Do Higher Levels have Higher Drop Rates of same gear?

If I need a bunch of purple salvage and I can get it on either a Level 5 (cost 8) stage or a Level 7 (cost 10) stage, does the higher level have a better chance to drop the purple piece? I assumed the chance was the same, so I always farmed the cheaper stage. But lately I think I've noticed more frequent drops on the higher cost stage. Is it my imagination?

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure, if this is helpful, but I have the feeling, there's a drop / energy kind of thing going on. For 120 energy i get around X - for example - cuffs. Whether I do 10 fights or 8 or 6.
  • Options
    If higher energy cost gave better drop rates everyone would only ever do hard nodes. All the gathered data I have seen indicates that drop rates are based on what is dropping and nothing else. The only reason to do a 10 energy node instead of an 8 energy node is if it also drops something else you want.
  • Options
    No.

Devs have confirmed it. If I remember right, their exact wording was the drop rates are identical but are entered individually per node so it is subject to human error.

No idea why some toons have multiple cantina nodes.
  • Options
    I tend to farm gear at higher levels in the hopes that it will drop a secondary piece of gear if I don't get the purple piece I want. I have never noticed an earlier mode dropping less than a later mode. I end up with bad RNG for both.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    No, the odds are the same across energy-cost levels.

But the higher-cost nodes have a better variety of gear and better credit/building material payouts. So they're generally better to do unless you need JUST the one thing from the lower-cost node.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I appreciate the crowd sourced wisdom.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    No.

Devs have confirmed it. If I remember right, their exact wording was the drop rates are identical but are entered individually per node so it is subject to human error.

No idea why some toons have multiple cantina nodes.

Because while the shard drop rate is the same the chances of the extras dropping, ability mats for example, goes up