Strange geo squad..

AbyssalH
303 posts Member
I wonder if this works.. Ig88lead,poggle,gs,gspy,sun fac..all with critchance and crit dmg mods.. All highspeed secondarys and also offense.. The idea is: whenever geo allys crit, they apply 1-2 debuffs.. That will grant gspy 70% tm.. Gs also gets 50% .. The assist will call any other geonosian.. Which causes also gspy to get a turn.. With the right speed order.. 88 mass abilityblocks. Gspy does his turn. Ends with 70% tm. Any poggle goes.. Gspy goes. Gs goes, calls any geo.. Gspy goes.. Sun fac goes.. Gspy goes.. Gspy goes again.. Gs goes.. Gspy goes.. Also gspy can vanish a first turn taunter in the beginning.. With him 3 debuffs and gspy 2 buffs would be about 40-55k dmg.. What do you think? Its also ai proof

Replies

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah when gspy 1st came out way back last what ...june? This is what i thought....but unfortunately gspy has been plagued with bugs and although mine is 7* g10 i have never really bothered gearing the rest of the Geonosian team up since EA/CG completely deflated me...

I can neither confirm nor deny this...but i had the idea from when gspy came out in chromiums and threw down a bunch of $ on him since anything ressembling vaders culling blade ability should be gold...

Then they changed gspy...several times...

Just like they changed the mods i bought too...

Just they changed Heal Immunity to prevent protection recovery right after i zeta my jyn...

And this is why i spend no $ on the game now EA/CG! F U! Make up your dang mind! Stop changing stuff as soon as i buy it!

• AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Yeah when gspy 1st came out way back last what ...june? This is what i thought....but unfortunately gspy has been plagued with bugs and although mine is 7* g10 i have never really bothered gearing the rest of the Geonosian team up since EA/CG completely deflated me...

I can neither confirm nor deny this...but i had the idea from when gspy came out in chromiums and threw down a bunch of $ on him since anything ressembling vaders culling blade ability should be gold...

Just they changed Heal Immunity to prevent protection recovery right after i zeta my jyn...

And this is why i spend no $ on the game now EA/CG! F U! Make up your dang mind! Stop changing stuff as soon as i buy it!

What bugs do you know im aware of?

Also u gave me a new idea.. Hoz about zader,boba,gspy :o they could deal tons of dmg.. Gspy would terminate p3 haat cuz he stacks better than culling blade
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    AbyssalH wrote: »
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

What bugs do you know im aware of?

Also u gave me a new idea.. Hoz about zader,boba,gspy :o they could deal tons of dmg.. Gspy would terminate p3 haat cuz he stacks better than culling blade

The target has to have a buff for him to dispel, also Vader still deals 50% more damage compared to the 40% more damage by geo spy for each effect
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There was a bit of excitement to try this strategy out when he was going to be released but it didn't work, it might now though
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    I also would've liked to try this team as I have them all maxed besides Geo spy who g8 but. Just didn't seem to work out
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with that team is that it lacks speed to start off. It would rely on Geo Soldier having very fast mods and calling someone other than 88 to assist (Only a 25% chance for it to be 88, but still 25% chance to not have Geo Spy go next) and Geo Spy would then gain 70% TM. Only problem there is that Geo Spy wouldn't be able to start 1-shotting people until your enemy was buffed. The only two people that would be going a lot in this set up would be Geo Spy and GS as they're the only ones that can gain TM. Fun Sac would counter attack, but he probably wouldn't get too many turns, and Poggle wouldn't be able to hold up in the arena nowadays because he's one of those support characters that lacks TM gain/manipulation so he won't be able to support as much as some other characters could.

I think it'd be hella fun in GW though, just wouldn't stand up in Arena due to it's relying on RNG (and not the kind where the AI gets bonuses) and lack of a quick start with too much set up involved. If I had Geo Spy I'd probably start running this kind of team in GW so I could stack TM from previous nodes to get the ball rolling quickly.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    The problem with that team is that it lacks speed to start off. It would rely on Geo Soldier having very fast mods and calling someone other than 88 to assist (Only a 25% chance for it to be 88, but still 25% chance to not have Geo Spy go next) and Geo Spy would then gain 70% TM. Only problem there is that Geo Spy wouldn't be able to start 1-shotting people until your enemy was buffed. The only two people that would be going a lot in this set up would be Geo Spy and GS as they're the only ones that can gain TM. Fun Sac would counter attack, but he probably wouldn't get too many turns, and Poggle wouldn't be able to hold up in the arena nowadays because he's one of those support characters that lacks TM gain/manipulation so he won't be able to support as much as some other characters could.

I think it'd be hella fun in GW though, just wouldn't stand up in Arena due to it's relying on RNG (and not the kind where the AI gets bonuses) and lack of a quick start with too much set up involved. If I had Geo Spy I'd probably start running this kind of team in GW so I could stack TM from previous nodes to get the ball rolling quickly.

He pretty much nailed it...no speed, Gspy is fast but not that fast and needs heavy speed mods to get there...plus his special only affects buffs...not debuffs... originally it was debuffs...that is the source of my bitterness in my orginal comment.

So yeah gspy is another impressive toon from chromiums that got nuetered right outta the gate.

Sure you can use him in GW and i still do occasionally on R1/gk teams...if he can live long enough...his hp/protection is so flipping low you can almost 1-2 KO him with bariss.
  • Bamabb1
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Actually Geo Spy special works on Buffs and Debuffs. It removes "all effects and does 40% more damage for all effects dispelled. I have been thinking of using him in arena against Chaze. All of the top teams use Chaze and they quickly stack buffs/ debuffs. With decent speed and crit mods I would think he would be pretty good.
  • Ghobis
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Bamabb1 wrote: »
    Actually Geo Spy special works on Buffs and Debuffs. It removes "all effects and does 40% more damage for all effects dispelled. I have been thinking of using him in arena against Chaze. All of the top teams use Chaze and they quickly stack buffs/ debuffs. With decent speed and crit mods I would think he would be pretty good.

Buffs only actually. His special skill is prefaced with "positive status effects".

Also, I have run the team OP is speaking of extensively. It used to work, now it's dated.
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Options
    Ghobis wrote: »
    Bamabb1 wrote: »

Buffs only actually. His special skill is prefaced with "positive status effects".

Also, I have run the team OP is speaking of extensively. It used to work, now it's dated.

Who is op?