Best healer?

Who do people think is the best healer? I find luminari is very powerful, hkwever old daka appears very good too thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Luminara is the best healer without question. Old Daka has a very weak heal so she's pretty much only good for revives.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Depends on the lineup. Dakka for Phasma and assist teams and Lumi for damage increase teams (Poggle and Sid)

Also, Dakka is a turn before Lumi and can't be stunned as easily by Dooku, which could make the difference.

Bariss also seems really nice and JC has the quickest cd for his heal. They'd be my runner ups
  • Options
    Lumi no question. Because her heal is incredibly potent, carrying over three rounds, but she is also a strong attacker besides. And her leader ability is a nice way to sustain your party in GW.

Daka is potent with her stun capability and resurrections, but isn't as all-around utilitarian - you'd have to build with her in mind and you're dependent on RNG to get the best results out of her.

• Options
    First of all, Luminara isn't a healer. Shes a Attacker, and overall. Bariss has the best heal ability. And she IS a healer..
  • Options
    Barris and Lumi
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Tiskilzz wrote: »
    First of all, Luminara isn't a healer. Shes a Attacker, and overall. Bariss has the best heal ability. And she IS a healer..

Bariss is terrible, it's a 0 damage char with a heal that cant heal effective vs aoe. Lumi's heal continue to heal 20% of characters hp for 2 turns and she has insane damage. Lumi is sickly OP cause you have the best healer without missing a good dps spot too.
  • Options
    Lumi isn
    CPMP wrote: »

Bariss is terrible, it's a 0 damage char with a heal that cant heal effective vs aoe. Lumi's heal continue to heal 20% of characters hp for 2 turns and she has insane damage. Lumi is sickly OP cause you have the best healer without missing a good dps spot too.

Lumi is a ATTACKER. Not a HEALER
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi isn

Lumi is a ATTACKER. Not a HEALER

In game labels are useless. Nightsister acolyte is a healer, and she can't heal at all. Lumi has the best healing skill, and she is the toon who fills better the healing role, regardless of her tag
  • Options

Barris isnt terrible, shes actually a game winner for some modes. you just hate low damage. i also hate low damage, but it doesnt stop me from using her as leader in GW and light side battles. and i never lose both of them. What makes her better for some fights than lumi is the opposite team. if they got sid and kylo, barris will be better. lumi won't prevent toons from die, barris do. in PvP i'll never use barris. but when you can abuse her heal and refresh it (like GW and LS battles), she overall better than the rest.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

if they got sid and kylo, barris will be better.

If they both AOE as first move, which is AI's favorite gameplay, then Bariss heal wont do much. And till 2nd turn you can nuke down sid if you have good dps (Lumi good dps too + self evasion + team evasion with small heal) If bariss gets ability blocked by dooku or someone else, she is just dead weight.
    Bariss is good only in special cases, when enemy focus you and puts healing debuff on you too and doesn't ability block you. And AI barely (if ever) does that.
    When i'm fighting enemy teams in GW (which most of them are 5levels higher and many stars higher, Lumi is serious threat, he can 1 shot my non tanky characters. On the other hand if i see baris, i leave her last so with her high hp i can refresh my heal cds on my Lumi and JC. But sadly, i barely see Bariss in GW.

• Options
    Ewok elder!
    Only kidding- It's Lumi, she can dish out 3-4k of healing to 5 members of your team each. Can any toons AoE beat that? Add her attacks and blocks and she's the Queen of this game.
    I find Daka v useful too though, her stuns are awesome. In a night sister team with Assaj speeding her up and Dooku- literally stunning!
  • Options
    Best healer is lumi
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand both arguments above about Barris and Lumi.
    In my opinion, Lumi is better healer even though she is categorized as an Attacker. If you look at function over labels, Lumi wins.

Barris is also excellent and if you have both on your team in GW, there aren't many fights you won't win. Her heal has limitations. If you use it when a lot of your team are low health it won't heal for much. The biggest advantage, though, is when facing Heal-blockers since her health averaging ability works through that.

I haven't used Ewok Elder so I can't put him in the placement but this is how I view healers in game so far:
    Lumi, Barris, JC, Daka, Talia, Ventress (her heal depends on opposing team having buffs so is unreliable)
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Barris is also excellent and if you have both on your team in GW, there aren't many fights you won't win.
    What I like about having both is you can use Barriss' heal early on to heal the character the AI has been focusing on and not give up much damage output. Then later on you can use Lumi's heal to heal everyone up and continue healing for the next couple rounds plus the heal you get from Barriss or Lumi's leader skill. If you throw in another high HP character then Barriss' heal gets better and can make a big difference with your lower HP attacker(s) even if you get hit with some AoE.

• Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lumi is the best. Her heal over time beats any other heal in the game.

Who cares if she is called an attacker, she is equally good at healing and damage. Her force blast has huge damage output and 100% ability block chance. And default attack is not too shabby. It's possible as damage amounts increase at higher levels her heal will become less effective.

Daka as a healer is just OK. She can revive as part of her heal but amount she is healing is very small.

Elder is a decent healer, but hard to star up, so I don't know how his healing output is at 7* max gear. His heal has a cleanse.

Barriss is primarily a single target healer (while Lumi is a group healer). Her single 'heal' is huge and can bypass immunity. However she has no damage output to speak of. If entire team is taking heavy damage due to aoes, Barriss is not as effective.

Talia is an OK healer but works best with another healer. She cannot effectively solo heal, at least not at lower levels. Her heal grants turn meter. But she sacrifices health, and having another healer to top her up is important. She works well with Daka.

JC is a very good healer that can spam the heal due to cooldowns reduction. But, the heal itself is not very large. He is a bit weaker on offence than Lumi, and heal is lower. But can actually heal every other turn.

Situational healers like Ahsoka, Akbar, Lobot, and Ventress can't be relied on, as their healing depends on buffs and debuffs. Akbar's heal is insane, if entire team is covered in debuffs (Sid plus Vader stuff), but if team has no debuffs he can't heal at all. Ahsoka can only heal on crit of her special.

My view (healing only): Lumi, Barriss, JC, Talia, Daka, Elder, Akbar, Lobot, Ventress, Ahsoka.
    Post edited by Lianara on
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    I can understand both arguments above about Barris and Lumi.
    In my opinion, Lumi is better healer even though she is categorized as an Attacker. If you look at function over labels, Lumi wins.

Barris is also excellent and if you have both on your team in GW, there aren't many fights you won't win. Her heal has limitations. If you use it when a lot of your team are low health it won't heal for much. The biggest advantage, though, is when facing Heal-blockers since her health averaging ability works through that.

I haven't used Ewok Elder so I can't put him in the placement but this is how I view healers in game so far:
    Lumi, Barris, JC, Daka, Talia, Ventress (her heal depends on opposing team having buffs so is unreliable)

I agree with all of this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is actually one place where they have done a pretty good job of balancing. (Well, I still think Barriss was overnerfed but never mind that.) They all have their places and uses. I'd rate them as follows:
    - Luminara: Overall best healer. Heals a ton of damage, has a "free" heal over time effect (very useful against ability blockers), a passive heal, evade leadership ability, her own ability block and hits hard in her own right. There's a reason she is everywhere and it's not just because she's easy to get.
    - Daka: Her actual heal is mediocre but she can revive people basically for free, which can turn games around. Her passive is also nice when it procs. But what really makes her shine is her speed and her stuns. She can get a heal in quickly against speed demon teams, even if it's not a lot. And the stuns? Better to prevent damage than try to recover from it.
    - Barriss: Now niche, she's superb in GW because of her HP boost, ability to save a character with heal block, and free healing on her main attack.
    - JC: His greatest strength is how often he can heal, and he can do a bit of damage too. He's secondary for me because I use Lumi, Daka and Barriss in various modes, but he's solid.
    - Talia: Everyone keeps telling me she's not as bad as I think she is, but every time I use her, I am reminded of how much I hate a healer that goes down in health rather than up when she does her thing. Her self-heal on main attack is too small. Niche only IMO.
    I can't rate Ewok Elder as I have no experience with him, but I've never been too impressed when facing him. A guaranteed revive is nice but I want my guys kept alive, not brought back. Some people really like him though.
    Characters like Ventress and Ahsoka are too slow and unreliable to be really thought of as more than "hey, nice bonus!". Though Ventress is great in GW where you can manipulate a fight so that her heal helps a lot.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

Incorrect.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    - Talia: Everyone keeps telling me she's not as bad as I think she is, but every time I use her, I am reminded of how much I hate a healer that goes down in health rather than up when she does her thing. Her self-heal on main attack is too small. Niche only IMO.
    Talia's heal is more difficult to use. You have to use it when the turn meter gain will get you the most and many times that means using it to allow another healer to act earlier. It's either that or you're sacrificing her to let everyone else go and take some toons out. She's more of a complement to other healers than a sole healer.

I'm not sure she's up to snuff for arena, but she can get you out of some sticky situations in GW, especially with how the retreat works.