Been Gone Awhile - Looking for Advice!

PVG
1 posts Member
Hello! I played this game for awhile but due to various life circumstances I have been gone from the game for a number of months. Upon coming back I found that a lot has changed and was looking for some information and advice regarding how things are now.

Last time I played, Yoda was rolled out. I managed to get him at 5 stars. I think the level cap was 70 or 75 or something at the time? I want to say the Pit Raid was also a pretty new thing as I played it once.

At any rate, I am now level 78 and not really sure what to be working on/towards. The main characters I have are as follows:

7*:
Poggle the Lesser
Old Daka
IG-88
Biggs Darklighter
Luminara Unduli
Count Dooku
HK-47
IG-86
Captain Phasma
Darth Sidious
Eeth Koth
Jedi Consular
Teebo

Not all of their gear is the highest, but some have level 8-9ish gear such as Poggle, the droids, Old Daka, Count Dooku, a few others.

6*:
Bariss Offee (78/100 shards)

5* unless otherwise noted:
Royal Guard
Darth Vader
Yoda
Chewbacca
Qui-Gon Jinn (actively farming him atm)
Wedge Antilles (4*)
Admiral Ackbar
Actively farming Storm Trooper Han, just unlocked him at 3*
and then I have a whole mess of characters that have been barely leveled or starred or geared that just accumulated over time.

I read a lot that Biggs/Wedge are a great combo now. Would it be worthwhile to build a rebel team since I already have Biggs most of the way built up? He is one gear slot away from level 9 gear I think.

Right now for Arena I am using HK lead, my two droids and and I have been experimenting with the other two characters, usually Count Dooku and Old Daka, or sometimes Poggle. Any suggestions here? I know I am at a pretty big disadvantage at the moment being so far behind in levels, gear, and now Mods, but would be nice to start getting back on track a bit (I am not super competitive, don't really care if I am in the top 10 or not, but would like to not be at 800 in the future).

I see that they added ships finally (these were but a dream when I stopped playing). Any advice on what to do here? I have a bunch of 1 star and a couple of 2 star ships after messing around, but I am not really sure what is good here or the overall purpose of them. There doesn't seem to be anything but ship PvP.

Mods are new and mysterious to me as well. I played through a bunch of the Mod battles though and got some. I assume the more dots they have the better. Most of mine are one or two dots. I assume you get access to higher dot mods at higher levels? Are there some types of mods that I should be aiming for over others? Right now I just have a mess of them. Been upgrading them and applying them to my better characters, focusing on enhancing what that character is good at (+hp for bariss for her passive healing ability in GW, +crit change/damage for my droid attacks, etc). Advice is greatly welcomed here.

I see there are events that pop up periodically, sort of like the Yoda event used to (I assume it still does), are there any I should particularly prepare for? If so, how?

Is Vader still only obtainable through achievements? I always wanted to get him pumped up but never really could get enough resources for him.

I did join a guild kind of randomly, they seem to do a lot of tier 6 or 7 raids (Ithink?). I don't do well in these, though I think a lot of that has to do with not knowing what I am really doing. Advice on the raids would be awesome.

I read about something called Zeta abilities, but I see nothing in-game regarding them. I assume these show up when I am at a higher level? Are they pretty much just the next iteration after Omega?

Overall, I would love some input on which characters I should focus on. Back when I left, Count Dooku and Phasma were pretty much the only two group leaders worth using (aside from Qui-Gon Jinn), but now I see that there is a much greater variety out there.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• Options
    First off welcome back, second I'd stay in the guild you're in. It'll give you much better gear, don't worry about place as much. As far as toons go focus on Wedge from cantina and Boba with the coins. Wiggs will be your team for a long time and will carry you far. Plus they're good for a lot of things. As far as mods go, just get some decents ones. Most people will say speed and I agree. Look for speed primary stats on the arrow one. You can get vader through achievements and he's in the fleet shipments. I would also advise to continue to farm StHan and get 5 scoundrels, (StHan, IG-88, Boba, etc) for credit heist. If you look in the guide section you'll find a much more detailed analysis of what I just said.

Hope this helps, enjoy!
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Scoundrels are very important. So are Rebels. Boba Fett is now reworked and extremely powerful. Rebels are also impt to get Palp.
    Yes, Zetas are After omegas. U may acquire them in fleet shipments(no) and fleet Challenges.Build up Ships and Pilots

Raids: Look at Youtube for some comboez
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs and Wedge are very solid, so much so you'd probably be well served plugging them into your arena team in those extra two spots even though they don't synergize with anyone else. Farming Wedge to 7* is a good plan at some point in the near to immediate futrure.

First though, farm Lando from Cantina. You need scoundrels for the weekly credit heist and Lando + StHan are a core that can get you through top tier and get those credits flowing, which you will need a LOT of for the higher level mods.

Speaking of Mods... Speed secondary stats are the name of the game right now. Don't confuse that with "Speed Mods" (the ones with the speedy guy icon). Speed mods are ok on some characters, but what you really want is mods with speed in the secondary stats and especially Arrow mods with speed as the primary. Apart from that basic summary though, you'd be well served to go watch a mod tutorial on YouTube, there's a lot to them.

The Zeta Mats you are asking about tie into the ships. The final tier of the ship material challenge can drop zeta mats, and you can buy zetas from the ship store as well. Those are the only two places to get zeta's... but honestly you have a ways to go before worrying about that. That said, don't neglect your ships. You will need some dark side ships to unlock the top level zeta challenge as well, so keep that in mind.

Vader can be found in ship shipments as well, and also in the shard shop.

The only other recurring event of note besides Yoda is the Emperor Palpatine event. Palps is a great character that can fit in a variety of team comps. You want him. You need rebels to complete the event (it functions just like the Yoda event, except with rebels instead of Jedi) so that's another reason to get to work on Lando.

Stick with your guild, you'll get a better feel for the raid with time. There are good strats on YouTube for that as well, but the TLDR is that Jedi, Droids, and Rebels are all solid in the raid.

Welcome back! Have fun!
  • Options
    We have an established community if any of your guys would like to join here :) we are sigma of The Alliance. We would love to have you if you're still looking. https://discord.gg/bDgdK
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Rex and sun fac are also now FTP. Get them and get them geared up. Can't go wrong with those two in your roster. They solve problems.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    In terms of ships, I would recommend trying to max characters that serve dual purposes. Characters like Biggs, Ashoka, TFP, JC, GS, Boba, Phasma all come to mind, along with Ackbar, Tarkin and Mace for capital ships. I prioritized building up a strong fleet arena team in conjunction with my personal preferences early on and it has paid off for me (1 or 2 in arena, 1 in fleet). You will also need Tarkin for Zeta materials eventually so he's worth working on. My suggestion is that since you'll need Tarkin for Zetas you might as well get a TFP since he is great in arena (behind a tank) and his ship is very effective (and annoying) in fleet and has synergy with Tarkin.