). He's really good there. Droids, Jedi, Clones and Jawas are good for the AAT raid. You already have some Jedi so you could finish them off after your arena squad is ready. Yoda will be back next month so you could 7* him.

After you finish Arena and Raid teams, you'll need to work on your ships. You need them to get Zeta mats (which basically give select characters broken abilities) I told you farm Darth Maul because his Zeta is arguably the best in the game right now (if you look at your top 10 in Arena you'll see him a lot) To get Zeta's you'll need eight five star darkside ships and a five star Executrix (Grand Moff Tarkin's fleet ship) but that's not terribly close right now so you can research it more at a later date.

I'm probably missing some things but this is just a general plan.
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    Options
    +1 @Olga
    I think it is not a good idea to start over.
    1. What if after few months have to stop again for a while - then start again?!? - this means you will always be lvl60.
    2. it is still a luck to start and to be in new shard - you can start at place 1000 - it is same. or maybe will restart again?!?
    3. With current release cadence - few new toons every month - anyway you will not be able to be competitive as F2P
    4. Keep farming and improve you roster - with every new toon released we got rework for old - so at the end deep roster is rewarded...
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Who cares about 7*? What matters is gear level and mods. Showing attitude, good farming strategy and competitive arena ranking will get you a spot in a Tier I guild.

If he doesn't have any 7* chars a heroic guild would do him no good because he couldn't even post a 0 to get rewards.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

If he doesn't have any 7* chars a heroic guild would do him no good because he couldn't even post a 0 to get rewards.

You need 30 days to get 2/3 7*.
  • Options

The problem is not the diversity of the toons and the quality of a roster in arena. The biggest damage dimension of grinding in this game to stay competitive are mods: one gear level can give you up to +12 speed, which can be achieved with half of an insane mods. You are practically 8 months behind your arena opponent on this perticular dimension.

If you want to come back to top 50, I suppose 2/3 months will be necessary, but is practically impossible to overcome the last bit of speed of the top 10 I suppose.

Yeah I know it'll be hard to climb the arena ranking again and maybe that has caused me to not be too overly competitive in this game? But I would take the highest ranking I can get so as to get as much arena tokens/crystals as possible so I can be better at farming for more toons.
  • Options
    AbyssalH wrote: »

1 year? U kiddin.. 6* vader. U must have been p20 as ****

Haha never was p2p. When I started out (nov 2015) I did bought Jedi packs cos I didn't know what I was doing. But that's about it. I did not spend anymore money since. I stopped playing on jan 2016 and restarted again on jan this year. So I have been grinding it for the past few months which is why I'm able to 6* my Vader. Strictly f2p now!
  • Options
    Magulama wrote: »

@Olga

Lets agree to disagree https://swgoh.gg/u/magulama/

@Olga @Magulama hey thanks for your input guys. Just to clarify, i don't think I'll be overly competitive in arena. I would love to be but with my current roster, I'm far from that. I'd take the highest ranking I can get and work on it. Hopefully with new toons and working on the ones that I already have, I will be able to climb the rankings slowly. I know what I'm getting myself into by sticking to this account! It'll take me a very Long time to reach even TOP 100 but I Guess that's what I have to do. Thanks again guys!
  • EenerGwnok
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

You need 30 days to get 2/3 7*.

@Faff2D2 @Neo2551 thanks for the suggestions guys but yes I'm aiming to 7* a lot of my toons. That is if they can be farmed. I know it's not as good as gear levels but I Guess it will help me a lot if I have more 7* toons. I'm also working on gearing up my rosters but raid gears are hard to come by. For the past 2 months that I have been playing again, I only managed to get 1 fully crafted raid gear. Every other raid rewards have been salvages and stuff like that. And for now it's impossible to get TOP 10 in my guild raid rankings with my roster so I'm working on my raid teams now.