How to mod JKA (L) clone team?

I know this question has been asked and answered 100 times. I'm hoping someone will make it 101 times! The reason is because I have done a lot of research, and there seems to be different thoughts.

For instance: some say to put tenacity and health on 5's. Others say crit chance and crit damage. Still others say speed and potency.

Does anyone have practical experience with anakin lead with echo, Rex, 5's, and Cody...and would be willing to share what they have learned?

I greatly appreciate anyone willing to answer this question...for possibly the 101st time!

Replies

• JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you have Cody and all clones, then Cody with a Zeta is your lead without any hesitation, and you should prioritize +50% crit chance on all of them with crit damage.

If you want to use JKA anyway, a good way to do it is to maximize each toon main strength. Protection/potency/health for Fives, potency/speed on Rex and so on. I ran JKA/5's/Rex for a while in Arena and they served me well.
  • Options
    Tenacity on Rex, protection on fives, and speed on everyone else. Also put crit damage and chance on everyone. Rex's cleanse and tenacity up will protect everyone from negative status effects. Other than that you want everyone to just hit hard
  • Options
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    If you have Cody and all clones, then Cody with a Zeta is your lead without any hesitation, and you should prioritize +50% crit chance on all of them with crit damage.

If you want to use JKA anyway, a good way to do it is to maximize each toon main strength. Protection/potency/health for Fives, potency/speed on Rex and so on. I ran JKA/5's/Rex for a while in Arena and they served me well.

Thank you for your response. I didn't realize Cody would be a better lead. I have also heard that an all clone team isn't the best? My clone sgt will need significant work before I can use him. It would also be a long-range goal to zeta Cody. I'm still working on my first zeta, which I plan on putting on Vader.

My JKA will be my lead at least short term. He is already gear 11. My arena team is still the old dooku lead with RG. It has went from top 30 many months ago to not being able to stay top 200. I've been able to 7* (after I get enough credits) the clones since the introduction of ships, and I was hoping they could be my new top 30 team. I don't have shore trooper--or I would have went that route.

Thank you again for your time!

• Options
    Tenacity on Rex, protection on fives, and speed on everyone else. Also put crit damage and chance on everyone. Rex's cleanse and tenacity up will protect everyone from negative status effects. Other than that you want everyone to just hit hard

Do you think 4 speed mods on anyone would be worth it? I only have 3 mods with +30 speed, and 2 of those I bought in the mod shop! I have no luck with the arrows!

• Options
    You generally want rex and cody to be lightning fast - rex in particular. On offense, if you can get your rex going first - you can use squad D pre-emptively to protect your team and make your other 4 guys go first. It really gets the TM flowing hah.

On defense, if you're set on using anakin you can try to get the old AI trick to work for you. Set anakin's speed just above rex so anakin goes first with his aoe. A lot of times he will expose himself which will trigger the AI to use Rex's squad discipline first instead of subdue.

That all said, Cody zeta lead clones can do well in arena provided you aren't fighting chirrut/baze combos, or zeta bariss or zeta maul teams. It is a hopeless endeavor fighting those opponents. A zeta bariss could solo-timeout a full squad of clones lol.

Rex lead tends to be the most competitive and is even a solid counter to the old wiggs/lando meta as well as the new zeta maul meta.
  • JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A full clone squad is not suited for Arena. Too slow and no debuffs/tricks/blocks to apply on opponent.
    However a Zody full clone squad will make you top contributor on HAAT and make your daily GW last a couple of minutes only ;)
  • Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    You generally want rex and cody to be lightning fast - rex in particular. On offense, if you can get your rex going first - you can use squad D pre-emptively to protect your team and make your other 4 guys go first. It really gets the TM flowing hah.

On defense, if you're set on using anakin you can try to get the old AI trick to work for you. Set anakin's speed just above rex so anakin goes first with his aoe. A lot of times he will expose himself which will trigger the AI to use Rex's squad discipline first instead of subdue.

That all said, Cody zeta lead clones can do well in arena provided you aren't fighting chirrut/baze combos, or zeta bariss or zeta maul teams. It is a hopeless endeavor fighting those opponents. A zeta bariss could solo-timeout a full squad of clones lol.

