Physical damage question

Lowkey
47 posts Member
I feel like i am missing something in how this is calculated. I am zetaing kylo next but I've been disappointed with the damage he deals and wondering what i need to change. He is fully geared, and 1 shard from 7 star. His physical damage stat is 3048 with armor penetration of 68, and yet he hits for only about 3-4k damage on a non-crit. My wedge by comparison is 2704 physical damage, 34 armor penetration and yet hits for 10k+ non crit. What am i missing? What do i need to try to bump with my mods? Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Kylo does lots of damage... give Kylo crit damage and critical chance and He'll be doing way better
  • Lowkey
    47 posts Member
    Options
    That's certainly true and a good idea, but I'm still puzzled as to the mechanics of why he isn't already doing more damage than someone with lower stats?
  • Options
    Wedge gets +12% offense for each ally with full health through his unique and if you use wedge as lead, he gets +30% offense. That's why he hits harder in your example versus kylo.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JeffVader wrote: »
    Wedge gets +12% offense for each ally with full health through his unique and if you use wedge as lead, he gets +30% offense. That's why he hits harder in your example versus kylo.

What Jeff said. Wedge gets a ton of offense bonuses.

Plus, attacks are not one-to-one damage based on offense. Different abilities on the same toon havs different multipliers. If you look on the swgoh.gg mechanics, you will see something like, "deals xxx.xx% of physical damage" for any given ability.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Also the multipliers on the attacks:
    Kylo has 141.9% of physical damage.
    Wedge has 203.4% of his physical damage. (And can get 50% (multiplicative) more from defense down).
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Lowkey
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Of course, thanks jeff, silly of me to have missed that! Supercat, what are you referring to with multipliers? Thanks all.