Best Rancor Team

Prev1
AC_
82 posts Member
Any advice on teams for rancor? I usually hit each phase for about 1.2 mil on tier 6, my rebels do the most damage, any advice and strategy would be greatly appreciated.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ac7/collection/

Replies

• Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    If you have Zader go for a full sith/empire team (tho there is some variations with Rex/bistan), else go for teebo lead, Rex, qgj, phasma and tie fighter pilot, good tm control plus tenacity down from tfp, you should clear at least 2 phases straight

The team I'm using atm is teebo L, qgj, phasma, wiggs ; works perfectly on phase 1 but I'm missing tenacity down for rancor phases
  • Options
    I run Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, 5's as my A team for the rancor and do fairly well with them. On T5 I did 3.7 million damage with that team. Don't remember what phase, but Phase 1 Leia is great because her stealth negates the death mark when it's placed on her. Retreat until Big Piggy puts it on her.
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have the shards to max qui gon, I'm thinking I should work on him next anc gear up Teebo too
  • Camakin
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Try Teebo L,QGJ, Ackbar, Wedge, Biggs. Teebo and QGJ for the turn meter, Ackbar for getting rid of the deathstroke, Wiggs for damage. I always try to use AA's Tactical Genius when Biggs' second move is charged. I've gotten from start to about 60% left of phase 2 with this team (2.5mil damage) on T7 rancor raids
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I run Teebo L, QGJ, Rex, Yoda, and Phasma. On T6 I can clear from phase 1-3, it just a matter of turn meter manipulation. If the rancor has no TM, damage will come over time.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Full ewok squad with one other (someone for tenacity down or speed down, or defense down preferably) is pretty slick especially phase iv.

Teebo (L), Rex, QGJ, Tusken Raider, and Dengar can solo it. 4/5 have tm removal on their basic attack. 3 have assists, 2 have buff wipes.Dengar can do speed down and tenacity down, plus has a chance to assist on his basic so could still potentially trigger tm removal on his turn. 60% chance to assist, 100% chance to call someone with tm removal on basic.

QGJ and Tusken Raider have 2 turn cd assists. they each have a 75% chance to call a tm removal on basic, of the 25% left, Dengar has a 60% chance to assist, which means they both actually have a 90% chance of calling in tm removal on their assists. Everyone has health steal and QGJ's assist heals the assister. SO no healer required, especially with the lack of Rancor turns. Rex also has a cleanse for debuffs, and Teebo giving stealth makes deathmark often ineffective.

If Teebo drops stealth, you can use his tm gain stealth ability to get it back, or use Rex's tm gain move, or just have everyone else do tm removal until his turn comes back around.

Rex has 100% chance for 25% tm removal. QGJ has 80% chance to remove 30%, Teebo has 100% chance (when stealthed) to remove 100%, Tusken Raider has 55% chance to remove 50%. All pretty high chance, high amount tm removals. If Jyn Erso is available, I would sub her for tusken raider as her potency stacks and stealing 100% of the Rancor's tm every other turn and giving it to herself works beautifully at keeping him down.

Other good subs include Chewbacca and Ewok Scout for consistency on tm removal (both have a 55% chance to remove 50% on basic) could be subbed for tusken raider, Rex, or QGJ. However, with their high percentage chances to remove, having those Rex and QGJ with Teebo is a high priority.

Tie Fighter Pilot is a good sub for Dengar as he has tenacity down. Fives can be a good sub with speed down on his basic. Luke can be a good sub with defense down and speed down on his special.

There's lots of comps that can be made out of the characters I have listed that can solo the Rancor, but Teebo, Rex, and QG are practically required... as is a tenacity down or speed down at the very least along with another tm reducer.