Rex lead tends to be the most competitive and is even a solid counter to the old wiggs/lando meta as well as the new zeta maul meta.

So if I go Cody lead, can I skill have JKA on the clone team? Again, no sgt.

Or Rex lead, would that still be with a clone team? I just really want to be competitive again...right now I have dooku (l), JKA, QGJ, Rey, Lumi. I just subbed in lumi for RG. Team can't hold top 200.

Thanks for your time!

• Options
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    A full clone squad is not suited for Arena. Too slow and no debuffs/tricks/blocks to apply on opponent.
    However a Zody full clone squad will make you top contributor on HAAT and make your daily GW last a couple of minutes only ;)

Zody?

• Options
    If you roll Cody lead it's best to keep at least 4 clones on board so all 5 team members participate in 212th. I suppose rolling 4 clones + anakin on the back row would be an option.

I did a 2 week run in arena recently with Zeta Cody, Zeta Fives, Rex, and then either subbing in Echo + Boba or Sarge + Baze for the last 2 slots. It tore up the wiggs teams and had game against teams with a slower boba than mine since my ability block went out first. Other times Baze helped keep aggro off the clones for the first turn. Like I said above though, the clones CANNOT fight a team with zeta bariss. they will crit nearly all the time and all of their crits (other than sarge) are for less than the triggered heal. You cannot actually do damage to zariss and friends. You will not finish the battle lol.

I found teams with Chirrut/Baze to be almost impossible as well. Wins against them came from Boba executing toons stacked with debuffs. At no point did I have a winning record against Zeta Maul teams either. they are inherently immune to 212th, putting it on the full cooldown if you you target a Sith - and Daze sucks lol. So if you see these kind of teams DO NOT run Cody clones. You are not going to have fun lol.

I was able to remain in the top 20 but breaking top 10 was rare.

Rex lead on the other hand is significantly more competitive. Right this moment in my arena the top 11 teams are 9 zeta Maul and 2 Rex leads. Rex can still hang with the big boys since everyone loves critting so much. That said, neither my squad nor the other rex team runs any other clones lol. If you plan to run Rex lead, I can't imagine keeping more clones than maybe Fives or Sarge (and you'd keep them only because you like them ;). The number of clones doesn't matter under rex like it does Cody.

TL;DR If you want to move up in arena and its filled with zeta bariss, chirrut/baze, and zeta maul, go Rex lead instead of cody.

As for the heroic tank raid, Zeta Cody, echo, fives, sarge, and your choice of leia, ewok elder, or IGD as a fifth instead of rex will put up some awesome damage numbers.
  • Options
    Hey man I'm a hardcore clone lover. I'm using Rex as my lead with 5s, echo, sarge, and Cody.

My current strategy is
    Speed mods on Rex, trying to find ones that boost offense and defense. as well as crit Damage mods

Fives I stack health and Defense mods, again using their boosts as offense, and protection.

Echo, I stack crit chance and damage, trying to add as much protection as I can ontop of that.

Sarge, I build crit damage as my focus with offense and protection buffs

Cody, I'm using crit chance and damage on him with focuses on offense and protection.

With rex as my lead and the speed buffs I generally get first move where I buff my whole team and max them out to strike first, hopefully knocking any Emperor's or Rey's out before they do serious harm. tenacity helps all the time.

I've got all my clones to 7* and nearly maxed out in gear levels and they range 2-4k damage but they get A LOT of attacks. and I'm currently saving up for cody's Zeta ability but am still on the fence about losing the turn meter bonuses.as of writing this I'm comfortably sitting at arena 200-150. hating Wiggs and imperial guards all the while.
  • Options
    Fives has a Zeta. If you don't Zeta him, put speed and potency mods. Otherwise, due to the TM gain in the Zeta, health/protection and potency would be best
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • CF_Jedi1234
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For Echo, go speed tenacity Offense
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Options
    For Echo, go speed tenacity Offense mods
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Options
    For Rex, go all out offense