During raids, how do you let everyone know when to die?

Laz
190 posts Member
So my guild is running organized Rancor raids, and we want a way to convey to members when it's ok to die so that we all get to score without the phase closing out. How do you guys explain to new members when to die?

We say "load in". That means start fighting, but don't die.

Then we say "commit". That means allow your toons to die and reload if you can.

Just curious to see how other guilds are doing this to see if there's anything that we can improve on.

Thanks.

Replies

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    24 hour no damage phase. You run 1 7* character but don't do any damage. Then at the start, you can go, but don't register damage aka die until 15 minutes in. That's for Rancor.

AAT is a little different. Everyone gets 1-2 attacks per phase.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Right. We do exactly that, but an officer says "commit" at the 15 minute mark. We don't just let people die in 15 minutes on their own, just in case. How does everyone in your guild know when the 15 mins is up and they can now die?
  • Mous
    25 posts Member
    Options
    In my guild, 2 players starts P1, after, when a member wants to fight, he says that in the chat. From P1 to P3 all of the members use 1 team. In P4, all people fights to do damage ;)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    We don't do that. I don't even understand what this is or why it would be necessary.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Because several members can solo the Rancor, this way everyone gets rewards.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone getting rewards is what the 24 hour registration period is for. Making people sit there for 15 minutes after doing their run doesn't mean everyone can get rewards, unless everyone is on during the same 15 minutes.
  • Options
    If you're trying to prevent anyone who solos it from running the damage out before others can hit the remaining phases, then they can wait until the raid is over, unless you cannot finish the raid without them.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm going to randomly start saying "load in" and "commit" in everyday conversation with my colleagues, friends and family.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    24 hour no damage phase. You run 1 7* character but don't do any damage. Then at the start, you can go, but don't register damage aka die until 15 minutes in. That's for Rancor.

AAT is a little different. Everyone gets 1-2 attacks per phase.

Our guild has the exact same rules.
  • Murf_uK
    56 posts Member
    Options
    For rancor we have a registration period a couple of hours before start, so most people use 1 character to hit the pigs and do no damage, then first phase anybody without 7 star Han can go, then when it's phase 2 it's a free for all usually done in 15-20 minutes
  • Murf_uK
    56 posts Member
    Options
    1 more thing we have a few who can solo the raid they just start phase 1 without registering then after those without han are done proceed to complete the raid, I believe they are still in phase 2 when the full thing is done but they just keep going because there's hasn't registered that it's complete if you get what I mean