Who to set in arena before vacation?

Teague
939 posts Member
I just got married Saturday and going on honeymoon today. I doubt I'll have any WiFi to play this game on. So until late Friday night, I may not be on again. Having an arena team that ranks inside the top 20 fairly often on a year old server, I would like to set a team that would hold rank best possible, so as not to return and find myself at rank 500. My usual arena team is all maxed:

Boba (L)
Kylo
Anakin
Ventress
Daka

I also have a few other characters maxed or very close:

ST Han
Yoda
IG88
Ahsoka

I spent my zeta on Ventress passive, so she pretty good and perhaps my best, or at least a tough secret weapon. But what combination of these characters would you least want to attack? Who would hold rank best for a 5 day absence?

Replies

• Options
    Honestly, any combination of these characters would make me attack your team without 2nd thoughts...
  • Options
    open an account for your wife. problem solved.
  • Options
    BattlezeD wrote: »
    open an account for your wife. problem solved.
    My thoughts exactly lmao
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, any combination of these characters would make me attack your team without 2nd thoughts...

I do get attached a lot for not using the same characters everyone else uses, but I'm not a "meta chaser" I just use who I have most fun playing as. And I have once gotten as high as rank 2.

I honestly don't understand the hype around B2. Why use him when Ventress does the same exact thing (AoE debuff), but hits WAY harder and is way faster, going first in almost every battle and making Baze/Shore Trooper obsolete.

I've never understood why Ventress and Daka aren't more popular.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »

I do get attached a lot for not using the same characters everyone else uses, but I'm not a "meta chaser" I just use who I have most fun playing as. And I have once gotten as high as rank 2.

I honestly don't understand the hype around B2. Why use him when Ventress does the same exact thing (AoE debuff), but hits WAY harder and is way faster, going first in almost every battle and making Baze/Shore Trooper obsolete.

how many turns your ventress gets in an arena battle? b2 gets three times more than that.
  • JayNyxx
    269 posts Member
    Options
    BattlezeD wrote: »

how many turns your ventress gets in an arena battle? b2 gets three times more than that.

This.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

B2 has a 50% chance to gain 100% TM when any other char in your team gets damaged. In offense, you will see it happen rarely, but in defense it happens quite often. So he gains alot of extra turns and interrupts (annoys) the attackers gameplay + debuffs his char + add buff immunity to them. He is really, really, annoying to fight, thats why! ;)

Asajj rocks somehow, no question, but she cant take many hits, nor can she 1-hit-kill anyone and her stun procs nearly never. Daka was meta some months ago, at least in GW ... but somewhen around when Palpatine was added to the game, she became obsolete.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    i'd just continue playing on your carriers data plan. unless your going to be at her side 24/7 you'll have some time to play. maybe not as much as you do now but still some time.

generally when i'm on vacation i do things i enjoy. that includes this game so i can't see being on ANY vacation where i couldn't play the games i enjoy.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    i'd just continue playing on your carriers data plan. unless your going to be at her side 24/7 you'll have some time to play. maybe not as much as you do now but still some time.

generally when i'm on vacation i do things i enjoy. that includes this game so i can't see being on ANY vacation where i couldn't play the games i enjoy.

Wish it were an option, but I have no data plan. I play exclusively on home WiFi.

The main reason for my asking opinions is because I have Yoda and IG88 at gear 10, but have everything ready to go to gear 11. I just haven't done it yet because I was waiting and seeing what options would be available later on. But if it would help me hold rank while I'm gone to go ahead and gear them up, I would.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    If you cant log on to collect payout what difference does it make if you drop a little :wink:
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    4X speed may have made attrition teams inviable, but I think a Chewie(L), K2S0, Fives, Chirrut, Barriss team would still be practically impossible to kill personally. The defense up from Chewie and the hots from Chirrut basically guarantee K2S0 is permataunting. Him and fives to counter attack aoeers. Chewie is basically there for his leader ability and high health. With 2 healing equalizations, 2 cleanses, and auto hots, having high hp characters like these with high defense (thanks Chewie) would be **** near impossible to do any lasting damage to.

That being said, what kind of a hotel doesn't have WiFi these days?
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    4X speed may have made attrition teams inviable, but I think a Chewie(L), K2S0, Fives, Chirrut, Barriss team would still be practically impossible to kill personally. The defense up from Chewie and the hots from Chirrut basically guarantee K2S0 is permataunting. Him and fives to counter attack aoeers. Chewie is basically there for his leader ability and high health. With 2 healing equalizations, 2 cleanses, and auto hots, having high hp characters like these with high defense (thanks Chewie) would be **** near impossible to do any lasting damage to.

Really? My Zader team would have that team for breakfast. Exceedingly easy team to beat.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

Really? My Zader team would have that team for breakfast. Exceedingly easy team to beat.

I wasn't talking zetas myself, but if we were zeta chirrut and/or Barriss provide enough extra healing to overcome Vader's zeta. hots counteract dots, Chirrut hots heal for a lot zeta'd. Barriss makes people heal when crit, K2S0, Chirrut and Fives are counterattacking Vader for much after his force crush that hit them for very little thanks to Chewie's defense up and K2S0's offense down, and will tick for nothing because they have as many hots as dots. Meanwhile everybody will be forced to attack K2S0 while he has defense up and they have offense down and he's getting a hot and counterattacking them every time your toons go.