There's a priority in which debuffs to include. With multiple tm reducers the priority is:
    Tenacity down
    Speed down
    Defense down
    Offense Down
    any other debuff

Also remember that debuffs on the Rancor are far better than buffs on your squad in general as the lack of turns he takes gives you numerous opportunities to land debuffs on basics and refresh cds on specials. Buffs however wear off sometimes like normal. Before I came to this conclusion I was looking at Kit Fisto for his potency up to make tm removal stick, but tenacity down is far better simply due to consistency.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Options
    For you, I'd go Teebo lead, Wiggs, QGJ, and Rex.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    AC_ wrote: »
    Any advice on teams for rancor? I usually hit each phase for about 1.2 mil on tier 6, my rebels do the most damage, any advice and strategy would be greatly appreciated.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ac7/collection/

Well look at that you already have practically everybody you could want.

6 of the best tm removers: Teebo, Rex, QG, Chewbacca, Tusken Raider, and Ewok Scout.
    The two best tenacity down guys: Dengar and TFP.
    You have plenty of characters that can give speed down too. I'd pick Dengar, Luke, or Fives out of the ones you have... in that order.

Ewok scout will take forever to farm, so he's out for now. Nobody wants Chewbacca, but You have QGJ and Tusken Raider already and both are fairly easy to farm. Dengar is another slow farm, but TFP can be farmed quite quickly if need be... at least with a decent arena rating.
  • Options
    Narseph wrote: »
    If you have Zader go for a full sith/empire team (tho there is some variations with Rex/bistan), else go for teebo lead, Rex, qgj, phasma and tie fighter pilot, good tm control plus tenacity down from tfp, you should clear at least 2 phases straight

The team I'm using atm is teebo L, qgj, phasma, wiggs ; works perfectly on phase 1 but I'm missing tenacity down for rancor phases

What does tenacity down do for rancor raid. I've asked before but never got answered
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Great info, thanks everyone!
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options

What does tenacity down do for rancor raid. I've asked before but never got answered
    So your TMRs stick easier.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options

TM can be resisted based on opponents Tenacity. If you Tenacity Down them they basically go to base amount which I think is a 15% chance to resist. So you vastly increase the odds to apply TM reduction. Dengar and TFP can both do Tenacity Down.
  • Options
    It really depends. You need to deal damage to it and survive, the tactique the players made into a forever-meta is of course Turn Meter reduction. Now you need to make a TM reducing team so the Rancor attacks less, but when it comes to roster there are SO many options tricks and more you can go with.
    After analysing it I came to the following squads:

Best faction for the Rancor: Clones, Rex lead.
    Best synergy based tricks: Empire, Zader lead.
    Best toon based tricks: Jyn and Bistan

The most effective out of those 3 is Clones BUT they are hard to farm/gear and require good potency mods.
    Empire team is easy to farm but it's the least effective and also requires mods.

So I declare to you the best squad for Rancor (imo)
    Jyn Erso lead, Bistan, Chaze/Wiggs and Ackbar/Cassian
  • Options
    I use Jyn Erso, Bistan, QGJ, Baze, and TFP.

Speed down on Baze's basic and Tenacity down on TFP's basic are pretty handy to keep it going. I realize there is no one to dispel the deathmark, but with the debuffs and the 3x turn Meter reductions the deathmark is usually dispelled on its own before the toon is hit with an attack from the pigs.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • crzydroid
    7311 posts Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Why are you only doing tier 6?

Off of just what you have, you might try Teebo (L), Phasma, TFP, Rex, and a fifth...but you might also try your Zader squad of Zader, Sidious, Boba, Rex...really, you might be ready to solo Heroic rancor. If your guild has a few other tmr squads, you should really convince them to try heroic.

P.S. I'm running Teebo (L), TFP, QG, Phasma, and Jyn. Teebo and Phasma are g8, and TFP is g9 (and growing). I can solo p1 with the boss taking 0-1 turns. Don't know how I'd do whole thing-wise, as it's against how our current raid rules are set up. But I imagine quite a bit, especially as I gear the lower three and remod everyone.

Seriously, try heroic.
  • Toniosnow
    37 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I run Teebo (L) 6* G8, QGJ 7* G8, Rex 7* G8, TFP 7* G8, Fives 7* G8 at level 81 but I've never been able to solo the rancor T6 yet, I always find myself trapped when teebo looses stealth and QGJ doesn't reduce TM.

