Am I the only one that absolutely HATES this 4x Speed in Arena??

Prev134
Tjbear02
354 posts Member
edited March 2017
Other than GW, this 4x crap is really irritating the hell out of me. I rank top 10 in ships and #1 or #2 every day in ship arena and regular arena, and it is SO MUCH HARDER now that people can beat you in less than 30 seconds. It is so annoying now, because you have to attack them with like 5 minutes and 20 seconds or less now (for regular arena), and they can easily just lock themselves while you are waiting to attack them. It is really annoying, and it is my least favorite of this update. In GW it is amazing, but man.. I don't enjoy this at all
Edit: Raids, GW, and ship arena is fine, but it is mainly just regular arena I am concerned about
Post edited by Tjbear02 on

Replies

• Options
    Yes, just you. :)
  • Options
    Yes, just you. :)

What do you rank in arena
  • Options
    So, don't put it in yours, use normal ;)
  • Options
    yup look like just you.

4X speed is my favorite of the Qol changes
  • Options
    Definitely just you
  • Options
    Easy solution. Don't use it.
  • Options
    TL;DR

If you read the whole thing, OP is complaining about the crunch in Arena at the last minute, so "don't use it" isn't an option. Frustrating, but it's always been like this, just maybe a bit more annoying now.

You can't always get what you want. I'm willing to accept that minor annoyance for the joy of getting thru GW in less than 10 minutes. :joy:
  • BoxandthefuzzReturns
    273 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't like it either. It was an advantage being able to win fast in ships. There's people winning battles they couldn't before. Not a fan.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Heaven forbid people can actually finish battles
  • Options
    Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Other than GW, this 4x **** is really irritating the hell out of me. I rank top 10 in ships and #1 or #2 every day in ship arena and regular arena, and it is SO MUCH HARDER now that people can beat you in less than 30 seconds. It is so annoying now, because you have to attack them with like 5 minutes and 20 seconds or less now (for regular arena), and they can easily just lock themselves while you are waiting to attack them. It is really annoying, and it is my least favorite of this update. In GW it is amazing, but man.. I don't enjoy this at all
    I can't relate because I'm not a top ranked arena player, but I think I understand your complaint. You're concerned about your reward payout, and this patch is making it harder for you to guarantee that you hold the #1 spot long enough to get the reward for it.

For thpse of us who are just floating around in the middle of the pack, trying to pad our win totals for achievements, and simply not get pushed out of a fairly wide reward tier... we're just happy to not spend 5 minutes fighting to a draw against the last surviving character from some nonsensical low-damage team that isn't even capable of scoring a kill.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Heaven forbid there be an update everyone likes unanimously....
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Definitely just you

This.
    This is a signature.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Lol I personally love the update haha. I just don't think the 4x speed should be a thing in regular arena (ship arena was much needed... but regular no). Other than that the update was amazing hahaha
  • Options
    I don't particularly like 4x. I run 2x it feels right at that speed to me. I can understand why people like the 4x speed though. Take some time and find the people on your shard. I bet there is a chat already set up. It helps take care of that last minute sniping problem.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I have no interest in teams existing that can lose slowly enough to run out the timer. Hurray for 4x speed. I almost can't stand even playing in 1x anymore. Not sure how I ever played without this update. Love it.
  • Options
    I love it. It's easily my favorite of the QoL updates. Second would be the multi-sim for challenges. I understand what you're saying, however, there are ways around this, for instance, teaming up with your shard mates and rotating through who gets first second third etc. my shard has been doing this months and it's worked brilliantly. We have 28 people coordinating in total for payouts throughout the day. It's way less stressful
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    Options
    This thread should practically be deleted, 4x speed was fasho the best QOL update.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I love it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Just the poster is not happy
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Well, instead of a 4x faster option, you should be happy they didn't put in a 8x slower with no other speed option.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

According to Pew Research, 1% of Americans agree that the world is flat. Most rcently Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers. So no matter how reasonable the thing in question is, there will ALWAYS be someone who disagrees.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Tjbear02 wrote: »

Lol I personally love the update haha. I just don't think the 4x speed should be a thing in regular arena (ship arena was much needed... but regular no). Other than that the update was amazing hahaha

I dont fight for top spot in arena, but i do in ship arena...and the speedup hasnt affected my lock down at all
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    At this particular moment, I too don't like it but for far different reasons. For some reason when playing on x2 or x4 speed, after a few turns my game encounters shockingly bad performance issues and the game slows down to 2 frames per second. This would normally just be an annoyance switching it back to normal speed and waiting for it to catch up, but the big problem is that when it happens in both of the arenas the timer continues counting at the correct speed whilst I'm stuck trying to hit the **** button during one of those 2 frames, I've nearly timed out twice in the last day because of this. Me and multiple guild members are having this issue at the moment so I'm sure there are more people experiencing this too, our games have effectively been slowed down by this "speed increase" cause we can't use it meaning even our auto has to be done at 1x speed... This sucks
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    At this particular moment, I too don't like it but for far different reasons. For some reason when playing on x2 or x4 speed, after a few turns my game encounters shockingly bad performance issues and the game slows down to 2 frames per second. This would normally just be an annoyance switching it back to normal speed and waiting for it to catch up, but the big problem is that when it happens in both of the arenas the timer continues counting at the correct speed whilst I'm stuck trying to hit the **** button during one of those 2 frames, I've nearly timed out twice in the last day because of this. Me and multiple guild members are having this issue at the moment so I'm sure there are more people experiencing this too, our games have effectively been slowed down by this "speed increase" cause we can't use it meaning even our auto has to be done at 1x speed... This sucks

You probably just need a new mobile device. Just the way it is. Good excuse to go shopping.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    JohnTS676 wrote: »

You probably just need a new mobile device. Just the way it is. Good excuse to go shopping.

iPhone 5s, yea might seem outdated considering how rapidly technology progresses/how often every electronics company has a "new shiny" thing out. But there's no way a game like this should be pushing this phone past its processing limits, auto used to be 2x speed before these updates so how come all of a sudden I can't even run that now?

PS: let's not bother with the almost inevitable stream of android users just busting to find a comment about iOS so they can make "generic mine-is-better-than-yours/your device sucks" comments back, and vice versa for Apple users. Honestly those people should just have their own forums for bit-Ching wars away from everyone else
  • Options
    agreed for regular arena

but glad for everything else
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone not realize that it also increases the timer rate as well.
  • Options
    It's optional... you don't have to use it. My guess is its making it more difficult for ppl to snipe arena ranks at the last second... which I think is just great... there's really no other reason to not like an optional feature.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I personally absolutely love it. I thought it might be a problem in top of arenas but most battles we pretty much have to manual anyways. I think it's great cause I have time to actually see what is happening since I no longer have to rush and beat the clock.

Did haat today with it and wow it was like a different gamemode. Was a whole lot better and I actually played it manually and had fun :smiley: