Continue JC or start Kylo

Just got access to Kylo Ren node, should I continue starring up JC which is currently at 5* or should I start farming for Kylo? Whom I don't have.

Replies

• Options
    Geo Soldier? Easy farm and he is one of the top toons in the game with the level 70 cap.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    I suppose I should.
  • Options
    VastDeath wrote: »
    Just got access to Kylo Ren node, should I continue starring up JC which is currently at 5* or should I start farming for Kylo? Whom I don't have.

i got my Jc to 6* and stopped but i'm going to finish him once i get geo to 6* (very soon). Jc is hands down one of the most reliable players in the game. He has good/great dps, heals are awesome and TANKY! Like really tanky! Sometimes he's worth bringing in Arena and sometimes i bring Geo. He's great on defense too, since Poe resists most of the sid heal immunity.
  • Options
    Ya I think I will start working on Geo Soldier, I just haven't started, he's still 1*
  • Options
    I started on Geo, but with all the weird nerf talk of everything on the forums I have a hard time trusting anything anymore.

Seems everyday people scream about a new character to nerf. Right now, everyone is talking about GS being the best DPS, etc., which makes him a target.

It's getting harder and harder to want to invest in any toon if I'm only going to find out part way there (or, at the end of it all) that they are getting nerfed. "GRATS! You worked for 2+ months on that character! Guess what? He's USELESS NOW!"

I like Kylo. He is tanky and does some okay dps... I say 'okay' because that seems to be the only way anyone here doesn't cry nerf instantly.
  • Options
    VastDeath wrote: »

If you don't struggle with GW n pve u can work on Kylo

Jc is still limited for pve n GW, current meta still damage n speed focused for Arena
  • Options
    JC is a blessing in GW, get him to 6*, you will get Kylo next, but JC will allow you to get greater results in GW if he wont die in First few battles. I have 6* JC And works phenomenal
  • Options
    Never understood the need for JC when you got Lumi maxed out. Then again I also have Barriss at 6* so maybe I didn't need JC.
    Anyway I have 7* Kylo and he is a beast. His outtake (3rd skill) deals 10k dmg from time to time :)
    Currently working on Dooku since he is 5* atm on it's way to 6*. GS will be last, don't want to level him to find out he is being nerfed next update (not sure, just a feeling perhaps).
    Like @ThePedroKid mentioned, would sock to 7* him to find out he gets nerfed :p
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Just work on your favorite characters. That way, if they change a bunch of stuff in an effort to re-balance the game, at the very least you'll have spent shards on toons you like and won't be left with a toon you don't care about who isn't as good as he used to be.

However, if your lifelong ambition has been to obtain a Geo Soldier in a phone app, have at it.

Krey
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone had a lifelong ambition to get a Geo Soldier in a mobile spp, but I doubt anyone has said lifelong ambition to have Luke either. Would be a pretty smbitionless life
  • Options
    Krey wrote: »

However, if your lifelong ambition has been to obtain a Geo Soldier in a phone app, have at it.

Krey

Hahahaha. Life goals, baby!
  • Options
    I use JC for GW and 5* has been fine. Kylo doesn't really interest me so I'm farming JC and Luke until 6* each until I get level 69 and can farm dooku. If you have no problem with GW right now I'd say go for kylo if that's what you want but if you are struggling farm him some more.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys. Decided I'll keep farming JC until 6* at least, I'll decide what to do next when the time comes lol
  • Options
    Good decision. If you're not buying a lot of data cards and get most of your shards by earning instead of buying them in the long run it will benefit you more to focus on the players you already have. Unlocking enough characters to make a big difference in galactic war will take quite some time if not spending much money. It's fun to get new characters, but I have kylo and won't bother leveling him up until he's at least 5 star. As you continue to grow the characters you already have, they will already be 5-7 star, so just cause you unlock a character he may not be ready to use for quite a while. You may have to keep farming shards till he has enough starts to hold his own with the rest of your characters that are already 5-7 star. In my opinion much better to invest in characters you already have. Having said that it just depends on what your individual priority is. If moving up in sqad arena is most what you want, direct resources on your top 5-7 characters. If Galactic war is most what you want to do well in then ya, you're going to need as many characters as you can get your hands on, while still keeping your main 5-7 strong as possible.
  • Options
    I'd feel more comfortable with a 6* JC too. Those guys hit hard @65++
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    JC is easily replaced by, for example, lumi or daka (or both). Kylo is not bad, annoying, but not gamebreaker. Geo Soldier at this moment is just the best available node in Cantina. High HP, quite fast and hits like a truck
  • Options
    GW is easy for me currently, I pass it with just my A team and some suicide squads during the last 3 nodes just to ensure victory.

As much as everyone likes GS and how good he is, I just don't like him as a character lol I have a 5* Lumi I'm still working on but I like having two healers in my group.

As soon as I get Barriss, JC will be moved to my B team lol