Minimum tenacity for Rex?

Hi what do you all think is hoood tenacity level for a rex lead? Mine is sitting at 70 odd % and I'm hesitant to throw him in as my lead vs all these sith and fast bobas. In your experience in arena what tenacity level have you modded your rexs to counter fast ability blockers?

Replies

• Options
    Rex doesn't need Tenacity if you make his speed as high as possible. Just pray TIE Pilot doesn't ability block which he never targets Rex in my experience anyways.
  • Options
    Rex doesn't need Tenacity if you make his speed as high as possible. Just pray TIE Pilot doesn't ability block which he never targets Rex in my experience anyways.

:) that's why I asked about tenacity as I can't get enough speed on my rex:( max I can get him is probably 200 tops as most of my speed is on boba and TFP. Even they're not great:/
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

:) that's why I asked about tenacity as I can't get enough speed on my rex:( max I can get him is probably 200 tops as most of my speed is on boba and TFP. Even they're not great:/

Ah okay. The thing about tenacity is potency often outdoes it as you may have noticed. I'd recommend getting Tenacity sets from mod challenges. 80 would be the ideal number.
  • SubzeeeDon
    736 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

Ah okay. The thing about tenacity is potency often outdoes it as you may have noticed. I'd recommend getting Tenacity sets from mod challenges. 80 would be the ideal number.

Yh figured lol with all the rampant potency monsters it's difficult. Tenacity mods along with some other secondaries need a huuge boost.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    It totally depends on the potency of your specific opponent. Nobody can give you a number because everyone is different. I have been told that tenacity is useless by people who are facing Palpatine led teams with potency in the 80-90% range not counting his leadership ability. So in that instance trying to get tenacity high enough to matter is a waste.

I however have faced a number of Boba's and TFP's optimized for speed at the expense of potency. Against their potency it the 40s my Kenobi with tenacity in the 70-80% range (depending on how I mod him) has definitely been effective.

Look at the opponent you need to beat. See what their potency is. Then do the math to figure out if you can get your tenacity high enough to be effective, and decide if that higher chance at resisting is worth sacrificing other stats for.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You need tenacity of 1,000,000 %..
    Sadly it is all rng.
    I had my gk with 126% and k2 with 100% tenacity and the opponents that were at maybe 40-50% tenacity resisted more then mine did.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I've always felt that tenacity was a worthless stat to invest in, the way it's calculated is skewed way too much in favor of potency
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    It totally depends on the potency of your specific opponent. Nobody can give you a number because everyone is different. I have been told that tenacity is useless by people who are facing Palpatine led teams with potency in the 80-90% range not counting his leadership ability. So in that instance trying to get tenacity high enough to matter is a waste.

I however have faced a number of Boba's and TFP's optimized for speed at the expense of potency. Against their potency it the 40s my Kenobi with tenacity in the 70-80% range (depending on how I mod him) has definitely been effective.

Look at the opponent you need to beat. See what their potency is. Then do the math to figure out if you can get your tenacity high enough to be effective, and decide if that higher chance at resisting is worth sacrificing other stats for.

Appreciate all the responses thanks

• Options
    My pretty much maxed out Boba has 63% potency with just a potency cross. Against that, anything below 78% tenacity is equivalent to 0 tenacity if I understand the equations correctly. If you can get him to ~113% tenacity you will resist Boba about 50% of the time, unless they are using potency sets or strong potency secondaries. Your best bet is probably to make Rex your lead and then hope any enemy TFP gets a couple crits and doesn't ability block him. And hope you aren't facing B2, that guy is such a pain.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    an insta taunter works well in combination with rex lead vs fast TFP's, unfortunately fast boba's still hurt.
    Save water, drink champagne!