Zaul speed

I'm going to get my first zeta in about 10 minutes. I'm pretty set on putting it on Maul. I have EP, Dooku, and Vader all g11, Sid and Maul g10. I'm worried that my speed isn't good enough to see much benefit over EP lead though. Sid and Dooku are about 170. Vader and EP are about 130, and Maul is at the base 94. I'm gearing up resistance to get speed mods because it seems less daunting than trying to farm secondary speed mods. Also, I'm plannng on usimg g11 kylo as essentially a pretaunter as the only non-sith without stealth at the beginning, then zeta him second in hopes that the opponent's first round will be wasted on his protection which will be regenerated as soon as he has a turn. Considering Nihilus as well once I get another couple gear levels on him. What are your thoughts? Will zeta on Maul have any immediate benefit?

Replies

• Options
    You have all those high geared toons and no secondary speed mods? Refresh and buy in mod shipments and do mod challenges for a month. You desperately need speed no matter the team :-)
  • Options
    To answer question: Maul zeta is really good in arena now and i would do it
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Wow you don't even have a single speed triangle?

I mean do whatever makes you happy but I'm not sure how you could make any team work without at least mediocre mods. On a positive note zeta maul will cause your sith to gain turn meter at the start of encounters and when they evade or are crit so that'll act as speed.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice all. I was a little late to the game understanding the importance of speed/secondary speed mods. When I realized the benefit the secondary mods could have, I excitedly purused through my collection, writing down the speed stats on each one. I put the best ones on EP to add a whopping... 16 speed... ugh. My speed primary mods are all one "star," and making a dent out of mod shipments seems like quite the grind at this point. Sadly, farming out of mod challenges seems the quickset route. You'd think I would have lucked into a few decent speed secondaries with how many mods i have... but just not the case. Again, genuinely appreciate you taking the time to comment.
  • Options
    Two refreshes a day every day on health mods challenge until you get some decent secondaries.

I did that on my alt account and ended up with some decent secondaries (9, 11, 12).

Whichever set bonus you pick, try to stick to just that one. It makes moving mods around much easier.
  • Options
    Nice, thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot. In the meantime, I did go ahead and spend the zeta on Maul after Tynnribbe's vote of confidence. Even with horrible speed it did get me to the point where I get at least Dooku and EP to go first, which is pretty useful, since I can stun and/or shock right off the bat. Thinking about subbing Sid for Vader. Climbed to 26 in my shard before running out of attempts. All in all pretty pleased.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Tynnribbe wrote: »
    You have all those high geared toons and no secondary speed mods? Refresh and buy in mod shipments and do mod challenges for a month. You desperately need speed no matter the team :-)

Not that easy. I've spent all energy farming mods for a few months and spent about 2000 crystals refreshing the mod shipments, and the best I've gotten so far is a +10 secondary. Every other speed secondary has stayed at its original speed throughout all the upgrades. Three out of four times, all possible increases went to defense rather than speed.