Any recommendation or is it all up to the RNG ?
  • Options
    Toniosnow wrote: »
    I run Teebo (L) 6* G8, QGJ 7* G8, Rex 7* G8, TFP 7* G8, Fives 7* G8 at level 81 but I've never been able to solo the rancor T6 yet, I always find myself trapped when teebo looses stealth and QGJ doesn't reduce TM.

Any recommendation or is it all up to the RNG ?

Are you running Potency mods?

• Options
    Yes I am, I mean it's not full potency, it happens sometimes that the rancor resists the TM reduction but it's very rare (I'd say less than 5% of attacks). Teebo has over 60% potency, Rex somewhere close to 50% I think and QGJ is around 40-45%.
    I only die because there's a small gap when Teebo looses stealth and QGJ doesn't reduce TM. Which is pretty rare, but it still happens from time to time and the T6 rancor hits pretty hard.
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Toniosnow wrote: »
    Yes I am, I mean it's not full potency, it happens sometimes that the rancor resists the TM reduction but it's very rare (I'd say less than 5% of attacks). Teebo has over 60% potency, Rex somewhere close to 50% I think and QGJ is around 40-45%.
    I only die because there's a small gap when Teebo looses stealth and QGJ doesn't reduce TM. Which is pretty rare, but it still happens from time to time and the T6 rancor hits pretty hard.

What are your toons speed?

Edit : if you have omega-ed fives basic, which makes him attack twice speed downed foes, it might be the problem, as it gives way too much tm to the rancor
  • Options
    I run Zader, Zidious, Maul, Rex and TFP. I have solo'd our last 13 raids.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    i used to put potency mods on my rancor toons, but stopped since i put TFP in there for T down. So now my potency mods go to other teams that need it. why bother putting in a guy whose sole purpose is for Tenacity down if we still need to waste mod spots on something TFP already takes cares of?

• Options
    M_L wrote: »
    i used to put potency mods on my rancor toons, but stopped since i put TFP in there for T down. So now my potency mods go to other teams that need it. why bother putting in a guy whose sole purpose is for Tenacity down if we still need to waste mod spots on something TFP already takes cares of?

So do you stack crit chance on TFP?

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    well my TFP's still in my arena team, so he's actually mod'd for speed and crit dmg and as much crit chance as i can spare as a 3rd priority. works well enough tho since he has more turns so i certainly can land a T down within a turn or, say 3.

but once it's landed, pig captain shouldn't get more than 3 turns ever.

my rancor team is Teebo (g8), rex (g11 as he's in my arena team), qgj (g11), 5s(g10) and TFP (g11). I can't solo the whole thing but RNG dependent i can get well into or past phase 2.

I'd like to replace Teebo with Jyn. Mainly 'cause I feel like my teebo has no other use except for Rancor and he needs too many purple gear. Jyn's a rebel and her kit seems more flexible in the long term.

i don't have that many mods, can't be tossing them all these toons that're single use only, ya know?
  • Options
    I'm currently running Zader, Sidious, TFP, Nihilus and Magmatrooper.

I think selecting Magmatrooper was a mistake even with his TM reducing secondary because his basic has a chance of attacking a second target which against the Rancor is the Door Panel causing repeated topples meaning you have to pay attention and reapply speed down when needed.
  • crzydroid
    7311 posts Moderator
    Options
    Similar to above, with tfp in, I actually broke up a potency set on Teebo to give him more speed. Teebo's only at 33% potency. Petsonally, I run Phasma, so she gives tfp advantage. I would still like to get more crit chance on him, however.
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    This thread was very old, not sure how it popped up and everyone is responding now, I've since starting this put a zeta on Vader and could now solo it.
    Zader
    Sideous
    Palpatine
    Dooku
    Teebo

Could also alternate dooku or even Teebo for tie fighter pilot.
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    @AC_ if this is a necro thread, ask for a dev to close it
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    not sure how to ask a dev, I don't post much on the forums but I'm cool with closing it.

I'm sure someone else will start a rancor thread soon anyways.
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon or @BentWookiee are your friends if you want to close a thread @AC_ ;)
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon or @BentWookiee are your friends if you want to close a thread @AC_ ;)

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.