You can talk about buff immunity from TFP or daze from maul, or some other debuff from some random character, but between Barriss's auto cleanse and Chirruts group cleanse, no debuff will last other than dots, and those only because of Zeta Vader. Dots, however, aren't going to do any damage thanks to Chirrut's auto hots. Big hit crits from abilities based on debuffs will trigger Barriss's auto heal and Chirrut's aurto hots which will keep the targeted toon alive until Barriss or Chirrut can healing equalization and bring everybody back to full again.

Exceedingly easy team to beat? I think you aren't grasping all the ramifications of the group comp I posted. Good luck taking down just K2S0.

• Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty funny no one except one person congratulared the op,congratulations @Teague ,hope you enjoy your vacation
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options

I wasn't talking zetas myself, but if we were zeta chirrut and/or Barriss provide enough extra healing to overcome Vader's zeta. hots counteract dots, Chirrut hots heal for a lot zeta'd. Barriss makes people heal when crit, K2S0, Chirrut and Fives are counterattacking Vader for much after his force crush that hit them for very little thanks to Chewie's defense up and K2S0's offense down, and will tick for nothing because they have as many hots as dots. Meanwhile everybody will be forced to attack K2S0 while he has defense up and they have offense down and he's getting a hot and counterattacking them every time your toons go.

Exceedingly easy team to beat? I think you aren't grasping all the ramifications of the group comp I posted. Good luck taking down just K2S0.
    I have never faced it, but Chaze teams don't tend to give me much trouble, and Baze is a far better tank than K2 will ever be, so I think I understand it well enough. It's not going to cut it. The team is slow as mud and extremely vulnerable to culling blow and execute. 5s and K2 aren't counterattacking anybody except shoretrooper, who has enough health/prot to eat through about a million of those counterattacks, so /shrug. I suggest you try it out in your arena if you're so convinced it works, but I suspect every single DS team will dispatch it easily with the 4x change. Perhaps before it would've stood a chance to time out some teams.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

^^ This

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

It's his honeymoon. He's going to be....busy. ;)

Congrats and enjoy your vacation!

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I just got married Saturday and going on honeymoon today. I doubt I'll have any WiFi to play this game on. So until late Friday night, I may not be on again.

Like your approach to this game and marriage, I think you'll find some wifi somewhere, this game is worse than a drug, best foot forward and good luck

• Options
    Cup, mob enforcer,ugnaught,Talia and any night sisters will get you great arena rankings.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I have never faced it, but Chaze teams don't tend to give me much trouble, and Baze is a far better tank than K2 will ever be, so I think I understand it well enough. It's not going to cut it. The team is slow as mud and extremely vulnerable to culling blow and execute. 5s and K2 aren't counterattacking anybody except shoretrooper, who has enough health/prot to eat through about a million of those counterattacks, so /shrug. I suggest you try it out in your arena if you're so convinced it works, but I suspect every single DS team will dispatch it easily with the 4x change. Perhaps before it would've stood a chance to time out some teams.

Actually that's a common misconception. Chirrut K2S0 combo is far more potent than the Chirrut Baze combo.

K2S0 counterattacks 39/40 times unless debuffed. Chirrut cleanses, K2S0 has 100% taunt rate when buffed. Chirrut gives a hot to anyone who takes damage. This means that K2S0 and Chirrut together create an unbreakable taunt/counterattack cycle. You'd have to get the sickest RNG ever to get more than 2 turns targeting someone else before you kill K2S0. Now let's talk about killing K2S0. The offense down he puts up cuts your damage in half right off the bat. The Defense up he will constantly have up thanks to Chewie will take his armor from 31% (50 defense from Chewie lead is equal to 5% armor/resistance) to 46% which will take your 50% damage and cut it to 26%. So all your characters are hitting him for at best 54% of their unimitigated damage, and at worst 26% of it. Not only is he getting hit for little and getting hots whenever you attack him, Barriss is healing him on the spot for a decent amount too whenever he gets crit.

The fact that you think Baze is better than K2S0 with Chirrut shows how little you know about the synergy those two can have when K2S0 doesn't have to share the stage with Baze. It's all the little things in this group stacked together that make it work. You can't use blanket judegements like "Baze's better than K2S0, so I'll destroy your group" against a combo making master (which it may be cocky to call myself, but I'll back those words up). You have to evaluate the group, not the individuals.

You probably know so little about K2S0 that you wouldn't even stack tenacity on him (he's worthless until you get it to at least 60%). So K2S0 is a better taunter and counter attacker in this set up than Baze in any setup. He also has more survivability than him due to his debuffs, and the addition of Barriss. This group is actually built around making K2S0 an unbeatable tank, which is exactly what makes it so formidable.
    Yeah Chewie may taunt every now and then and steal some focus, but that just makes it eaier for the healing equalize to top everyone off since two people will be getting the auto heals.