Another Rebels thread

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
Its not my intention to start yet another debate about the quality of the tv show (there are plenty of other threads for that), but i just want to make a quick point.

It really doesnt matter what your opinion is of the show and of the characters being added to the game. I think its great that people are discussing their thoughts and having debates. However nobody can claim that their personal opinion is the opinion of the "majority". And saying that CG/EA is making a poor business decision by adding characters that "everyone hates" is a bit juvenile.

The characters have been a long time coming and they aren't going anywhere after they arrive so i suggest people buck up. They're canon, they bring exposure to a currently running TV show thats starting to hit its stride, and a lot of people do in fact like them. The quality of the game isnt going to suffer because you dont like some of the new characters.

Also, id recommend to @BentWookiee that all these Rebels threads (including mine) be consolidated to a megathread. They're getting pretty cluttered.

Replies

• Options
    So you create a thread to get attention, afraid it won't be seen in the middle of another thread. And then you ask a mod to merge the threads. Lololololololol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    So you create a thread to get attention, afraid it won't be seen in the middle of another thread. And then you ask a mod to merge the threads. Lololololololol

yup
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

So you post here to get attention, ramble on about some non-sense, and then proceed to spam the acronym "lol."
  • Options
    Yup, seeing how there were already 5 threads about rebels on the first page and someone created another one.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, seeing how there were already 5 threads about rebels on the first page and someone created another one.
    I thought I made it pretty clear I was aware of that. Which is why I think there should be a megathread
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I thought I made it pretty clear I was aware of that. Which is why I think there should be a megathread

Could have just @amod in one of those other threads then... which only goes to back up what I said
  • Options
    @Fear_JarJar I'm more curious of how you've been using the forums so well and only Insulting people since you joined....
  • Options
    My problem is not that the new characters are from the Rebels show, is that they are rebels, already the bigest and strongest faction.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    My problem is not that the new characters are from the Rebels show, is that they are rebels, already the bigest and strongest faction.

I think CG is aware of that concern which is why they went all out on dark side and dispellers to counter, then give phoenix squad more internal synergy than rebel synergy. Even most of the R1 rebels (other than chaze which works with most teams) don't have much more synergy with Wiggs, Lando, etc than any other toons. Having this many rebels was inevitable just because of how many major characters are rebels and what the original character roster looked like.

They've been wanting to add toons from Rebels for a long time now (mobilegamer has an interview with jesse from a while ago that confirms this) but they waited until the meta shifted away from OT rebels to add them. So I think they did the best job they could and deserve some props.