Best Empire/Sith team?

I'm trying to build the best Empire/Sith team with what I've got. Currently I run Palp lead with Vader, Snowtrooper, RG, and Magmatrooper.

This is what I've got closest to squad ready:
Vader Lvl 10, 6*, 85
Snowtrooper Lvl 9, 7*, 85
Palp Lvl 10, 5*, 85
RG Lvl 8, 7*, 85
Magmatrooper Lvl 8, 7*, 85
Tarkin Lvl 8, 7*, 85

Needs more work:
Dooku Lvl 8, 7*, 70
Maul Lvl 8, 7*, 73
Sidious Lvl 7, 7*, 68

Also have:
Stormtrooper Lvl 6, 5*, 50
Veers Lvl 5, 5*, 45
TFP Lvl 6, 2*, 52
Death Trooper Lvl 5, 3*, 49
Krennic Lvl 4, 4*, 33
Nihilus Lvl 7, 4*, 51
Opress, Lvl 6, 4*, 50

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• Options
    If you can get nihilus to 7* then id make him the lead along with vader, RG, palpatine and whichever trooper you prefer. I used nihilus 3* as lead in arena a little while ago and im just impressed by him. Cant imagine how he is at 7*. I have him at G8, lvl 80, 3*.

In my opinion i think the key to a decent empire squad depends on debuffs (as well as gear and level). Like dooku and palpatines shock/stun, vaders DoT, Sidious's expose/DoT. From my experience once the enemy has like 3-7 debuffs each, they fall like dominoes lol.

The squad i ran was:

Nihilus (L)
    Vader
    Palpatine
    Dooku
    Savage

The squad i faced:

Wedge (L)
    Phasma
    Savage
    Biggs
    Lando

Killed the first 4 easily, nihilus insta-killed the 5th one.

Hope this helps :smile:
  • Options
    I appreciate the feedback. 7* Nihilus is too expensive until they make him farmable but I'm reading in a lot of places that he is viable at 4* and Lvl 11. Just have to build him up a bit
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    The only difference between a 7* and 4* Nihilus is 6k health. That's all. Nothing more. All the big spenders will tell you to get him to 7* to justify their 300 dollar splurge. If you take him to 7*, it's cause you wanna use him in heroic AAT for a 99 999 damage shot.
    I have him at 4* and he's rocking arena. In the top 5 for payout
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Now to actually answer the initial question.
    SITH
    - Maul zeta lead
    - D Nihilus
    - Sidious
    - EP
    - RG or B2 depending on who's upfront.

EMPIRE
    - Vader zeta lead
    - Shoretrooper
    - TFP
    - Sidious zeta
    - EP or Boba or Nihilus
  • Options
    I appreciate the feedback. 7* Nihilus is too expensive until they make him farmable but I'm reading in a lot of places that he is viable at 4* and Lvl 11. Just have to build him up a bit

As a F2P player, i agree. Though i will try to get him to 4 star, i need 10 shards. Boy i'll be **** if i spend 1300 crystals to get less than that, lol.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    More than viable.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jasfonz/
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    The only difference between a 7* and 4* Nihilus is 6k health. That's all. Nothing more. All the big spenders will tell you to get him to 7* to justify their 300 dollar splurge. If you take him to 7*, it's cause you wanna use him in heroic AAT for a 99 999 damage shot.
    I have him at 4* and he's rocking arena. In the top 5 for payout

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I have a solid direction and will definitely work on Nihilus now. How did you hear yours so quickly?
  • Options
    Gear not hear*
  • Options
    @JasFonz Any reason why you went with RG instead of Shoretrooper? Also, what's the benefit of a Sidious vs. a Vader?
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @JasFonz Any reason why you went with RG instead of Shoretrooper? Also, what's the benefit of a Sidious vs. a Vader?

hi there, well Shoretrooper is bad for a DM lead cause his crit immunity = no crit on sith hence they'll never stealth. Royal guard on a team of 4 Sith forces the opposite side to pick on him and you can't kill him in a round. If sidious gets low on health, he taunts.

Why not Vader? Even at 205 speed he's too slow. Sidious debuffs and exposes and runs at 232 speed. Unfortunately speed wins in this game.

I try and make sure Nihilus goes almost last so he can benefit from all the debuffs. I'll zeta sidious if I could and that would make him even stronger. Generally people will pick on him first. With a bit of luck, he'll dodge, he'll stealth and he'll survive a couple of rounds. Enough to help Nihilus reduce cool downs.

• Options

As a F2P player, i agree. Though i will try to get him to 4 star, i need 10 shards. Boy i'll be **** if i spend 1300 crystals to get less than that, lol.

Your know it is not 5 to 30 but 5 or 30? Chances if getting 30 are very slim.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Now to actually answer the initial question.
    SITH
    - Maul zeta lead
    - D Nihilus
    - Sidious
    - EP
    - RG or B2 depending on who's upfront.

EMPIRE
    - Vader zeta lead
    - Shoretrooper
    - TFP
    - Sidious zeta
    - EP or Boba or Nihilus

I agree 100% with your suggested Empire squad.

Sith...I agree w/ zMaul lead but the stealth synergy w/ Sith Assassin (and her kit) dictate she be a member of the squad.

zSavage being able to OHKO anyone below 50% health with an Assassin that ignores prot is also too strong to pass up. Plus, he is your cleanser.

4th and 5th spots r up 4 debate. EP and DN imo.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »

I agree 100% with your suggested Empire squad.

Sith...I agree w/ zMaul lead but the stealth synergy w/ Sith Assassin (and her kit) dictate she be a member of the squad.

zSavage being able to OHKO anyone below 50% health with an Assassin that ignores prot is also too strong to pass up. Plus, he is your cleanser.

Well I didn't bother with assassin cause I wasn't sure at what star level she becomes truely viable. I love the savage suggestion. I'm working on him as far as gear goes.
  • Options
    Im looking at Zaul, Kylo, Zidious, Emp, Nihilus. Any thoughts on that?
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Jizzaouse wrote: »
    Im looking at Zaul, Kylo, Zidious, Emp, Nihilus. Any thoughts on that?
    Well I for one think that a zeta kylo can cause a real headache. I'm gearing him up too. That way in 20 odd days I can pick the best option. Savage or Kylo. Him not being a Sith is great cause he won't stealth and he'll get picked on, making him faster n stronger. Win win.
  • Options
    How does this sound?

Darth Nihilus (L), Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett.
  • RedXVIISpence
    249 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have maxed gear 4* nihilus, 5* g11 sith assasin. Need 1 more zeta for Zaul.
    Will be running Zaul, sith assasin, nihilus, palp/savage/sid, and kylo.. Havent decided between palp, savage or sid tho. Palp is maxed, sid is g11, savage g10 almost g11. Will make sith assasin go first for that tm. Rg or even sth may go in for kylo depending on the battle.
  • RedXVIISpence
    249 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I never thought of the synergy with SA and savage tho.. Could work, my SA crits from around 20k with 2 buffs with her stun special.. I will likely shy away from nihilus lead just because i would have to completely start over with my modding to be effective... If i did run nihilus lead tho i would prolly zeta sid instead of maul
  • Options
    Dooku is sick under DN lead:

Counter - heal
    Multi-attack - heal heal

I had 3 heroes vs just him towards the end of an arena match...he owned me, and that was with similar power and gear level.